4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2015 10:47 AM by TheMCSof

What is the best high quality export settings for a video?

TheMCSof

I look at my original file and see that its much better quality than the one I exported. I'm trying to upload a high quality gaming video to YouTube, but it comes out blurry. Please help.

• 1. Re: What is the best high quality export settings for a video?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

termcsol

The answers are in the details, and you have not yet given them.

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

What are the properties of the original file

Video Compression

Audio Compression

Frame Size

Frame Rate

Interlaced or Progressive

File Extension

Pixel Aspect Ratio

Video and Audio Bitrate

What are you doing now -

a. manually setting the project preset to match those properties (File Menu/New/Project)

or

b. allowing the project to set the project preset based on the properties of first file dragged to its Timeline?

What are the details for your export -

Apparently you want to upload to YouTube. What is the estimated file size and duration of the Timeline to be uploaded?

If the file size and duration exceed the Premiere Elements built in YouTube feature limits, you cannot use the feature even if you have an extended time YouTube account. Then, it is export Timeline content to file saved to the computer hard drive and from there upload of the file to YouTube at the YouTube web site using your extended time account. AVCHD.mp4 works well in this regard.

Please consider and supply the above information, and then we can give you very detailed information for what you seek.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: What is the best high quality export settings for a video?
            TheMCSof Level 1

(Windows 8,1) Hello! I have Premire Elements 13, and I have many files being put into the video. the main file is 1920x1080 and the total bitrate for the video is 702258kbps and 30fps. The audio is1536kbps. My video export settings for APR13 right now are attached. first.png2015-06-13_1242.png2015-06-13_1243.png2015-06-13_1243_001.pngThank you so much!                                                                                               TheMCSof

• 3. Re: What is the best high quality export settings for a video?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

TheMCSof

Thanks for your reply.

Apparently you know about the export settings under the Advanced Button of the Presets = 720 x 480 16x9 29.97.

But, after that, I need a lot more detail, since you talk about best possible quality export, have a 1920 x 1080 video source and appear to have set a 1280 x 720 project preset.

At the onset, there is no way for a Windows Media export to match what looks like huge bitrates for video and audio.

Advanced settings max

Video Bitrate 10,000 kbps (kilobits per second)

Audio Bitrate 440 kbps (kilobits per second)

Compare those with what you show

Video Bitrate = 702258 kbps

Audio Bitrate = 1536 kbps

From what you described in the first sentence of your thread description....

1. Project Preset = NTSC DSLR 1080p DSLR 1080p30@29.97 (this is assuming that your 1920 x 1080 has a progressive frame rate).

2. Export Settings for your Windows Media Choice

Presets = 720 x 480 16x9 29.97

3. Under the Advanced Button/Video Tab

VideoBitrate.JPG

If there is a chain link in the box to the right of Width and Height, click on it to remove it so that you can type in 1920 and 1080.

I do not think that you need the max 10,000 kbps, but explore and experiment.

Under the Advanced Button/Audio Tab

AudioBitrate.JPG

Here I have the audio bitrate at 440 kbps. I have doubts if you really need it at max.

I am not sure what you are going to do to the video audio sync once you start adjusting the video and audio bitrates to the Premiere Elements what is.

Please review and consider and give more detail.

Any questions or need clarification on anything written, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: What is the best high quality export settings for a video?
                TheMCSof Level 1

ATR,

Thank you so much! I am going to start exporting the video with new settings. I'll get back to you once it finishes.

Thanks,

TheMCSof