Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

acrobat 9 pro serial number

Jun 11, 2015 Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When attempting to open Acrobat 9 Pro now, I get a message asking me for my serial number. Either that or to open another registered product from CS5. I do that, and nothing happens. I get the same message. I've gone through the serial number locator and put in my serial number, and i get a message that the serial number is incorrect. All of my other programs are working just fine, I simply need Acrobat Pro to work. Can anyone help or point me to a resolution for this?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 13, 2015 Jun 13, 2015

this confirms that you should have (and will need) a separate acrobat pro 9 serial number, CS5 Design Premium release notes

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you install acrobat 9 using a suite's (eg, master suite), not the stand-alone acrobat 9,  installation files?

do you have a serial number for a suite (eg, master suite)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌kglad... Yes, I installed it as a part of CS5 (it has a separate CD).

I got the serial number from the suite installation, but it says that it's wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i didn't understand where you got that serial number, but here are the places to check - Find your serial number

and if you purchased from or registered with adobe, Adobe ID

or you have some parts of the suite installed and working on a win os, and only acrobat is complaining, Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit, for software, hardware and security configuration informati...

otherwise, Error "The serial number is not valid for this product" | Creative Suite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌ ok. I've done some of these already. I'll try the remaining one. Thanks for the assistance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried all of the above and nothing is working. Let me make sure I've given you all the info:

1. I have Adobe CS5 installed (with all original box/disc).

2. It came with three discs (install, Acrobat 9 Pro and a content disc)

3. I only have a product code that came with the box set.

4. I looked online and got my serial number, but it doesn't apply to Acrobat (there's a big red x when I enter it)

5. I've tried all of the option you listed above, with no results

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what cs5 suite do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌ design premium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

start your cs5 design premium installation.  choose a custom installation and install acrobat pro 9 from your design premium disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to do a custom install. I don't have that option. (I could only customize these particular program installs)

Here's what my install screen looks like right now:

CS5 Install Screen.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2015 Jun 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

acrobat pro 9 is supposed to be part of that suite but if the installation files are on a separate disk like you describe it has a different serial number from the cs5 suite.

check your account for its serial number if you can't find documents with it, Adobe ID

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that... no dice. Just the serial for the entire suite. I don't have a serial printed on the back of my CD jacket like they say, and the identity website says it doesn't have my product code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this confirms that you should have (and will need) a separate acrobat pro 9 serial number, CS5 Design Premium release notes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK... so I guess my last question is, would someone at Adobe be able to give me that serial number? (Since I've had it before, I really don't want to have to purchase one).

As an aside, I have to say that you have been SO MUCH more helpful/informative than the phone service (who just said we don't support this and disconnected me) and the online chat folks (who don't have nearly the info you have). I really appreciate your time helping me with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chat is your best bet, but you have to be lucky.  adobe doesn't support cs5 so they don't have to help even if they can.

contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright... thanks a million for your assistance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

and i wouldn't give up if one person refuses to try to help.  try another chat.  it just takes one sympathetic person to make the extra effort and you may get lucky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I have the same problem. Could you share how to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2016 Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made an effort to figure this out.

If you have the student/teacher edition of Adobe Creative Suite, I believe any edition, you had to verify you were at student at this exact web address: http://www.identit-e.com/adobe

If you have your product ID (which is clearly written on the packaging or in your email...NOT your serial number) - and you're either still a student or smart enough to figure out what email address you used when you purchased/verified (your school email address) - you can try to verify again and it will say it's already been confirmed. Then you can click to see confirmation details and VOILA, BOTH serial numbers are listed. I have not received my serial number for Acrobat Pro 9 anywhere else, so I guess this is the only place you will find it if you have the student/teacher edition

Happy hunting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines