3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2015 12:26 AM by ManiacJoe

How to harmonise white balance with a neon tube lighting ?

sylvanoxxx

Hello,

I shot a Martial Arts Session a room with a mix of daylight and neon tube lights.
      Fortunately, I saved in raw files...

Because (I suppose) of the frequency of the lights (50Hz), my white balance have to be corrected for each pictures.

I tryed to use the auto white balance in lightroom, but the result is worth.

Do someone knows an easy way to harmonise the white balance for my 103 photos ?

Regards.

S

• 1. Re: How to harmonise white balance with a neon tube lighting ?
          99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Try using the white balance picker tool (like eye dropper) on one of the photos. Click once on a neutral color or gray looking part of the image. Keep choosing different positions until the image looks best. Then select all the other images and sync.

• 2. Re: How to harmonise white balance with a neon tube lighting ?
            sylvanoxxx Level 1

Thank you 99jon.

I tryed this.

I think it's a good solution if the position of the lights stay in the same direction.
            The problem is the light comes from 3 skydomes and 3 neon boxes between them.
            (Very bad choice, but I hadn't choice !)
            And my subjects were moving during the exhibition...
            So it's a problem of frequency AND a problem of position !
            And the sync doesn't work...

I finally use the balance picker tool on a neutral zone (shoulders on the white kimonos) on each picture.
            And the result is quite pleasant for my characters, but not completely for the rest of the background.

Thank you for your help, you guided me in the good way with the picker tool !

S

• 3. Re: How to harmonise white balance with a neon tube lighting ?
              ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

This is one of the down sides to mixed lighting. You can fairly easily get the subject to look right while sacrificing other areas.

Through the use of the adjustment brush and/or the gradient tool, you may be able to work with multiple white balance corrections.