1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 13, 2015 10:58 AM by A.T. Romano

Why is my playback wobbly?

Soopytwist

I've recorded an AVI in Fraps and loaded this into Premiere Elements 12. When I play the video it wobbles up and down and so is the resulting saved video.

I don't want widescreen so I've tried various standard project settings and formats for the saved video but they all wobble. I'm also zooming in on the video because the recording in Fraps includes parts of my desktop.

How do I stop it wobbling?

• 1. Re: Why is my playback wobbly?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Soopytwist

The answers should be in the details.

What is the video compression used in conjunction with the .avi file extension (wrapper format)? Fraps codec? Is the Fraps program installed on the same computer with Premiere Elements 12? Please include as much as possible about video properties

Video compression

Audio compression

Frame Size

Frame Rate

Interlaced or Progressive

Pixel Aspect Ratio

we know the file extension (.avi)

Have you updated 12 to 12.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates? If not, please do that.

What have you (manually) or the project (automatically) set as the project preset to match the properties of your source file(s)?

If you do not know, please tell us what is listed for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, Pixel Aspect Ratio under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General

(even if the fields look grayed out).

Does the video display with wobbling in sections of the video where you did not zoom in?

Any effects applied to the Timeline footage?

Let us start here and then decide what next. Any questions or need clarification, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR