8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2015 6:16 AM by A.T. Romano

Editing PRE13 Menus with Photoshop

Rocool82

Hello everyone,

coming from the PRE9 combo package I recently upgraded to V13, and I'd like to customize my PRE DVD menus in photoshop, but I can'tseem to find where on the computer PRE13 places the menus once downloaded.

Anybody knows?

Thanks !

Romain

• 1. Re: Editing PRE13 Menus with Photoshop
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It depends on your operating system.

On Windows 7 and 8, you'll find them at C:/PROGRAM DATA/ADOBE/PREMIERE ELEMENTS/13.0/ONLINE/DVD TEMPLATES/ALL_LANG/[Category].

But editing and installing Movie Menu templates in versions 11-13 can be a bit tricky. In these more recent versions of the programs, the menu templates are not on your hard drive until you use each for the first time, at which point they are automatically downloaded from Adobe.

Also note that each disc template, once it's been downloaded or installed, must include the Downloaded.txt file in the folder or Premiere Elements will delete it the next time you use the template.

I show you step by step how to edit, create and install Movie Menu templates in "The Muvipix.com Guide to Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements 13," available on Amazon. If you've edited templates in the past, it's not terribly different -- but if you don't follow the steps pretty precisely, you'll lose your work or your template won't work right.

• 2. Re: Editing PRE13 Menus with Photoshop
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Romain

What is your computer operating system? I will assume, for now, that it is Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

I have a different perspective on where to place your customized Movie Menu themes, and it is not in the Online Folder.

I have done a lot of work on Premiere Elements 4 to 13 disc menus, including where to find the Premiere Elements Disc Menu Folders/Files.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: Disc Menu Folders/Files Locations

On Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit - my preference for placement of customized Movie Menu themes is

Local Disk C\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 11 or 12 or 13\DVD Templates\Common\

This path has been highly successful for me in keeping the Movie Menu that came with the program and the user customized ones separate from movie menu themes that require Content Download (Online Folder route).

Please review and consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Editing PRE13 Menus with Photoshop
              Rocool82 Level 1

I did indeed find it via the file location help, thanks ATR !

Steve, thank you for the info about the download trick from the latest versions, you saved me a big headache !

Problem solved quickly and efficiently, as always on these forums !

• 4. Re: Editing PRE13 Menus with Photoshop
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Romain

Thanks for the follow up with the great news "Problem solved." Always great news to hear.

Best wishes wishes with your projects.

ATR

• 5. Re: Editing PRE13 Menus with Photoshop
                  crpixelpusher

I recently installed PRE13 on my win64bit PC.  It was NOT located in Program Files but downloaded to ProgramData see full path below.

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Premiere Elements\13.0\Online\DVD Templates

• 6. Re: Editing PRE13 Menus with Photoshop
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

crpixelpusher

The content classed as content download (needs additional files to be functional) does indeed go the Program Data route to the Online Folder.

However, the content (not requiring content download) that is installed with the program is located via the Program Files route. So, what I have written and referring to in post 2 is correct. It is not a misprint.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: Disc Menu Folders/Files Locations

On Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit - my preference for placement of customized Movie Menu themes is

Local Disk C\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 11 or 12 or 13\DVD Templates\Common\

Do you understand the concept of Premiere Elements content download?

Please see Content Download ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: No Content Disc - Content Downloads from Adobe

Please read the suggested information. Then, if you have questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...If you just installed the program and have not done "content download", then all you have essentially incomplete files/folders for each theme (except the one that came complete with the install. That is the one you will find in the Program Files route. All that is why I am encouraging you to look into the concept of content download as you start to use the program.

• 7. Re: Editing PRE13 Menus with Photoshop
                      crpixelpusher Level 1

Hi ATR, Thanks for clarifying.  Your blog post did not specify PRE13, so it was unclear to me if something had changed.  Upon review I see you note the path I found and commented on.  Thanks for getting me on the right path.

crpixelpusher

• 8. Re: Editing PRE13 Menus with Photoshop
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

crpixelpusher

Thanks for the follow up to let me know that you are now OK with the details.

I will review the blog post for need to update for Premiere Elements version and computer operating system.

I was glad for the opportunity to clarify. Never hesitate to ask questions or to ask for clarification.

Best wishes

ATR