4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2015 7:44 PM by natalieo85255841

Adobe and Nikon D7200

natalieo85255841 Level 1

When I bought the Nikon D7200, I had no idea that my Adobe CS5 would no longer recognize RAW files. My question is, if I buy the CC for photography at about $10.00 a month, will my RAW files be recognized? Does that subscription cover all that can be done in CS5?

• 1. Re: Adobe and Nikon D7200
          John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

My question is, if I buy the CC for photography at about $10.00 a month, will my RAW files be recognized?

Yes.

Camera Raw plug-in | Supported cameras

The D7200 was first supported by Camera Raw 9.0 which is compatible with the current Cloud version.

Does that subscription cover all that can be done in CS5?

Not sure what you mean. CC 2014 (current Cloud version) is 3+ years newer than CS5 so it includes new and enhanced features not found in CS5.

However, you will lose some features such as Mini Bridge and the Oil Paint filter (if that's important to you)

Photoshop: Spring Cleaning | PHOTOSHOP.COM BLOG

• 2. Re: Adobe and Nikon D7200
            natalieo85255841 Level 1

Well, I use Bridge to sort my work, and I did use mini Bridge, was easy to

add photo to what I was working on....I didn't even know there was an Oil

Paint filter.... Will Bridge still be there? or will Lightroom take its

place? Not familiar with lightroom. Guess I will have to download the trial

version to find out...but may have to get a new computer to do so, mine is

getting loaded and don't think I have enough room left.

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 8:36 AM, John Waller <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 3. Re: Adobe and Nikon D7200
              Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

natalieo85255841 wrote:

Well, I use Bridge to sort my work, and I did use mini Bridge, was easy to

add photo to what I was working on....I didn't even know there was an Oil

Paint filter.... Will Bridge still be there? or will Lightroom take its

place? Not familiar with lightroom. Guess I will have to download the trial

version to find out...but may have to get a new computer to do so, mine is

getting loaded and don't think I have enough room left.

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 8:36 AM, John Waller <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Bridge CC is still very much there and active. (Bridge user myself.) It's a separate download now (but still free and part of Photoshop). Use the CC Desktop App to get it.

Lightroom is kind of a version of Camera Raw with a fancier UI shell and cataloging. I don't think Adobe ever intends to do away with Bridge since it's much more than just a picture browser; it can organize other media like audio as well.

Adding to what John said, when you buy into the subscription, you're also buying into the "future-proofing" aspect. e.g., Buy a new camera down the road and you won't have to worry about if your version of Camera Raw will support it as you will always have the latest version Adobe releases. (Sometimes one has to wait a bit for just-released models but it's usually not long.)

• 4. Re: Adobe and Nikon D7200
                natalieo85255841 Level 1

Thanks. That's what I need to know!