2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2015 8:47 AM by Szalam

after effects cc2014 will not import all h264 clips inside premiere pro cc2014 project

jumanzifilms

I'm working on a music video where I have drone h264 footage interspersed between Canon 60D h264 footage; I edited it in Premiere Pro 2014. When I attempt either to dynamically link the project into after effects or open after effects and import the premiere pro project, it brings in every clip except the drone clips. More specifically, it shows the drone clips are brought in as layers just as the rest of the clips are but the actual drone clips are all missing from the after effects timeline. I have attempted trying to dynamically link the premiere project and import it into AE on different computers and they are all unable to see the drone footage. I have not transcoded any of the footage; I have worked with footage from this drone before in After Effects using the same import process as above and it worked fine then. I fail to see why it recognizes that the clips are layers in the AE timeline at all but then does not show the actual clips in the timeline. Moreover, I can play the raw drone footage inside after effects as assets in the project panel and the playback is normal. What gives?