5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2015 2:18 PM by Yammer

updating adobe camera raw

jamesb1916572

My Adobe Camera Raw Plug in won't update to a newer version I keep getting error messages.  Is the update server down?

• 1. Re: updating adobe camera raw
          jamesb1916572 Level 1

I figured it out myself no thanks to this stupid useless forum.  Adobe You definitely SUCK at customer service.

When you try to update Adobe software in Windows 7 using the Adobe Application Manager you receive the following error:

"The update server is not responding, which means it might be offline at the moment, or the Internet or firewall settings may be incorrect. Please try again later.".

Solution

1) Open Network and Sharing Center

2) Click Change adapter settings

3) Right-click the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter, and click Disable.

4) Run the Adobe Application Manager again - hopefully this time it will be successful.

After trying the above if you still receive the same error, you can download the latest updates for Adobe software from the Adobe Product Updates Pagehttp://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/.

• 3. Re: updating adobe camera raw
            Yammer Level 4

jamesb1916572 wrote:

I figured it out myself no thanks to this stupid useless forum.  Adobe You definitely SUCK at customer service.

It's a user self-support forum, with occasional visits from Adobe staff on a coffee break. Thanks for calling us stupid and useless.

• 4. Re: updating adobe camera raw
              jamesb1916572 Level 1

OMG!  I almost fainted.  Someone actually replied to something I posted on here.  Miracles do happen.  As for calling you useless and stupid I apologized but have ever tried to contact someone at adobe when you weren't trying buy something.  You have to admit trying to get help when you need it is beyond hard.  It shouldn't be so hard to update a program, and from my research Im not the only one.  Yammer if you work for Adobe why did you reply as a member?  Curious!

• 5. Re: updating adobe camera raw
                Yammer Level 4

I've been using this (Camera Raw) forum for about 7-8 years, and people (end users, like you) are generally pretty good at responding to requests for help, usually within a few hours, which is not bad for free.

These forums are not an official Adobe support channel. They're for users to help each other. I don't work for Adobe. I don't know how you got that idea. I don't even have one of those fancy red badges by my username.

I can't see any more posts in these forums from you. Do you have more than one username? Otherwise, I can't see how you can generalise about forum support from only one or two posts,