3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2015 7:31 AM by A.T. Romano

I am unable to install the Premire 13 Free Trial. Windows said that it us unable to open the file.

thomasg45903629

I am unable to install the Premire 13 Free Trial. Windows said that it us unable to open the file.

• 1. Re: I am unable to install the Premire 13 Free Trial. Windows said that it us unable to open the file.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

thomasg

What computer operating system is involved?

Premiere Elements 13/13.1 does not support Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Mac OSX 10.7. Any chance your computer operating system is one of them?

If that is not the problem....what is the exact message that you are getting when Windows says that it is unable to open the file.

If you have Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, did you download two file - exe (for extraction) and 7z (for program), and did their file names include 32 or 64 to be consistent with the computer operating system that you have?

Assuming that you got those files downloaded to your computer, did you open the .exe first? If you did, everything more or less is automatically sequenced once the exe has done its job.

Please review and consider. Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: I am unable to install the Premire 13 Free Trial. Windows said that it us unable to open the file.
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

BTW, did you extract the Zip file before you tried to install it? And once you unzipped the file, did you double-click the install.exe file?

• 3. Re: I am unable to install the Premire 13 Free Trial. Windows said that it us unable to open the file.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

thomasg

To clarify this zip unzip business.

I wrote

If you have Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, did you download two file - exe (for extraction) and 7z (for program), and did their file names include 32 or 64 to be consistent with the computer operating system that you have?

and

Assuming that you got those files downloaded to your computer, did you open the .exe first? If you did, everything more or less is automatically sequenced once the exe has done its job

The principle that I have used and see involves first opening the .exe (Akamai or Adobe Application Manager) with a double click. That file does the extraction, followed by the automatic opening of the 7z (program installation).

What is called the .exe file seems to be in question....

1. If I get installation files from online Adobe Other Downloads - for Premiere Elements 13

Other downloads

I get only one file named Premiere Elements_13_Trial_LS26_win64.exe (this specific exe file is not a zipped file or folder) 1.7 GB. Apparently the whole, not separate .exe file(Akamai or Adobe Application Manger) and separate 7z file for the program. When I double click this "exe" from Other downloads, I get the following message...which you cannot escape

13Extraction.JPG

After that is completed, the process continues to the Adobe installer (which I do not see represented by a file name including exe or other).

2. If I get installation files from online

Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 Direct Download Links, Premiere too | ProDesignTools

Then for my Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 7 64 bit, I get 2 files (File 1, exe (for extraction); File 2, 7z (for program)

This pointed to what I had written in my introductory reply.

And, when you get both files downloaded to your computer, you double click the exe (extractor) first. And, its completion triggers the program

installation process.

3. The Adobe download for the tryout...No escaping downloading the ....Amamai DLM.exe downloaded first and then the 7z.

Adobe.JPG

And, more details similar to what I have written before.

Bottom line: More details are needed as indicated in the initial introductory post so that we can customize the above information into what you really need to get your program installed and running.

I hope this clarifies the "exe" file situation.

ATR