0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2015 3:19 PM by ruthn11927092

Have been trying to download Adobe Digital Editions on my new laptop so that I can download ebooks from the public library and transfer them to my Nook Glowlight.  I had no problems doing this on my old computer, which used Windows 7, but I can't make it

ruthn11927092

I have been trying to download Adobe Digital Editions onto my new laptop so that I can download e-books from the public library and then transfer the books to my Nook Glowlight.  I keep getting error messages such as "check activation" and even though I have tried several times to download ADE 3 (per advice from the Nook support staff, as ADE 4 apparently isn't compatible with Nook Glowlight) and the program downloads to my computer, but when I try to download an e-book from the public library I get the error: check activation message.  I tried to run a troubleshooting when prompted by Microsoft and it gave me the message that my ADE is not compatible with Microsoft.  I never had this problem with my old laptop, but the old one was on Windows 7 and the new one runs on 8.1.  I asked the public library support staff about the problem and they believe it is an ADE software problem.  And where would I check activation?