20 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2015 6:59 AM by A.T. Romano

I am unable to burn a disc or save the show and burn using Nero program - the  proram does not recognize by DVD burrner

jennygreg

I am unable to burn a disc -- the program does not recognize my DVD burner

• 1. Re: I am unable to burn a disc or save the show and burn using Nero program - the  proram does not recognize by DVD burrner
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jennygreg

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

If you cannot do a burn to disc DVD, can you do a successful burn to folder - Folder (4.7 GB) or Folder (8.5 GB)?

Please define when you do not have an entry for Burner Location in the burn dialog

a. Disc/DVD disc for DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc

b. Disc/AVCHD disc for AVCHD on DVD disc

c. Disc/Blu-ray disc for Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc

What are you trying to save your Timeline to so that you can import the file into Nero for burn to disc. Please detail.

Lots more questions that need answers, but let us start here and then plan troubleshooting strategy based on the details of your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On..do you have installation files and purchased serial number for the product in case an uninstall/reinstall is necessary?

Have you tried disabling Nero to try to get Premiere Elements burn to disc to work for you?

• 2. Re: I am unable to burn a disc or save the show and burn using Nero program - the  proram does not recognize by DVD burrner
            jennygreg Level 1

Thank you for your response

I am using elements 13 with I downloaded as an upgrade on May 6  --- WINDOWS 7

I can create a folder, but, cannot burn the folder to a disc using Nero Express     

I burned using ISO4.7

Disc/DVD  --- BLANK

DISC/BLUERAY -- BLANK

DISC/AVCHD  --- IDENTIFIED MY BURNER -- I DID NOT TRY THIS OPTION -- I JUST BURNED A DISC, BUT, AM UNABLE TO OPEN IT WITH WINDOWS

MEDIA PLAYER --THE MESSAGE WAS THAT THE DISC WAS CREATED IN A MANNER NOT SUPPORTED BY MEDIA PLAYER

I GAVE THE TIMELINE A PROJECT NAME AND SAVED IT INTO A DOCUMENTS FILE

I DO HAVE A SERIAL NUMBER FOR THE PROGRAM -- IT WAS DOWNLOADED AS AN UPGRADE

THANK YOU

G LOVE

• 3. Re: I am unable to burn a disc or save the show and burn using Nero program - the  proram does not recognize by DVD burrner
              jennygreg Level 1

tHE DISC THAT I CREATED USING AVCHD MODE WOULD NOT PLAY ON MY COMPUTER, BUT DID PLAY ON MY DVD PLAYER

GARY LOVE

• 4. Re: I am unable to burn a disc or save the show and burn using Nero program - the  proram does not recognize by DVD burrner
                jennygreg Level 1

FURHER INFO,  THE DISCS I BURNT FROM A FOLDER PLAYED ON A DVD PLAYER, BUT ON MY COMPUTER

GARY LOVE

• 5. Re: I am unable to burn a disc or save the show and burn using Nero program - the  proram does not recognize by DVD burrner
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Gary Love

Let me start with a reply to your

POST 3

THE DISC THAT I CREATED USING AVCHD MODE WOULD NOT PLAY ON MY COMPUTER, BUT DID PLAY ON MY DVD PLAYER

If you used

Publish+Share/Disc/AVCHD disc and one of its presets to get the AVCHD format on a DVD disc

a. You need a computer player that supports the playback of AVCHD DVD, not all computer players do.

b. AVCHD DVD does not play back on a regular DVD player. It needs a blu-ray player that supports AVCHD DVD or one of those multi media players that supports AVCHD DVD. So, please identify the "DVD PLAYER" that you said allowed you to play back your AVCHD DVD.

POST 4

FURTHER INFO,  THE DISCS I BURNT FROM A FOLDER PLAYED ON A DVD PLAYER, BUT ON MY COMPUTER

What did you burn to folder

a. DVD-VIDEO Folder (4.7 GB) or Folder (8.5 GB)

or

b. AVCHD Folder (4.7 GB) or Folder (8.5 GB)

Did you take just the VIDEO_TS Folder from the saved (DVD-VIDEO) folder to DVD disc? Or, did you take the BDMV (AVCHD) to DVD disc? And, what program did you use to do that? Imgburn? What is your computer player? What is your DVD player?

ATR

• 6. Re: I am unable to burn a disc or save the show and burn using Nero program - the  proram does not recognize by DVD burrner
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Gary Love

In reply to post numbered 2....

1. Did you purchase Premiere Elements 13 from Adobe as a download? Then it should have given you a serial number.

What do you mean

I am using elements 13 with I downloaded as an upgrade on May 6

If Adobe is involved, "upgrade" is just a pricing manner related to whether or not you have purchase a prior version of the program.

So please explain. This may become an important point if you ever have to uninstall reinstall the program.

Have you updated 13 to 13.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates? If not, please do that.

You wrote

I can create a folder, but, cannot burn the folder to a disc using Nero Express

For DVD-VIDEO, please use free ImgBurn and only the VIDEO_TS Folder from the saved folder to take the VIDEO_TS Folder to DVD disc.

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/burn_dvd_folder_imgburn.cfm

For AVCHD, please use free ImgBurn and only BDMV Folder from saved folder to take the BDMV Folder to DVD disc.

If you have having problems in the Publish+Share/Disc/ area of the program, look at the problems with and without the preference related to Intel HD Graphics 2000 and Higher disabled.

Please review and consider my replies to your post 2, 3, and 4, and then we can put together the information and decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 7. Re: I am unable to burn a disc or save the show and burn using Nero program - the  proram does not recognize by DVD burrner
                      jennygreg Level 1

your responses

I upgraded from a purchased Prem Ele vers 9  to version 13 -- the upgrade was purchased from Adobe on May 6  I have serial numbers

When I enter upgrades in the help menu-- vers 13.1 is not listed as available for upgrading

There should not be a problem reinstalling the program

With AVCHD selected, the burner was identified and the video burnt to the disc --- the disc would not play on the computer(WINDOWS 7 MEDIA PLAYER) but would play on my BLUE RAY DVD player

In the disc mode the burner was not recognized and I used ISO 4.7 to a folder -- I used Nero to burn the folder to a disc -- my computer could not

open and play the disc -- the blue ray dvd player could

thanks for your responses

gary love

• 8. Re: I am unable to burn a disc or save the show and burn using Nero program - the  proram does not recognize by DVD burrner
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Gary Love

Thanks for the reply with additional details of your situation.

You wrote

When I enter upgrades in the help menu-- vers 13.1 is not listed as available for upgrading

There should not be a problem reinstalling the program

Is it possible that you have already updated 13 to 13.1? If you have not already, please go to Help Menu/About Adobe Premiere Elements... and see what it show for version in the small print directly above the scrolling text section.

You wrote

With AVCHD selected, the burner was identified and the video burnt to the disc --- the disc would not play on the computer(WINDOWS 7 MEDIA PLAYER) but would play on my BLUE RAY DVD player

I would not expect that Windows Media Player to support AVCHD DVD, but it should play back on the Blu-ray player which supports AVCHD DVD (as you found). Although the AVCHD DVD does not need a Blu-ray player to produce it, it does need a Blu-ray player with AVCHD DVD support to play it.

You wrote

In the disc mode the burner was not recognized and I used ISO 4.7 to a folder -- I used Nero to burn the folder to a disc -- my computer could not

open and play the disc -- the blue ray dvd player could

Just in case message....

If you use a burn to ISO Image option, you get an .iso file, not a folder containing the .iso file, saved to the computer hard drive. You offer the .iso file to the 3rd party software for placement on the disc, not a folder created by you to contain the .iso file.

If you use a burn to Folder option, you get a folder created by the program, not you, which contains OpenDVD Folder and VIDEO_TS Folder. It is only the VIDEO_TS Folder that you take to the 3rd party software for placement on the disc.

If you are using Nero for the 3rd party software, just be sure that you are not using a data disc option. Please let me know what Nero option that you are using and well as what is on the disc produced by Nero...do you find a VIDEO_TS Folder on the disc produced by Nero?

Please consider and then we will try to put the details together to resolve the issues. I will like us to get through the DVD-VIDEO burn to folder and putting the saved folder's VIDEO_TS Folder on a DVD disc using ImgBurn.

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/burn_dvd_folder_imgburn.cfm

and detemining what player you have that will play back the DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc.

Thanks.

ATR

• 9. Re: I am unable to burn a disc or save the show and burn using Nero program - the  proram does not recognize by DVD burrner
                          jennygreg Level 1

I tried to open the program and got the following error message

"The procedure entry point?GetSpaceRequired for DVD encoding @DVD Dic Creator@HSL@QEBAHHNAEAJAEAIEAEAMH@Z could not be located in Dynamatic link library HSL.d11

I can not open the program.

Gary Love

• 10. Re: I am unable to burn a disc or save the show and burn using Nero program - the  proram does not recognize by DVD burrner
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Gary Love

Have you restarted the computer?

If you have and that has had no impact on the problem, then we will try the following to factor it in or out at the onset

For Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

1. Deletion of the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file (settings file) and, if necessary, the whole 13 Folder in which it exists.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 13.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If the does not work, then you delete the whole 13.0 Folder in which it exists.

Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see the whole path given.

2. If the above does not work, then I believe it is overdue to uninstall reinstall the program. But, you cannot do that until you are sure that you have the correct purchased serial number for Premiere Elements 13. Do you have the installation files that were downloaded to your computer. If there is a problem with serial number, then we have to go back to fuller details of

I am using elements 13 with I downloaded as an upgrade on May 6  --- WINDOWS 7

The exact scheme here is

Uninstall the usual Control Panel way

Do free ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaner parts) to get rid of leftovers from Adobe and non Adobe uninstalls reinstalls

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled.

When all is well, then update 13 to 13.1 using Help Menu/Updates.

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 11. Re: I am unable to burn a disc or save the show and burn using Nero program - the  proram does not recognize by DVD burrner
                              jennygreg Level 1

I found a folder with the serial numbers and it allowed me to reload the program

The program opens,  with disc option selected it recognizes my burner,  n avch it recognizes my burner

I will work with the program for a couple of days and see if there is any problems

The version is 13  --- I cannot find any references for updates available for 13.1 in the help menu

Thanks very much for all your help   -- I will update you on my progress when I have used the program.

g

• 12. Re: I am unable to burn a disc or save the show and burn using Nero program - the  proram does not recognize by DVD burrner
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Gary Love

Sounding real good. Great job.

The following includes information on Premiere Elements 13.1 update

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 13: Adobe Releases Premiere Elements 13.1 Update

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE13/13.1: 13.1 Update Failures/Solutions

If all is working well, I would stay with 13 until such time when you are assured of 13's stability. And, then consider the update to 13.1.

This suggestion is based on the thought...do not mess with a good thing.

Best wishes

ATR

• 13. Re: I am unable to burn a disc or save the show and burn using Nero program - the  proram does not recognize by DVD burrner
                                  jennygreg Level 1

sorry to bother you again, but another problem has occurred

I reloaded version 13,  added files , opened publish disc , burner recognized but no media was recognized

I found the update for version 13.1  

The same problem occurred for disc and for avchd   -- I selected burn to folder -- both ISO and folder options

the media was recognized and I was able to burn to a folder

I could open the folder with windows media and play the images

Same problem with a different twist 

I have had enough for tonight -- will try again in the morning

gary love

• 14. Re: I am unable to burn a disc or save the show and burn using Nero program - the  proram does not recognize by DVD burrner
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Gary Love

What did you do successfully - burn to AVCHD with either burn to folder or burn to iso image?

What did you play back with Windows Media Player - the 00000.m2ts video file and/or an AVCHD.iso file?

When burn to folder

BDMV Folder

Stream Folder

and its 00000.m2ts video file

or

When burn to ISO Image

just an .iso image video file

Are you ready to take the whole BDMV Folder or the .iso file to DVD disc yet using the free ImgBurn?

ATR

• 15. Re: I am unable to burn a disc or save the show and burn using Nero program - the  proram does not recognize by DVD burrner
                                      jennygreg Level 1

this is becoming confusing for me and I has to repeat what I did

I am able to burn to folder in AVCHD FOLDER 4.7 -- I CAN open the file in CS6 and play it using Stream on Windows Media player  00000.mts format

I have burnt the AVCHD folder 4.7 to disc using NERO and can open the file in CS6 and play it as above

I was unable to burn to folder in Disc  folder 4.7

Gary Love

• 16. Re: I am unable to burn a disc or save the show and burn using Nero program - the  proram does not recognize by DVD burrner
                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Gary Love

Thanks for the follow ups.

Let us see if we can clarify to take away any confusion.

Let us recap....

1. You can now take your Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Timeline and use

Publish+Share

Disc

AVCHD (set your preset)

and set the burn to: Folder (4.7 GB)

2. That burn to Folder (4.7 GB) choice puts a saved folder on the computer hard drive at a save location that you designate in the burn dialog before you hit the Burn button. In that saved folder is the BDMV Folder which contain all the files for the AVCHD structure. The BDMV contains in its STREAM Folder your Timeline content (00000.m2ts) and menus (00001.m2ts + 00002.m2ts) if you have included menus in the project.

Now for the can and cannot due with your project now existing as a BDMV in the AVCHD structure.

If the destination for the BDMV Folder is DVD disc,  then you need to find a software other than Premiere Elements to put that BDMV content on a DVD in the required disc file system. The free ImgBurn program can be used for that. Can you do that? I do not have a version of Nero that can do that for me. You seem to have. Are you sure of what Nero is putting on the DVD disc? If any doubts, verify by using ImgBurn instead to get your AVCHD DVD for playback on blu-ray player and players that supports AVCHD DVD.

This gets back to what do you want - a disc end product or file that represents your Timeline. If you do not need a file with menus, then save your Timeline to an AVCHD.mp4 file on the computer hard drive. No need to detour through burn to get a .m2ts version without menus.

Why labor on the details of the success or failure of the burn to folder (4.7 GB) for this burn to choice under AVCHD? Once you know we can do this successfully, that helps us troubleshoot the burn to disc failure. The success or failure of the burn to folder, can take the burner and disc out of the troubleshooting equation.

Please review and consider so that we can know where we have been, where we are, and where we want to be with what you want to do in Premiere Elements project goals..

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...if need be, we can apply the same exercise to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc and Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc.

• 17. Re: I am unable to burn a disc or save the show and burn using Nero program - the  proram does not recognize by DVD burrner
                                          jennygreg Level 1

Item 1.  Correct  Below is the saved file    I continue below the file

Item 2.   AS above file processed  as AVCH folder 4.7   .. the file was burnt to with nero -- played on the computer and a blue ray player -- I do not know if it would play on a projector -- WHICH IS THE MAJOR REASON I upgraded

the program. The file size was 2.5gb and played for 35m

I tried to burn a disc from the Disc folder 4.7 option -- It was not successful -- When I looked at the contents on the

disc using disc properties the disc was 100% full when my file size was less than 2mb

My purpose for using the program will be to produced AV shows for presentation -- this will be a combination

of still shots edited with CS6 and videos edited with version 13.1  and will use menus-- I feel I should be able to select disc and proceed to a final product without any restrictions or extra steps. 

Would reloading element version 9 interfere with the running of version 13 -- I do not recall any major problems with that program.

If the burn program is confusing the issue, give me instructions on downloading IMgBurn and I will conduct more trials

Bear in mind, my computer expertise is limited to image editing -- I have been using Abode products for that past 10 years but that is the limit of my computer skills

Gary Love

• 18. Re: I am unable to burn a disc or save the show and burn using Nero program - the  proram does not recognize by DVD burrner
                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Gary Love

Thanks for the follow ups.

1. You should be able to install Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 on the same computer as Premiere Elements 13/13.1.

2. If you want to give ImgBurn a try for taking the Premiere Elements AVCHD burn to folder (4.7 GB)'s BDMV Folder to disc....

a. Download and install the free ImgBurn Download ImgBurn v2.5.8.0 - AfterDawn: Software downloads (with all program these days, be careful of your choices during the download and install so that you do not end up with unwanted baggage that may come along with the free ImgBurn download and install).

b. ImgBurn should open to

Capture.JPG

Select "Write files/folders to disc".

c. In the workspace that opens, go to File Menu/Browse to Source Folder. Navigate to the BDMV Folder in the AVCHD's saved folder from the burn to folder. In the Select Folder To Add Dialog, select specifically the BDMV  Folder, and hit Select Folder.

d. Click Yes to the following, and then verify under Options that the set was for UDF 2.50.

Capture2.JPG

e. Insert the DVD disc into the burner tray. And, when the Build button at the bottom left of the workspace is active, click on it.

Circle with red marking. You should see the following

Capture3 .JPG

Click Yes.

f. Then

Capture4.JPG

Click OK. And, follow the instructions from there. There will be a moment around verification when the burner will automatically open and close, ignore that and wait for the completed successfully message. If you have your computer speakers on, you will get a "off to the horse racing" music for a few seconds. I am still using ImgBurn version 2.5.7.0. The latest version is 2.5.8.0. Outcome should be the same either way.

We will talk about this some more.

ATR

• 20. Re: I am unable to burn a disc or save the show and burn using Nero program - the  proram does not recognize by DVD burrner
                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Gary

ImgBurn link was working and is working. Please try it again

Download ImgBurn v2.5.8.0 - AfterDawn: Software downloads

My link that you posted in your last question (the one that you say that you cannot open) is the one that shows the choice page after you download, install, and open the ImgBurn program.

Please give this another try.

Thanks.

ATR