4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2015 1:29 AM by francescac65596688

ho una vecchia telecamera che produce file VOB. Premiere elements accetta i file ma li deforma, per cui un 16/9 diventa quasi un 3/4. Si può fare qualcosa

francescac65596688

Ho una vecchia telecamera che produce solo file VOB.

Premiere Elements li accetta, ma li deforma. Dei file da 16/9 diventano quasi dei file 3/4.

E' possibile fare qualcosa?

In effetti ho notato che i file VOB non sono previsti nell'elenco dei file accettati dal programma. E' possibile modificare questo elenco?

Grazie

Gianni

• 1. Re: ho una vecchia telecamera che produce file VOB. Premiere elements accetta i file ma li deforma, per cui un 16/9 diventa quasi un 3/4. Si può fare qualcosa
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Gianni

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system?

Are the DVD video files (VTS_01_1.VOB) standard 4:3 or 16:9?

Where are these VOB files now

a. On a DVD disc in the DVD-VIDEO structure?

or

b. On the computer hard drive as DVD video files (VTS_01_1.VOB)?

How did you get them into your Premiere Elements project?

Generalizing...you should be able to place these DVD video files on the project Timeline without distortion if you use the correct project preset (set by the project automatically or by you if the project does not do it correctly).

Looking forward to more details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: ho una vecchia telecamera che produce file VOB. Premiere elements accetta i file ma li deforma, per cui un 16/9 diventa quasi un 3/4. Si può fare qualcosa
            francescac65596688 Level 1

La risposta di A T Romano è molto corretta e ringrazio.Il sistema operativo è Windows 8.1, la versione di Premiere elements è 13.0I file VOB sono nel'Hard Disk del computer.

Cordiali saluti

Gianni

-

Messaggio originale----

Da: forums_noreply@adobe.com

Data: 11-giu-2015 18.34

A: "francesca calabi"<lev.101@alice.it>

Ogg:  ho una vecchia telecamera che produce file VOB. Premiere elements accetta i file ma li deforma, per cui un 16/9 diventa quasi un 3/4. Si può fare qualcosa

ho una vecchia telecamera che produce file VOB. Premiere elements accetta i file ma li deforma, per cui un 16/9 diventa quasi un 3/4. Si può fare qualcosa

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

Gianni

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system?

Are the DVD video files (VTS_01_1.VOB) standard 4:3 or 16:9?

Where are these VOB files now

a. On a DVD disc in the DVD-VIDEO structure?

or

b. On the computer hard drive as DVD video files (VTS_01_1.VOB)?

How did you get them into your Premiere Elements project?

Generalizing...you should be able to place these DVD video files on the project Timeline without distortion if you use the correct project preset (set by the project automatically or by you if the project does not do it correctly).

Looking forward to more details.

Thank you.

ATR

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7631250#7631250 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7631250#7631250

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, &amp; "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 3. Re: ho una vecchia telecamera che produce file VOB. Premiere elements accetta i file ma li deforma, per cui un 16/9 diventa quasi un 3/4. Si può fare qualcosa
              A.T. Romano Level 7

francescac

Thank you for the reply.

Your VOB file should be a DVD video file, probably with the file name VTS_01_1.VOB.

If you are just importing your VOB from the hard drive (Add Media/Files and Folder/Project Assets) and dragging the VOB to the Timeline Video Track 1, you are depending on the project to set the project presets automatically.

Your VOB could be 4:3 or 16:9. So, you need to know which. But, either way, the frame size is 720 x 576 (PAL). If the project does not interpret your VOB correctly, then it will give you the default setting 1080i (1920 x 1080).

Need to know:

1. Is VOB = 4.3 or 16:9? What is the frame size 720 x 576 or other?

2. What is the project preset that is being set - PAL DV Widescreen, PAL AVCHD Full HD1080i25 or other? Please see Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and the readings for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, Pixel Aspect Ratio (even if they look greyed out.).

If the project automatically is giving you the wrong settings, then you can set the correct project settings before you import your VOB into the project.

The steps are

• Open the project to the Expert workspace, and go to File Menu/New Project and Change Settings.
              • In Change Settings, set the project preset to match the properties of the source media. OK out of there.
              • In the New Project dialog that opens, rename the project and make sure to have a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting on This Project". OK out of there.
              • Back in the Expert workspace, import your source media using Add Media/ choice.

Please consider the above, supply more details, and then we can decide how to get the above considerations to work for you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: ho una vecchia telecamera che produce file VOB. Premiere elements accetta i file ma li deforma, per cui un 16/9 diventa quasi un 3/4. Si può fare qualcosa
                francescac65596688 Level 1

Grazie, la sua risposta mi è stata molto utile

Gianni

-

Messaggio originale----

Da: forums_noreply@adobe.com

Data: 12-giu-2015 20.16

A: "francesca calabi"<lev.101@alice.it>

Ogg:  ho una vecchia telecamera che produce file VOB. Premiere elements accetta i file ma li deforma, per cui un 16/9 diventa quasi un 3/4. Si può fare qualcosa

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

francescac

Thank you for the reply.

Your VOB file should be a DVD video file, probably with the file name VTS_01_1.VOB.

If you are just importing your VOB from the hard drive (Add Media/Files and Folder/Project Assets) and dragging the VOB to the Timeline Video Track 1, you are depending on the project to set the project presets automatically.

Your VOB could be 4:3 or 16:9. So, you need to know which. But, either way, the frame size is 720 x 576 (PAL). If the project does not interpret your VOB correctly, then it will give you the default setting 1080i (1920 x 1080).

Need to know:

1. Is VOB = 4.3 or 16:9? What is the frame size 720 x 576 or other?

2. What is the project preset that is being set - PAL DV Widescreen, PAL AVCHD Full HD1080i25 or other? Please see Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and the readings for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, Pixel Aspect Ratio (even if they look greyed out.).

If the project automatically is giving you the wrong settings, then you can set the correct project settings before you import your VOB into the project.

The steps areOpen the project to the Expert workspace, and go to File Menu/New Project and Change Settings.In Change Settings, set the project preset to match the properties of the source media. OK out of there.In the New Project dialog that opens, rename the project and make sure to have a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting on This Project". OK out of there.Back in the Expert workspace, import your source media using Add Media/ choice.

Please consider the above, supply more details, and then we can decide how to get the above considerations to work for you.

Thank you.

ATR

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7635262#7635262 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7635262#7635262

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, &amp; "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.