5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2015 10:49 PM by hagen.f

Wie kann ich ein PRE10 Projekt in PRE13 bearbeiten?

hagen.f

Ich kann es laden und speichern, beim Öffnen der gespeicherten Datei kommt eine Fehlermeldung (nicht kompatibel mitdieser Version).

• 1. Re: Wie kann ich ein PRE10 Projekt in PRE13 bearbeiten?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

hagen.f

Please give more details.

Are both Premiere Elements 10 and 13 on the same computer? What is that computer operating system?

Keep in mind that you cannot open Premiere Elements Windows projects in Premiere Elements Mac and also you cannot open Premiere Elements Mac projects in Premiere Elements Windows.

Assuming a Windows computer (Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit) for now....

Please confirm that you have created, saved, closed a project in Premiere Elements 10 and want to open it in Premiere Elements 13. Is that when you are getting the "not compatible with this version" message?

If you create a project in 10, save close it, open and edit it in 13, you cannot go back and open edit the 13 edit project in 10 again. In view of that situation, it is best to work from a copy of the Premiere Elements 10 project so, if problems, you will still have the original 10 project to which to fall back.

Please review the above, and let us know if any of it applies to your situation. If not, please give more details.

Any questions, please let us know.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Wie kann ich ein PRE10 Projekt in PRE13 bearbeiten?
            hagen.f Level 1

Thank you for your quick answer.

Yes, I am using Windows 8.1 64 bit, and I have deleted PRE10 and installed 13.1. The reason were occasional crashes of PRE10.

As you wrote, I am getting the "not compatible with this version" message when re-opening the project saved from PRE13.

I hoped you could tell me about the compatibility of the versions and a migration path. If nothing helps I will reinstall PRE10. Is this possible on the same computer together with PRE13?

Regards

Hagen

• 3. Re: Wie kann ich ein PRE10 Projekt in PRE13 bearbeiten?
              hagen.f Level 1

The problem is solved:

It was a missing Menu Theme. I had to select it again and it was automatically downloaded. Now everything looks fine.

Couldn't the program have told me so instead of saying that the project was not compatible with this version ???

• 4. Re: Wie kann ich ein PRE10 Projekt in PRE13 bearbeiten?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

hagen.f

The path to your resolution seems to have been blocked by either

a. problem in the translations in the post

b. non specificity of the error message that you received

c. other, possibility related to need for fuller description of the 10 project file that you wanted to open in 13.

A problem of missing menus has been written about before, and we might have gotten to it quicker depending on which of the above factors was involved. I do not recall a menu problem characterized by the message "...not compatible with this version..."

Please review the following which relates to the matter even though the project archiver is involved in the details....the project menu needs to trace back to the completed content downloaded theme files on the computer hard drive.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Archiving Projects With Disc Menus

To answer an earlier question, there should be no problem with Premiere Elements 10 and Premiere Elements 13/13.1 installed/activated on the same computer. Just run one at a time.

Thanks for letting us know the outcome. You did a great job sorting through the details to gain your success.

Best wishes

ATR

• 5. Re: Wie kann ich ein PRE10 Projekt in PRE13 bearbeiten?
                  hagen.f Level 1

Hi,

of cause I made some mistakes:

• I did not download the themes collection in PRE13
                  • I did not look at the menu before saving the PRE10 project in the PRE13

But the error message when trying to re-open the saved project ("not compatible ..") wasn't really helpful.

Thank you for your help.

Hagen