1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 11, 2015 9:02 PM by A.T. Romano

Trouble with setting in and out points

djk55

Hello,

I have adobe premiere elements 13.  The tutorial mentions an ability to set in and out points, but doesn't say how.  The keyboard shortcut menu indicates the I and O keys should do this for me, but nothing happens when I press either one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Trouble with setting in and out points
          A.T. Romano Level 7

djk55

Premiere Elements 13 on what computer operating system? Have you updated 13 to 13.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates? If not, please do that.

For your immediate question...

See Expert workspace, import your source (Add Media...) to get your source into Project Assets. Double click the file's thumbnail in Project Assets to open the file's Preview Window which has the Set In and Set Out point. You can play your video there and press Set In tab to set In point and play further to use Set Out to set the Out Point. Instead of using those tabs, you can hit I or O during the Preview Windows playback to set the In and Out points respectively as the playback is in progress in the Preview Window.

Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Trimming clips

The following applies to 13/13.1 as well as 11

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: Project Assets Organization for Scene and Highlight Grabs from Collection o…

More details later.

Please review and consider, and then supply more details if the above does not target what you seek. Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR