2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2015 4:56 PM by A.T. Romano

How can I repair Premiere Elements 13?

mlmorris

I've been using Premiere Elements 13 to make a slide show and had it nearly completed when it suddenly stopped working; the program wont even open now. I think an important part has been corrupted or deleted somehow.

I'm using Windows 7.  What can I do?

• 1. Re: How can I repair Premiere Elements 13?
          Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Either reset the preferences:

Preference file locations | Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements

or

Use the Adobe Cleaner Tool and reinstall:

Use the CC Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems | CC, CS3-CS6

note to mod:

Please move to the Premiere Elements forum

• 2. Re: How can I repair Premiere Elements 13?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

mlmorris

Premiere Elements 13 on what computer operating system?

More information is needed before executing and particular troubleshooting schemes.

1. How long have you worked with Premiere Elements 13? Was your slideshow your first project using the program? Where did you produce the slideshow - ---Premiere Elements Editor or Elements Organizer Slideshow Builder? Did you update the 13 to 13.1 Update before the program(s) would no longer open. (Please confirm what will not open - Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Editor, Elements Organizer 13/13.1, or just one of the saved/closed Premiere Elements projects or the Elements Organizer slideshow that you built and saved in the Elements Organizer.)

2. Does the problem exist with and without antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

3. Do you have QuickTime (latest version) installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements? Are you running the programs as administrator?

4. What is a description of your computer resources?

5. Did you install the program to the default location during program installation? Where are the Scratch Disks pointed and how much free space is at that location? See Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks.

Once the above information is known and, if needed, I will post specific detailed steps to deletion of preferences and, if necessary, how to uninstall, do a free ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaning parts), reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled. My preferred highly effective troubleshooting cleaner in this case is not the Adobe CC cleaner where CC refers to Creative Cloud).

Let us start here and then decide what next based on the details of your reply. Then we can customize a reply to get at the core of the issue.

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR