5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2007 2:04 PM by mhenny

Deleted Site Connection Still Active

mhenny
      I removed a site connection to our development server yesterday, and today, when I try to recreate the connection to the live server, I'm getting an error that states I already have a connection to the site. I've deleted the _mm folder and looked for references to the site in my application data folder under documents and settings, with no luck.

I initially created the connection and am the administrator. Plus, the urls for the dev server and live server are completely different - they're two different servers.

Any ideas? Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Deleted Site Connection Still Active
          m gupta
          Hi,
          Can you try
          1. Removing all the connections from the My connections dialog box

2. Delete all the contents from "C:\Documents and Settings\'LloggedInUserName'\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\Contribute 4\Sites in case you are using Contribute 4 OR

3. Delete all the contents from "C:\Documents and Settings\'LloggedInUserName'\Local Settings\Application Data\Macromedia\Contribute 3\Sites in case you are using Contribute 3

and then creating a connection. Let me know if it helps.

Thanks,
          Manoj
          • 2. Re: Deleted Site Connection Still Active
            mhenny Level 1
            Thanks for your reply, Manoj. I have actually tried your suggestions. I've even removed Contribute completely from my machine and reinstalled, only to receive the message that my old settings will be imported into Contribute 4...which leads right back to my original problem. I'm at a loss on this issue so if you have any other ideas, I'd be grateful! Thank you.
            • 3. Re: Deleted Site Connection Still Active
              m gupta Level 1
              Hi,
              Can you try

1. Uninstall Contribute
              2. Removing all the connections from the My connections dialog box
              3. Delete all the contents from "C:\Documents and Settings\'LoggedInUserName'\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\Contribute 4\Sites in case you are using Contribute 4 OR
              4. Delete all the contents from "C:\Documents and Settings\'LoggedInUserName'\Local Settings\Application Data\Macromedia\Contribute 3\Sites in case you are using Contribute 3
              5. Edit the registry and delete the folder MyComputer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Contribute 4 if you are using Contribute 4 OR delete the folder MyComputer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Macromedia\Contribute 3 if are using Contribute 3.
              6. Restart the machine.

Let me know if it helps.
              -Manoj

and then creating a connection. Let me know if it helps.

Thanks,
              Manoj
              • 4. Re: Deleted Site Connection Still Active
                mhenny Level 1
                HI Manoj:

Thanks for your suggestion. I've tried the steps you mentioned and the problem with the old settings importing has stopped. :)

However, I am still having an issue with parent/child websites, even when it now seems I am creating connections from scratch. I have to believe there is still some old connection or website information on my local machine, I just don't know where else to look.

Here's what happens: After I reinstall Contribute, I can successfully create a connection to advising. buffalo.edu. Then, when I try to create a connection to sas.buffalo.edu, I get a message that the connection already exists. I've also tried doing these steps in reverse - create the sas.buffalo.edu connection, then create the advising connection. I then get the message that I already have a connection to advising.

I am sure the issue is on my machine somewhere, since my boss doesn't have the same problems.

Do you have any other ideas or suggestions? I appreciate any other ideas you may have.

Thanks!
                • 5. Re: Deleted Site Connection Still Active
                  mhenny Level 1
                  Here's what the problem appears to be. Some of the sites I was creating connections to reside on the same server. Their domains are aliases that all point to the same IP address. To correct the problem, I had to delete the server name URL and the server IP address in the administer website > web server > alternate addresses section of Contribute. Seems to have worked and I can now successfully create my connections.

Thanks for your assistance, Manoj!