2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2015 2:09 PM by islandtime62

Lighroom CC Import Problem

islandtime62

I'm shooting with a Nikon D800E. When I shoot uncompressed my files are around 74MB per file. I've noticed that when I import these files into Lightroom CC they are compressed to 36.2MB. I've searched all of the settings and can't find a way to stop this from happening. I need the files to be their full 74MB. Is there a way to import my large files into Lightroom CC without them being compressed. Photoshop CC does not do this. I can work with the full file in Photoshop however, I do most of my editing and all of my cataloging in Lightroom. This has created a problem for me. Help! Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: Lighroom CC Import Problem
          dj_paige Level 9

Lightroom does not change your files in any way. This is simply a reporting difference, not a difference in the file.

(Or did you ask Lightroom to convert the RAWs to DNG along the way?)

• 2. Re: Lighroom CC Import Problem
            islandtime62 Level 1

Thanks for your response dj_paige.

I simply "add" on import most of the time. I very rarely convert to a DNG file. So if I'm understanding you correctly, even though the file in Lightroom may say "7360x4912 36.2 MP" it is still the original 74 MB image?
            Oops, I think I just saw my error in responding to you. Lightroom is reporting in MP's vs MB's. Now I understand.

Thanks again dj_paige!