12 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2015 12:45 PM by A.T. Romano

Save Issue

judsonl94854477

When I try and save a project I am working on using the "save" or "save-as" function it doesn't actually save the file anywhere. If I try and close out the program it will ask me if I would like to save, I click "yes" and nothing happens. It doesn't save and the program doesn't close. Help.

• 1. Re: Save Issue
          A.T. Romano Level 7

judsonl

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

Please review the following Adobe document on saving projects and determine if what you are doing fits in the save description in the document.

Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Saving and backing up projects

Please describe your computer resources.Where are the Scratch Disks pointed, and how much free hard drive space is at that location? To where are you saving your project when you decide to customize the save - do you give the project a distinctive name in the Save In location?

Is the AutoSave enabled and are you piling up AutoSave Files according the the AutoSave feature settings? See Edit Menu/Preferences/AutoSave.

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Let us start here and then decide what next and how to based on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Save Issue
            judsonl94854477 Level 1

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running? PE 13 on windows 7 64-bit

Please review the following Adobe document on saving projects and determine if what you are doing fits in the save description in the document.

Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Saving and backing up projects

Please describe your computer resources.Where are the Scratch Disks pointed, and how much free hard drive space is at that location? To where are you saving your project when you decide to customize the save - do you give the project a distinctive name in the Save In location?

No idea what "scratch disks" means, sorry. I have plenty of space as I have not saved a file yet since I can't. I am saving to the Adobe PE folder with a distinctive name.

Is the AutoSave enabled and are you piling up AutoSave Files according the the AutoSave feature settings? See Edit Menu/Preferences/AutoSave.

Auto-save is enabled as I have seen it pop up a few times to notify me that it was saving. It is saving to the auto-save folder.

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Let us start here and then decide what next and how to based on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Save Issue
              A.T. Romano Level 7

judsonl

Thanks for the reply.

Please see Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks and let me know where they are pointed to and the amount of free hard drive space at the save location for each. Sorry, I thought that I had put that path in my prior post when I mentioned Scratch Disks. More on them later, just want to know location and space at save destination.

Did you install the program to the default location on the Local Disk C?

When you do your File Menu/Save As, what are you designating as the Save In location for the project file?

If you open one of the AutoSaves in the Adobe Premiere Elements Auto Save Folder, can you open, save/close, open the project from that AutoSave (right click the AutoSave, select Open With-Adobe Premiere Elements 13?

ATR

• 4. Re: Save Issue
                judsonl94854477 Level 1

Please see Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks and let me know where they are pointed to and the amount of free hard drive space at the save location for each. Sorry, I thought that I had put that path in my prior post when I mentioned Scratch Disks. More on them later, just want to know location and space at save destination.

They are all pointed to "same as project" except for Media Cache which is set to "custom." they all have 1.2 GB space.

Did you install the program to the default location on the Local Disk C?

Yes

When you do your File Menu/Save As, what are you designating as the Save In location for the project file?

The folder is named "13.0" the path is documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/13.0

If you open one of the AutoSaves in the Adobe Premiere Elements Auto Save Folder, can you open, save/close, open the project from that AutoSave (right click the AutoSave, select Open With-Adobe Premiere Elements 13?

I can open my auto-save files and then save/close them normally.

• 5. Re: Save Issue
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

judsonl

Thanks for the reply with additional information about your Premiere Elements save issue.

Is this save project issue confined to one particular project? Can you open a new project, and the problem is gone?

If new or old project does not make a difference, then let us go through the typical drill

1. Does the problem exist with or without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

2. Is your video card/graphics card driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card or the manufacturer of the computer?

3. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements and are you running the programs as administrator (user account with administrative privileges or Run As Administrator applied to program desktop icon)?

Possibilities

1. It is my recollection that AutoSave is enabled by default. Determine if the problem exists with and without the AutoSave feature enabled.

2. Delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file, and, if that does not work, delete the whole 13.0 Folder in which it exists.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 13.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see the complete path given.

3. Uninstall, do free ccleaner (regular and registry cleaner parts), reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

4. Bottom of the list...create a new user account with administrative privileges, install and try to run Premiere Elements from there.

We will be watching for your progress as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: Save Issue
                    judsonl94854477 Level 1

Is this save project issue confined to one particular project? Can you open a new project, and the problem is gone? The problem is not confined to a particular project.

If new or old project does not make a difference, then let us go through the typical drill

1. Does the problem exist with or without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled? The problem persists with the firewalls diabled.

2. Is your video card/graphics card driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card or the manufacturer of the computer? Yes.

3. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements and are you running the programs as administrator (user account with administrative privileges or Run As Administrator applied to program desktop icon)? Yes. And I am running as the Administrator.

I'll try some of the other suggestions today and post results.

• 7. Re: Save Issue
                      judsonl94854477 Level 1

I tried saving with the Auto-save disabled and still had the issue.

Still need to try deleting the Pref file.

• 8. Re: Save Issue
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

judsonl

Thanks for the replies with updates of your situation.

Please remind me, did you do uninstall, free ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaner parts), and reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled? Did you update 13 to 13.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates?

We will be watching for further developments.

Thanks

ATR

• 9. Re: Save Issue
                          judsonl94854477 Level 1

Today I did the update from an opened project's help menu. All it did was update a plugin, but now I have no issues with saving my files. Weird.

• 10. Re: Save Issue
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

judsonl

Thanks for the wonderful update.

I thought you did that 13 to 13.1 Update when I first mentioned it way back when in your thread.

The 13.1 is essential some minor new features or perks to the old  There are some subtle behind the scenes fixes no doubt.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 13: Adobe Releases Premiere Elements 13.1 Update

What plug-in do you thing that it updated? Was the update for Camera Raw by any chance?

Did you ever get to the deletion of the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file or the 13.0 Folder in which it exists? Did you ever get to the uninstall/free ccleaner/reinstall?

Whatever it was, great, great news. Great job. We are very pleased that you can now move forward with your Premiere Elements projects.

Best wishes

ATR

• 11. Re: Save Issue
                              judsonl94854477 Level 1

I thought you did that 13 to 13.1 Update when I first mentioned it way back when in your thread.

The 13.1 is essential some minor new features or perks to the old  There are some subtle behind the scenes fixes no doubt.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 13: Adobe Releases Premiere Elements 13.1 Update

What plug-in do you thing that it updated? Was the update for Camera Raw by any chance? Yes it was the Camera Raw update.

Did you ever get to the deletion of the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file or the 13.0 Folder in which it exists? Did you ever get to the uninstall/free ccleaner/reinstall? I never got around to trying either of those fixes since the update seemed to work.

• 12. Re: Save Issue
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

judsonl

Thanks for the follow up details. Good information to have if we see a similar issue.

I always write that problems with the same symptoms can (often due) have different causes. Nonetheless, always good to have some information in the Premiere Elements troubleshooting tool chest.

Best wishes

ATR