6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2015 10:38 AM by Szalam

CC doesn't work, won't export

davidc43866641

I'm a current CS3 user that was considering upgrading to the Cloud, so I figured I'd try it out.  Needless to say, that was a failed experiment.  After Effects used to have the option of saving the project in any file-format (eg .avi) that you desired.  Now they have added an extra step where you have to go through some external encoder (Media Encoder CC).  The only problem is when you hit "Start Queue" the entire thing crashes.  I've probably tried it 50x by now hoping I'll get lucky, but each and every single time it says Adobe Media Encoder CC has stopped working.. then crashes.  What good is software if you can't even export the file you created in the first place?  The extra step to an external encoder that crashes is definitely a HUGE step back for AE. 

• 1. Re: CC doesn't work, won't export
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You are assuming a lot, but are not offering us anything to put your problems in context. Crashes are always specific, not generic bugs. Without exact system info, render settings, comp settings and so on nobody can tell you anything and this ultimately makes your post nothing but an unproductive rant (no offense). From driver issues to problems with legacy CoDecs this could be anything and your still using CS3 already gives me that uneasy feeling that your system may not at all be the best suitable for current versions of AE...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: CC doesn't work, won't export
            davidc43866641 Level 1

Windows 7 OS is not that old and should be more than suitable for current versions of AE.  This comp is little more than a year old.  There is no need to be an ultracrepidarianist Mylenium.  Either way, Adobe has still taken something good (being able to export your file DIRECTLY from AE and taken a step backwards (through the necessity of using 3rd party software as a "liaison" to export), hence the "rant" portion of my post. 

Also, it's "you're", not "your".  Learn to spell properly (no offense). 

Thanks,

Dr. Coatney

• 3. Re: CC doesn't work, won't export
              Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I render out of AE CC 2014 without using the Adobe Media Encoder with some frequency. What problems are you having that are preventing you from doing so?

• 4. Re: CC doesn't work, won't export
                davidc43866641 Level 1

Thank you Szalam.  The Encoder seems to be working fine until I hit "Start Queue".  The bar will say "Reading XMP" and then a window will pop up to notify me that it has stopped working.  Then it crashes (image attached).  I have also tried to download Premiere Pro in an attempt to export the AE file as a Premiere file, but as soon as I open Premiere it crashes as well.  I'm currently downloading on another computer to see if it works there.  My comp is a Dell Inspiron 64 bit 3847, with Windows 7 OS, and has 1 TB of space.  I purchased it in 2014, and I've never had another software program crash on this comp before.

screenshot.png

• 5. Re: CC doesn't work, won't export

That's odd.

You are running Windows 7 with Service Pack 1, right?

What is your exact version number of AE? What about AME?

You might try this: fixing permissions problem that impedes start of Adobe applications | After Effects region of interest

• 6. Re: CC doesn't work, won't export

Also, I'm still confused why you can't use the render queue in After Effects. I almost always render an intermediate file out of After Effects and then use the Adobe Media Encoder to create my deliverable. I did this even when AE would render an H.264 directly from the render queue because AE's H.264 encoding was pretty bad.