8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2015 1:36 PM by A.T. Romano

where do I find the serial number to register

marsha arlen

where do I find the serial number they ask for to register

• 1. Re: where do I find the serial number to register
          A.T. Romano Level 7

marsha arlen

What version of Premiere Elements do you have and on what computer operating system is it running?

Did you purchase the program as an online download from Adobe or from boxed packaging from an authorized reseller?

Find your serial number

Please let us know if that above information is what you seek.

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: where do I find the serial number to register
            marsha arlen Level 1

Dear Mr. Romano,  I found my serial number.  I remembered my previous password and signed on and my serial number just popped up.  Thank you for your prompt response.  Can I ask another question? How do I disengage the administrator permission which is keeping me (the administrator) out.  It just wont open.  The busy icon just keeps spinning and then disappears. again and again.  ):

• 3. Re: where do I find the serial number to register
              A.T. Romano Level 7

marsha arlen

Great job finding the serial number.

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

As you saying that you got through the program install, but, when you get to a Sign In dialog, the dialog takes your Adobe ID and password, that the program and its workspace are not opening?

If that is the case, are you getting a specific error message?  Sounds like you are just getting the spinning busy icon.

1. Update the Adobe Application Manager Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Windows : Adobe Application Manager

Also see ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Sign In Failure (Connect to Internet or Fix Computer Clock)

2. Rename the SLCache Folder and if necessary the SLStore Folder

see how to in "way 1" of following ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Premiere Elements 12 Editor Will Not Open

Right now I am assuming that you are using Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit computer and Premiere Elements 11, 12, or 13. You have not posted that information so that I could be more specific.

Please let us know the outcome.

If you are running the program from a user account with administrative privileges, you should not be running into permissions problems. What about the settings for your antivirus and firewall(s)? Do you have McAfee security?

Any questions or need clarification, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: where do I find the serial number to register
                marsha arlen Level 1

Dear ATR,  It's Premiere Elements 12.  When I click on the shortcut it will not even ask for my ID or Password the blue circle just spins and disappears.  I have gone into permissions etc. to try and remove the symbol of the Administrator on the shortcut. Nothing works. I am ready to try different video software, but, first I will try all your suggestions. Thanks for your efforts.  M

PS  The Photoshop part of the software opens, but, for some reason there is no Administrator symbol  on the shortcut.

• 5. Re: where do I find the serial number to register
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

marsha arlen

Thanks for the reply.

Especially since you have Premiere Elements 12, please look at the possible solutions in the links that I have already suggested. Those involve work with files on the computer hard drive so you do not have to open the program to do them.

Also, I am not sure what computer operating system you are using. For now, I will assume Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

Go to

Local Disc C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 12

and look for the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe file in that Adobe Premiere Elements 12 Folder.

a. Right click that specific file, select and apply Run As Administrator....then,

b. Now double click that file and determine if the program opens.

Just in case note....when you are in that Adobe Premiere Elements 12 Folder, you want the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe file and not the Adobe Premiere Elements 12.exe file.

Depending on your results, we could consider uninstall, free ccleaner run through to get rid of leftovers from incomplete installs reinstalls, reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

We will watch for your results as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: where do I find the serial number to register
                    marsha arlen Level 1

Windows 7 pro

From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.

• 7. Re: where do I find the serial number to register
                      marsha arlen Level 1

Dear ATR,   I'm in.  Reinstalled. Went to Computer C.  Right clicked on premiere.  Ran as Administrator and the Welcome screen came up.   Thank you so much.   m

• 8. Re: where do I find the serial number to register
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

marsha arlen

Wonderful news.

Typically I have found Premiere Elements 12 to be one of the more difficult of versions to get installed/activated. I use Windows 7 and 8.1 64 bit. You did great following through the details to succeed.

Best wishes for lots of great projects.

ATR