3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2015 11:20 AM by A.T. Romano

Quicktime missing in System-status picture / audio missing in Elements 13

erics52759773

Hello community,

I working with Elements 13 now and had elements 9 before.

Since installation of Elements 13 I have the issue, that I get no audio in the cutting window when importing AVCH vids.

I tryed a lot of things: changing set-up of the project changing audio-drivers of my pc, Installing and re-installing elements and/or Quicktime - no success so far.

Right now I think I have tracked down the issue to a missing link between elements and Quicktime.

When I open up the organizer and go into the "system-status-window" - It says that Quicktime is not installed (but it is installed with latest update)

Is ther ANYONE out there having the same Problem or having an answer or tip ?

Thanks

Eric

Techn. facts:

PC: Win8 x64; x64 Premiere Elements 13(with latest update), Quicktime (with latest update)

• 1. Re: Quicktime missing in System-status picture / audio missing in Elements 13
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Eric

The Elements Organizer 13 System Info "QuickTime not installed" appears to have no significance to the Premiere Elements workspace, and I see no significance for the message even for the Elements Organizer 13.

Your issue appears to be no sound on your AVCHD imports. What are the full properties of that video? And in particular, is the audio Dolby Digital 2 channel or 5.1 channel? What I am looking for here mainly is 1080p25, 1080p50, 1080p30,  or 1080p60 along with 2 or 5.1 channel audio. And, file extension.

Let us start here and then decide what next based on the details of your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Quicktime missing in System-status picture / audio missing in Elements 13
            erics52759773 Level 1

Hello again,

I'm travalling at the moment so I don't have access to the camera and the computer right now.

But as far as I remember the Input files are AVCHD (.mts)  1080p30 or 1080p25 along with 5.1 channel (compressed) - I can upload a picture when I am back at home.

I thought the settings of the premiere project-file where matching with the input-file properties EXCEPT for the audio which wasn't "compressed".

Is there a known issue for that fact or is it possible to set up a "project-pre-set" which covers that input-setting?

Thanks in advance

Eric

• 3. Re: Quicktime missing in System-status picture / audio missing in Elements 13
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Eric

If you have source video with 1080p25 or 1080p30 5.1 channel footage, there is a likelihood that you are not working with the right project preset as well as there is no right project preset for you for your file which uses 5.1 channel audio.

In other words, you may need a 1080p25 or 1080p30 project preset described for 5.1 channel, and there is just not one offered by Premiere Elements.

And, if you are letting the project set the project preset automatically, it may not be analyzing the properties of the file correctly and consequently giving you a 1080i30 or 1080i25 project preset (no 5.1 channel).

I would encourage you to create your own 1080p25 5.1 channel or 1080p30 5.1 channel project preset and use that for your project. Then determine if the audio issues are gone. The following are the instructions for doing this....

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: Exporting a 1080p25 or 1080p30 file with 5.1 Channel Audio

If I recall, this suggested worked recently for another user in a similar situation as the one your present. Problems with the same symptoms can (often do) have different causes. So no guarantees, but good probability that this might be the solution for you. One way to increase the guarantee % - use the NTSC AVCHD Full HD1080i30 5.1 channel project preset or the PAL AVCHD Full 1080i25 5.1 channel project preset and find out if that fixes your audio issue. If it does, then invest the time creating the progressive counterpart as described in the link provided.

Looking forward to your results.

Thank you. Safe travel.

ATR