3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2015 9:05 PM by A.T. Romano

export function is greyed out

jasonw20649049

Help!  I recently purchased a Premiere Elements and when I go to export, its greyed out.  Why is this?  I can render videos  via the publish and share menu, however. 

• 1. Re: export function is greyed out
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jasonw

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running? If 13, please update that to 13.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates.

But, to the question that you posted. The File Menu/Export/Movie is last seen in Premiere Elements 7. It does not exist after that. Now all you have is File Menu/Export/Title which is a feature for saving project titles as .prtl files for use in other of your projects.

To get the File Menu/Export/Title to work for you

a. highlight/select the thumbnail for the title in project media (if your have 13/13.1, that is Expert workspace Project Assets). Then, when you go to File Menu/Export, Title will be activated for use in saving the title.

Please let us know if you are OK with the details. Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: export function is greyed out
            jasonw20649049 Level 1

Thanks for your prompt reply.   Im using 13.0 on a PC Dell, Windows 7.  Ill be updating to 13.1

I was familiar with and older version of Premiere Elements and used to rendering out files.  I'll try your suggestions and let you know how I get along.

• 3. Re: export function is greyed out
              A.T. Romano Level 7

jasonw

Thanks for the reply.

If you have any problems saving titles using File Menu/Export/Title as described, please let us know, and we can go over the details.

If you are not used to the Publish+Share/ of Premiere Elements 13/13.1, please let us know. We can go over the most appropriate export settings that are consistent with your source media, project settings, and overall goals.

Best wishes

ATR