2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2015 4:17 PM by ssprengel

Photo looks perfect in LR when once I export hair looks funny please help!

CharlotteColi

Hi,

I am using LR5 to edit photos taken of some children in my home studio most of them are fine but there are about 5 photos that look perfect in LR but once I export them the hair on the little girl looks strange I've tried removing all sharpening I had applied, reduce the contrast and the clarity and changed the exposure I've also tried changing the sharpness and clarity on just the hair using the adjustment brush but nothing has worked

Can anyone help? Below is an example of one of the photos it is most noticeable on the girls fringe although when I upload on here it doesn't look so bad for some reason but when I look at it on windows photo viewer and when my client looks at it it looks as if her fringe has shiny silvery bits in it

Thanks 

FathersDayShoot_006.jpg

• 1. Re: Photo looks perfect in LR when once I export hair looks funny please help!
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I am guessing you are sharpening on Export in addition to what you see in LR Develop, and so you may be oversharpening in Develop and Export is sharpening more, but without being able to see what you see in Develop alongside what you're seeing as an Export it's hard to understand where the problem might be occurring.

I can see large sharpening halos around her fingers--an overly dark edge next to an overly light edge:

which could be already done by the camera if you are adjusting JPGs.

If you want to supply an original image and show us a screenshot of your Develop - Detail settings and your Export - Resize and Sharpening settings better advice might be possible.

• 2. Re: Photo looks perfect in LR when once I export hair looks funny please help!
            ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

And you haven't said what the problem is, specifically, just that something is "strange" with the "girl's fringe."  I assume you mean her bangs, or the hair that comes down in front near her eyes, if "bangs" is only an old-person term.  But what is wrong is not really obvious, unless is this what you're taking about, the little horizontal lines in the vertical hair?

I'd try dialing back the Develop - Detail - Detail slider to 0; however, if these are camera JPGs then it may be baked in.