3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2015 10:13 AM by leetou02

Edge Animate Loading Composition on iOS8

leetou02 Level 1

I'm having issue with a composition not loading on iOS8 (Xcode simulator, and iPod) and Safari... It is working on other devices/browsers: Android, IE, Chrome, Firefox. Safari's Web Inspector logs and error saying that saying that it's looking for PROJECT_edgePreload.js. I thought this file was removed in the recent updates in 2014: Although, running the preview .html file inside of the iOS simulator/Safari shows that it loads the animation accordingly...

• 1. Re: Edge Animate Loading Composition on iOS8
          leetou02 Level 1

It seems that looking through the code some more. It sees that distinction between the files (xxx.html file generated by Edge CC vs the one that is loaded via AdobeEdge.loadComposition()) is the where they are positioned inside or outside of a jQuery $(document).ready() call.

This works:

AdobeEdge.loadComposition('PROJECT', 'COMP_NAME', {

// Options...

}, {dom: []}, {dom:[]});

$(document).ready(function() {

// Other code goes here...

});

This does not work:

$(document).ready(function() {

AdobeEdge.loadComposition('PROJECT_NAME', 'COMP_NAME', {

// Options here...

}, {dom:[]}, {dom:[]});

// Other code follows...

});

Any idea as to why this could be? A conflict of $? Or is it something else. I know with 2014 CC release jQuery is no longer a dependency, so I wouldn't think that this would be an issue. Any ideas or assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• 2. Re: Edge Animate Loading Composition on iOS8
            leetou02 Level 1

It seems that with further checking, that there is a conflict of between HTML5 <video> tags and the loading of Edge Compositions inside a page. Inside my files, when I commented out any <video> tags then the compositions worked and loaded in fine with AdobeEdge.loadComposition() calls but when I left any kind of <video> tags in then the compositions did not load what so ever. Any solution for this, or thoughts on why this is happening?

• 3. Re: Edge Animate Loading Composition on iOS8
              leetou02 Level 1

It seems that when the <video> element on iOS is played, then the Edge Compositions will load in, if not, then they don't load in. I know that iOS prevents <video> from autoplaying and is only played via user interaction. But how does this affect the loading of compositions?