8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2015 2:13 PM by A.T. Romano

How can I reinstall Premiere Elements 11?

Tommyvincent

I had Premiere Elements on my computer but now after a hard disk drive failure, I don't. How can I reinstall it now that I have a new hard disk drive? I have the serial number.

• 2. Re: How can I reinstall Premiere Elements 11?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Tommyvincent

Adobe allows the activated purchased serial number to be on no more than 2 of your computers. If you try for a third computer, you will get a message telling you of the situation and requiring you to deactivate one of the other 2 before you can install on the 3rd computer. So, what does that have to do with you with apparently one computer and just changing the hard drive?

If you did not deactivate Premiere Elements from the old hard drive, I am wondering if that is going to create problem if you are caught in this count issue. So, just an alert if you do get the "too many" message. May not apply...just in case.

You say that you have the purchased serial number. Do you have installation files or installation disc for the program? If you do, then you just go about the installation the way you did originally. But, if you do not have installation files, you can download free files and insert your purchased serial number into them during the installation.

You can download them from the link already given or use the following (if any problems with the other choice of links)

Photoshop Elements 11 Direct Download Links: Free Trials, Premiere | ProDesignTools

The important matter with this link is that you need to carry out carefully the web site's "Note: Very Important Instructions" in order to avoid an Access Denied message. Key to success - those instructions will point you to Adobe for authentication, but you do the clicking of links for the downloads at the web site, not Adobe.

If you are using a Windows computer, you will need two files, exe (extractor) and .7z (the program). Make sure you use the files whose file name include 32 if you have a 32 bit computer and 64 if you have a 64 bit computer. Once they are downloaded to your computer, you click on the exe file first to get things moving. Then follow the instructions which should take you on an essentially automatic path to installation and Sign In.

Please let us know the outcome as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: How can I reinstall Premiere Elements 11?
            Tommyvincent Level 1

After I had the new hard drive installed in my computer I had no problem getting back the Office 2013 or Nero programs. They took minutes to reinstall. But reinstalling PrE 11 looks like a major problem.

First, should I uninstall Photoshop 10 and Premiere Elements 10 from my computer? They came bundled with my HP desktop computer when I bought it. They are listed in the control panel but they don't work.

Second, I got all kinds of twists and turns when I followed your instructions - but no PrE 11 on my computer. I did get an invitation to buy the program at the bargain price of $29. I probably should just have clicked on that. But getting back the program is kind of a challenge now. By the way, when I get all those options (run, save, open) which to I choose?

I'm going to try again but not today. I have the feeling, though, that there will be no success with this venture.

• 4. Re: How can I reinstall Premiere Elements 11?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Tommyvincent

Thanks for the reply.

I checked your prior threads to verify your computer operating system. Could not find that information. My recollection is that you are using Windows. So far, my comments have gone to Premiere Elements install on Windows, not Mac, computer. If Windows....

Regarding Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 and Adobe Premiere Elements 10 that came bundled with the computer.....

a. Do you have installation files for each, along with a serial number for each?

b. How do they not work?

If you do not have installation files coupled with serial number for each of these programs, once they are uninstalled from your computer, they are gone.

At this time, I do not believe that the 10 install has anything to do with your present problems with 11. I have 10 and 11 (along with a lot of other versions) on one computer and have no issues in that regard.

If you have Premiere Elements 11 installation files (free from Adobe Other Downloads or free the web site that I mentioned) and your existing purchased serial number, you should not have to buy anything.

You want to see the .exe and the .7z on your hard drive in the save location that you designated. If you are given choices run, save, open, then pick save and designate the save location.

The steps should be

1. Download the installation files (.exe and .7z) to your computer (Desktop works for me for that Save location).

2. Open the .exe; completion of the .exe extraction should trigger the installation.

(Also make sure you are picking the version of these files that corresponds to your computer operating system, either 32 or 64 bit.)

We will be watching for further developments.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: How can I reinstall Premiere Elements 11?
                Tommyvincent Level 1

I'm going to try to download it later today. But first a few questions: In the Windows 64-bit there are two clickable files - File 1 and File 2. How do I handle this? Will I get just the Trial Version? Will I have to disable my anti-virus program? I'm going to use the Firefox browser for the download. I'm not too optimistic about all this.

• 6. Re: How can I reinstall Premiere Elements 11?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Tommyvincent

You should do just fine....onward.

Before you click on File 1, I would encourage you to disable the antivirus and firewall(s). The exe file is particularly prone to problems with the firewall(s).

The File 1 is the exe (the extractor), click on that first to download it to your computer wherever you have downloads saved to. Should be quick since it is a small file.

The File 2 is the 7z (the program), click on that next after File 1 is downloaded to your computer. This will take longer since it is a larger file than File 1.

Before you click on File 1, I would encourage you to disable the antivirus and firewall(s). The exe file is particularly prone to problems with the firewall(s).

If you are at the web site with the "Note: Very Important Instructions", want Premiere Elements 11 installation files for a Windows 64 bit computer....

Download dialog box for File 1 looks like

File 1.JPG

Download dialog box for File 2 looks like

File2.JPG

These are tryout files into which you insert your purchased serial number in order to make the files your licensed version.

We will watch for your progress, thinking positive thoughts.

Best wishes

ATR

• 7. Re: How can I reinstall Premiere Elements 11?
                    Tommyvincent Level 1

Thanks for all the help. PrE 11 is now installed. I think that the problem was with the browser. With IE there was definitely a problem; with Firefox the download went smoothly.

I made about ten videos without ads for YouTube about facial exercises. I also put some of these on my websites. I made these videos in both English and Spanish. For every one positive comment in English, I got ten or more comments in Spanish about the videos. There were over 100,000 views already. 

• 8. Re: How can I reinstall Premiere Elements 11?
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Tommyvincent

Thanks for the great news of the successful Premiere Elements 11 download and install. Very impressive - 100,000 views already.

And, thank you for exploring the comments.

Best wishes.

ATR