4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2015 10:48 PM by A.T. Romano

Can't output from Premiere Elements 13

tombran

Spent all day with Adobe on chat. Elements works just fine until I try to output my project, then I get the ERROR dialog box saying I don't have the necessary permissions. Installed, un-installed from the original disc twice, then un-installed again and re-installed from their site with the same result. I'm at a loss here and I've lost a whole day! At their request we checked my Security and Privacy settings, no problem there. I don't know what to do!

• 1. Re: Can't output from Premiere Elements 13
          A.T. Romano Level 7

tombran

First the drill questions:

1. Please define what the exports are that are sending you into errors about permissions? Publish+Share/ then what? What do you click to trigger the error...

Publish+Share/

Computer after Publish+Share

Disc after Publish+Share

Other

2. Does the problem exist with or without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

3. Is your video card/graphics card driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card or the manufacturer of the computer?

4. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on the computer along with Premiere Elements? And, are you running the programs as administrator?

5. Please go to Edit Menu/Preferences/General and look at the issue with and without the Intel HD Graphics 2000 and Higher related preference disabled.

6. Please go to Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disk. Where are the Scratch Disks located and how much free space is at wherever they are. Please configure them so that they all are pointed to Same As Project and Save the Project to the Default Libraries/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/13.0...See File Menu/Save As.

Please review and consider. Have you been through those questions in your troubleshooting with Adobe? How was the matter left with Adobe? Are you to get back to it or it to you?

Depending on how things go, we may resort to creating a new user account with administrative privileges and installing and trying to run Premiere Elements there. As bad as it may sound, because of all those uninstall/reinstalls, we might

Uninstall

Do a free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts)   CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

After 13 is installed, download and install the 13.1 Update using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates.

We will be watching for your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Can't output from Premiere Elements 13
            tombran Level 1

1. Please define what the exports are that are sending you into errors about permissions? Publish+Share/ then what? What do you click to trigger the error...

Publish+Share/ This one. When clicking Publish and share I get the no permissions dialog box

Computer after Publish+Share

Disc after Publish+Share

Other

2. Does the problem exist with or without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled. Don't have any thing installed on MacBook PRO

3. Is your video card/graphics card driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card or the manufacturer of the computer?

Should be. I'm on 10.9.5

4. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on the computer along with Premiere Elements? And, are you running the programs as administrator?

Yes to both. Understand that the program works just fine in building the project. It's only when I try to export that it crashes

5. Please go to Edit Menu/Preferences/General and look at the issue with and without the Intel HD Graphics 2000 and Higher related preference disabled.

will do

6. Please go to Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disk. Where are the Scratch Disks located and how much free space is at wherever they are. Please configure them so that they all are pointed to Same As Project and Save the Project to the Default Libraries/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/13.0...See File Menu/Save As.

will do

Please review and consider. Have you been through those questions in your troubleshooting with Adobe? How was the matter left with Adobe? Are you to get back to it or it to you?

Adobe has been a nightmare. Was on Chat for over 2 hours yesterday. Un-installed and re-installed 3 times, last one from their site download. Same problem. Looked at permissions. All good

Every post on the chat line takes approx 10 minutes for a response. They keep asking me irrelevant questions, and have disconnected me from the chat 3 times again today. Was on hold on the phone for 28 minutes only to be told to go on chat again. Asked for supervisor, after 10 minute wait was told same story. I asked for the address to send my letter of complaint, told the supervisor I was going to call every editor and my union and go public with my extreme dissatisfaction, then after another 10 minutes on hold while he "got me the address" I was told as an exception they would have a senior tech call me and took my number. Still waiting for the call. I did get a case numbrer though.

Depending on how things go, we may resort to creating a new user account with administrative privileges and installing and trying to run Premiere Elements there. As bad as it may sound, because of all those uninstall/reinstalls, we might

Uninstall

Do a free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts)   CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

After 13 is installed, download and install the 13.1 Update using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates.

We will be watching for your follow up. I will wait for the call from tech and try your suggestions in 5&6 THANK YOU

Thanks.

• 3. Re: Can't output from Premiere Elements 13
              tombran Level 1

Hello, again Thanks for your response.

5. Please go to Edit Menu/Preferences/General and look at the issue with and without the Intel HD Graphics 2000 and Higher related preference disabled

Assume you mean main menu Elements Editor > preferences > General

There's no " Intel HD Graphics 2000 and Higher related preference" there

Under the scratch disc pref. the media cache is "custom" users>support/Adobe/Common/ then 13.0 is avail. but not selected, so I will select that I guess??

or should I choose "same as project"? again

• 4. Re: Can't output from Premiere Elements 13
                A.T. Romano Level 7

tombran

Thanks for the follow ups.

I have gotten feedback from several Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Mac users, that the Intel HD Graphics 2000 and Higher preference is not in Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Mac. Thanks for the confirmation on that. That would have been a great troubleshooting tool if it had applied.

With the Scratch Disks, please try to the settings Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks with all categories point to Same As Project. And, then make sure that the project is set to the default location. In Windows, it is Libraries/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/13.0.

When you installed Premiere Elements 13 on your Mac computer, is there a default location that you use? If so, did you use that default location or customization to another Mac computer location?

In the morning morning I will do some hunting around for permission issues related to Premiere Elements Mac.

Right now Adobe is the best resource for this type of problem. And, I understand the situation between you and it. I will do everything possible to try to find an answer for you even though I am strictly an Elements Windows user.

More later....calling it a day.

ATR