8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2015 8:39 AM by thebum1128

elements 13 runs slow and locks up

thebum1128

I get a side by side error message about Activation content generation failed for Adobe Premiere Elements 13 MPEGHDVEEXPORT.exe dependent assembbly plugin.

• 1. Re: elements 13 runs slow and locks up
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What media are you trying to import when you see this message?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it?

Do you have an always-on internet connection and are you logged into the program with your Adobe ID?

• 2. Re: elements 13 runs slow and locks up
            thebum1128 Level 1

My client reports that he is importing photos when the slowness is noticed. I started task manager and then Elements and Elements immediately consumed the 4 processor (97-99%). Computer has I5 3.1GHz processor with 6GB RAM. It should not struggle with just importing photos from a Nikon camera.

Thank you for the quick response.

• 3. Re: elements 13 runs slow and locks up

In my books, I recommend that any photos you add to a video project be no larger than 2000x1500 pixels (at 72 ppi).

If your client resizes all his/her photos to that size, I'm sure he/she will find the lag will disappear -- and his/her video will look much cleaner and sharper, believe it or not! (I know that runs contrary to common wisdom about photo resolution, but it is true.)

Also, don't forget to render the timeline regularly as you work by pressing the Enter key.

• 4. Re: elements 13 runs slow and locks up
                thebum1128 Level 1

The slowness starts as soon as the application is launched. All the user has told me that he can’t edit pictures due to the slowness. Is there a fix that would prevent the program from consuming the full processor before any project is attempted? I have remoted into the computer and launched Elements and watched the performance in Task Manager and Elements is using 97-99% of the processor. That is with nothing but the program launched.

Thanks for the help

• 5. Re: elements 13 runs slow and locks up

What operating system are you using? If Windows, have you manually gone to Windows Update and checked for updates to ensure you have all available updates -- and have you restarted your computer after installing them?

What processor do you have and how much RAM?

Premiere Elements should not run slow without any media in it. And it also should not run slow if the photos have been resized to 2000x1500 pixels in size. There's something going on here that goes beyond the program itself.

• 6. Re: elements 13 runs slow and locks up
                    thebum1128 Level 1

Computer has I5 3.1GHz processor with 6GB RAM running Windows 7 SP1 with all Updates. Has been shutdown frequently when client goes out of town. Here had similar issues with version 10 so he bought version 13. As soon as the program is opened the processor is 97-99% used by it. I have shut down all other programs to verify that Elements is the problem. There is also the error message in the logs “Activation content generation failed for Adobe Premiere Elements 13 MPEGHDVEEXPORT.exe dependent assembly plugin”

• 7. Re: elements 13 runs slow and locks up

Do you know what model of processor your system has? i5 can mean any of a WIDE variety of processors, from single cores to dual cores to quad cores.

If you click on the Start orb on the Windows Task Bar and type in Computer Properties, you'll be able to see detailed information about your computer.

But, meantime, have you manually gone to Windows Update and checked for updates to ensure you have all of the updates? If you're behind in your updates or you have updates that haven't fully installed because you need to reboot your computer, then that can certainly contribute to your system's performance.

There really is no excuse for the program choking your machine before you even add media to it! There is definitely something buggy at work.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program?