• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to disable protected mode in Adobe DC using cust wizard?

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2015 Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi does anyone know how I can disable protected mode at startup in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC either using the customization wizard or using the registry? I have found articles for version XI and version 10 but not sure if these will work with DC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

CW

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 11, 2015 Jun 11, 2015

I don't know how to do it with the Customization Wizard, but I can tell you how to do it via the registry.  It depends on the installation version number; download the registry scripts below to see what to change.

See this topic for an explanation of the different version numbers: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1856824

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how to do it with the Customization Wizard, but I can tell you how to do it via the registry.  It depends on the installation version number; download the registry scripts below to see what to change.

See this topic for an explanation of the different version numbers: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1856824

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I am pretty sure (by looking at my registry) its the DC version. Bit of a bummer this lives in HKCU and can't be put into HKLM. I guess that means modifying ntuser.dat for the default user to make it apply to all users unless you know of somewhere in HKLM it can live? The same path maybe?

Thanks again

CW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would have to test if it has the same effect when put into HKLM (same path).  I would definitely be interested to know if Protected Mode can be disabled via HKLM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. you can make sure about the installed Reader version by checking Programs & Features in the CP.  Also the install path is different (DC vs. 2015).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It doesn't seem to work with HKLM. I will need to modify the default user hive of the registry on our default image to include this. What a pain in the backside.

I think I will also deploy from group policy preferences to be certain as well.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that HKLM does not work; that would have been most convenient (and logical, come to think of it!).

One thing you could do is to file a feature request at https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will move your post to the Deployment forum; hopefully someone there can give you some advice achieving your goal using the customization wizard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both protected mode and view can be set in HKLM: Trust Manager

hth,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2015 Oct 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can always make HKCU reg settings changes with a Group Policy Preference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to check out this solution but both of the links are broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines