• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can a pdf have a hyperlink of chm topic?

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a release notes that must be delivered in a pdf format. But, the entire help guide for the product is given as a chm file. So, there arises a problem where you want to have a link of a chm file topic in the pdf. It is possible to have the links in .doc or docx formats, but I want to know if this can be achieved in pdf.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried converting the Word doc to PDF?

From what I can gather it should be possible to link to a file in PDF (one that is not attached). See for example: Adobe Acrobat X Pro * Create and link a destination What application are you using to create the PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Acrobat add-on in word to convert the file to pdf. But, the problem is that the chm file is delivered along with the build folder and the user may download the build in whichever location he needs. So, the local hyperlinks which we give in the pdf will be lost. Is there a way to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

This article will likely be helpful to you/

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp