3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2015 6:26 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere elements 9 stabilizer

patrickg36679645

I am trying to stabilize a video on Elements 9.

Does anyone know how to do it?

I have tried the fx "stabilizer" and it freezes the video.

Thank you very much.

• 1. Re: Premiere elements 9 stabilizer
          A.T. Romano Level 7

patrickg

What computer operating system for your Premiere Elements 9?

I suspect that, if the video is being frozen specifically by the application of the Video Stabilizer, you have overdone it with the stabilization settings,

Does the video require a lot of stabilization or just medium to minor adjustments.

If you have not already, please explore and experiment with the Video Stabilizer settings in the clip's Properties Palette/Stabilizer Panel. Have you been there and done that yet?

9 Stabilization.JPG

Please review the tips and description for the Video Stabilizer that applies to 9.0/9.0.1 in the Adobe Premiere Elements Effects Reference document

Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Effects reference

Please review, consider, and let us know the outcome. Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask. Premiere Elements 13 has a new Video Stabilizer. Let us work through with what you have before thinking about that.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/shake-stabilizer.html

If a consideration, be sure to evaluate the tryout before purchase.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...If you have not already, please update 9.0 to 9.0.1 using the following link, not the Help Menu/Updates in the program.

Adobe - Premiere Elements : For Windows : Premiere Elements 9.0.1 update

• 2. Re: Premiere elements 9 stabilizer
            patrickg36679645 Level 1

Hi!

Thank you for the quick reply.

The operating system I am using on that laptop is windows 7.

The video is quite shaky. I have been playing with the settings you show and unfortunately the end result is a pretty frozen video.

Thanks.

• 3. Re: Premiere elements 9 stabilizer
              A.T. Romano Level 7

patrickg

Thanks for the reply.

For troubleshooting purposes only at this time, you might want to download and install the free 30 day tryout of Premiere Elements 13 in order to determine if the new Shake Stabilizer will do the job that the old Video Stabilizer in 9 cannot. You do not have to uninstall your Premiere Elements 9 to do this. Just use one program at a time.

If you had Windows 8 or 8.1, I would ask you to try the video stabilizer that comes with Movie Maker 2012. The feature does not present in Windows 7.

There is also 3rd party software to consider. If Premiere Elements cannot do the job, some look at the Mercalli video stabilizer. It probably comes with a tryout.

Please review and consider.

Thank you.

ATR