• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to permanently disable Libraries CC

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2015 Jun 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working in InDesign CC 2014 latest version. Every time I open up InDesign the Libraries CC panel always and I mean always opens up even if I've closed it out in every previous session. I cannot figure out how to permanently turn it off or disable it. I don't use it. I don't need it and it's an annoying pop up.

Working on a Mac OS running Yosemite 10.10.3

3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - Processor

16 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 - RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 9400 256 MB - Graphics Card

Can anyone help me to permanently disable this thing. It's annoying and useless to me.

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

For your particular case, if you are using InDesign CC 2015, then there is a checkbox, Add to CC Library, in the New Character Style and New Paragraph Style Dialog which adds the style directly to the selected library and opens the CC Libraries Panel. If you do not want the style to be added to the CC Libraries at the time of creation, then simply uncheck the checkox at the bottom of the dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2015 Jun 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go through your workspaces in the Workspace menu. In each workspace in which CC Libraries exists, drag the panel out of your dock, and close it. Resave your workspace (using the same name if you wish, replacing the old version).

It will no longer appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work. Every time I make a style, it opens back up. And I'm pretty sure it is crashing InDesign because my document was working just fine yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try asking in the Adobe Creative Cloud forum. There are support engineers who understand the fine points of the CC features there.

AdobeCreative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For your particular case, if you are using InDesign CC 2015, then there is a checkbox, Add to CC Library, in the New Character Style and New Paragraph Style Dialog which adds the style directly to the selected library and opens the CC Libraries Panel. If you do not want the style to be added to the CC Libraries at the time of creation, then simply uncheck the checkox at the bottom of the dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do not want the style to be added to the CC Libraries at the time of creation, then simply uncheck the checkox at the bottom of the dialog.

It is not that simple! I have unchecked the checkbox dozens of times, and it keeps re-checking itself! It shouldn't even be checked by default. Why would the default behavior be to keep a library of every single paragraph and character style I ever make, all jumbled together in one meaningless collection?!

Furthermore, I keep deleting the "My Library" file, which then results in a "Library syncing is disabled..." message along with an "Enable" button. I never ever check the Enable button, yet somehow it keeps getting enabled. This feature is garbage, and I too want it gone forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kris,

It's definitely supposed to be a sticky setting, and it is for me.

Try restoring your InDesign preferences to see if that helps:

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add my experience: even though I don't use libraries, CC Library fails to sync to Adobe servers, and this is causing a 2 second delay after every single operation in InDesign ... it's now unuseable.

That this cannot be turned off – and I mean turned off, not hidden from view – is ridiculous. Forcing 'features' upon is one thing, but when this feature prevents the app working, it's ridiculous.

Either give us the option of disabling it fully, or make sure it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I'm contemplating to transition completely away from using Adobe apps solely because of CC Libraries always adding itself and being impossible to remove or disable. From time to time it just comes up and rearranges your workspace and just induces a huge amount of slowness an unnecessary waiting time. I have spent hundreds of hours waiting on 'Updating CC Libraries' though not a single time have i used this, in reality, completely unnecessary and useless feature. I recommend everyone watching the movie idiocracy to better cope mentally with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I'm in Australia where broadband generally sucks. Every time the CC Libraries panel re-launches I get the beachball of death while it tries to connect to... whatever... online. It's starting to drive me crazy. Fix this Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anasuiya, I'm wondering who marked that as the correct answer...

There is also one in the Swatches Panel and you have to uncheck them ALL!

Even when I had these all unchecked the panel kept re-appearing on launching InDesign.

I also remember (in desperation) going to my Creative Cloud Account and disabling syncing in the Preferences, then coming back into InDesign, trashing preferences, restart, un-checking all three CC Library boxes (Char Styles, Para Styles and Swatches) closing down the CC Libraries Panel then resetting preferences and resaving my workspace settings.

I re-enabled syncing after doing all of that, and the panel no longer comes up at launch.

I think that was everything... from memory...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue

That reply was for kristinal26062840's problem on adding styles. You are correct that the checkbox to Add to CC Library exists in the new Swatch, Character Style and Paragraph Style dialog. But after un-checking all these, the CC Libraries panel should never popup unless you had it open or docked in your workspace. But, if that still happens then please let me know.

Regards

Anasuiya Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not good enough Adobe. Should be a way to easily disable all CC Library activity. It interrupts natural workflow too requently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't think that's going to happen. All the new features are built to be connected via Creative Cloud.

You can file a feature request here, but....

Feature Requests/Bug Reports

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not helpful and I don't have time to report it to Adobe.

I paste a friggen file I copied from Illustrator into Photoshop.

Its fine until I click on that paste layer in the layers panel - then all hell breaks loose.

A "waiting for libries" box pops up with a sideways green thermometer looking thing.

I click cancel and the X and it will not go away. It used to.

Then a circle made up of small white circles starts spinning and I can click on NOTHING.

Also the "libraries" panel pops up and had the words,"Something went wrong initializing Creative Cloud libraries".

Under that, it nicely has the words "more information" in blue that is underlined as though it is a link.

Haha you can't click on it because Photoshop is FROZEN!

So this is NOT SOLVED so please unmark that it is.

Because you marked this solved I have to waste my time and creat another complaint.

Please report it to Adobe yourself if you work there. It is your job not mine.Adobe hell screenshot.jpg

These is an attachment here you can use to report it.

It stopped freezing Photoshop after 25 minutes while I was writing ths.

IT IS STILL NOT SOLVED BECAUSE WE WANT THE ADD TO LIBRARY HELL TO STOP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could not agree more with Michael. To impose these panels on us completely disrupts workflow. Furthermore, it drives us NUTS. Remember Clippy the Microsoft Office paperclip? That's the feeling. Might as well call it Panny the Library panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi christian. Did you find a solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2023 Nov 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately not. I'm sure the engineers have a lot on their hands. Hopefully this issue doesn't fall on deaf ears. That is, unless they enjoy torturing us with a thousand tiny daggers ;D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey fellow-sufferer!

Did you find a solution? I just posted a nearly identical query in the Creative Cloud forum. . . .

ugh.

--April

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try trashing your ID preferences. Launch InDesign then undock the CC Libraries Panel and dismiss it.

Let me know what happens after you relaunch InDesign, does the CC Libraries panel opens up on launch ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and kind member, Ellis, sent me this! It's the same solution provided by Anasulya Gupta in this thread. . . .

CC Library popping up when creating swatches—figured it out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Can we have the option for this to be disabled please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue,

You can disable the appearance of the library panel when adding new swatches or styles:

CC Library popping up when creating swatches—figured it out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines