4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2015 7:36 PM by A.T. Romano

HOW DO I REMOVE THE BLACK LINES AT TOP AND BOTTOM OF SCREEN?

kenm8790031

HOW DO I SHARE CLIPS WITH NO BLACK LINES AT TOP AND BOTTOM OF SCREEN??

• 1. Re: HOW DO I REMOVE THE BLACK LINES AT TOP AND BOTTOM OF SCREEN?
          Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What is your source media and export settings?

• 2. Re: HOW DO I REMOVE THE BLACK LINES AT TOP AND BOTTOM OF SCREEN?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

kenm

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

Project settings as well as source media  and intended export need to be considered correctly to try to avoid black borders in the export.

The task may be made more complex if your source media properties are atypical with regard to the choices of project presets offered by the program.

So, need to know, includes

1. Properties of Source Media - for video -

Video Compression

Audio Compression

Frame Size

Frame Rate

Interlaced or Progressive

File Extension

Pixel Aspect Ratio

If you do not know, telling us the brand/model/settings of the camera that recorded the video should give us important video properties information. The most immediate properties would be those in bold text above.

2. What did you (manually) or the project (automatically) set as the project preset to match the properties of what you were putting on the Timeline? If you do not know, please tell us what the readings are for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, Pixel Aspect Ratio under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General (even if the fields look grayed out).

3. What is your intended export - file saved to computer hard drive or a burn to disc product?

Please consider. If you have questions or need clarification on any of the above, please do not hesitate to ask. We will go at whatever pace you want to find the answers that you seek.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: HOW DO I REMOVE THE BLACK LINES AT TOP AND BOTTOM OF SCREEN?
              kenm8790031 Level 1

Thanks for the responses;

Camera: Sony HXR NX70U

Source Video Properties:

29.97 frame rate

1920 x1080

MPEG

Pixel Aspect Ratio 1.0

• 4. Re: HOW DO I REMOVE THE BLACK LINES AT TOP AND BOTTOM OF SCREEN?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

kenm

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

Should I assume Premiere Elements 11, 12, or 13 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit?

I looked at the Sony HXR NX70U, please clarify your video description...

MPEG is in question since your camera is recording AVCHD or MPEG2 (comparable to DVD)

Have you set the camera to record at 1080 60i. That would be consistent with the video description that you gave,except for the MPEG part.

Since your issue is presenting with black borders, it is important to make sure we are in sync on the video description....

a. AVCHD would be consistent with the 1920 x 1080 @ 29.97 interlaced frames per second (otherwise known as 60 fields per second, 60i)

b. MPEG would be consistent with MPEGS.mpg 720 x 480 @ 29.97 interlaced frames per second.

Thanks.

ATR