23 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2016 5:10 AM by Steve Grisetti

The screen above the sceneline is blank. When I play a clip, there is only audio, no video

ersteni25677382

I've watched self-help videos where once clips were added and then dragged to the bottom, the screen above the timeline and sceneline would show the first video, and tapping on the space bar or the right-facing arrow below the screen would start the clip to play.

When I drag the clips to the bottom, whether in timeline or sceneline, the screen above remains blank, and when I hit the space bar or the right facing arrow, I can hear the audio, but the screen remains blank. When I hit the space bar or arrow again, the audio stops, and a frame from the video appears. The same thing happens each time I hit the space bar or arrow -- the audio appears, and another screen shot appears, but I cannot get the video to play.

• 1. Re: The screen above the sceneline is blank. When I play a clip, there is only audio, no video
          A.T. Romano Level 7

oyster

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

What is the name of the video card/graphics card that your computer uses? Is its driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

What is the brand/model/settings for the camera that recorded the video? I want to get at the properties of your source files....video compression, audio compression, frame size, frame rate, interlaced or progressive, file extension, pixel aspect ratio.

Have you (manually) or the project (automatically) set the project preset to match the properties of the source that you are dragging to the Timeline?

Are you Timeline rendering the Timeline content to get the best possible preview of what you want to see in the Edit area monitor.

For the purposes of troubleshooting, please work in the Timeline workspace (if Premiere Elements 10 or earlier) or Expert workspace (if Premiere Elements 11 and later).

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: The screen above the sceneline is blank. When I play a clip, there is only audio, no video
            ersteni25677382 Level 1

ATR,

I will need outside help to gather all the info you requested, as I have no idea how to access some of it. Might take a few hours to a day.

thanks,

oyster

• 3. Re: The screen above the sceneline is blank. When I play a clip, there is only audio, no video
              A.T. Romano Level 7

oyster

Thanks for the reply.

Which ones of the questions are presenting problems answering?

Is the computer workstation at another location? Did someone else take record the video and give you the task of editing it?

If not, I can help you find the information in your camera, computer, and Premiere Elements that you have with you.

Whatever the case, we will be looking forward to working on your issue as the requested information becomes available and your schedule permits.

We can work at whatever pace you would prefer.

The goal is to define the problem, find the core of the issue, and get you moving forward with your Premiere Elements projects.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: The screen above the sceneline is blank. When I play a clip, there is only audio, no video
                ersteni25677382 Level 1

ATR,

I just got off the phone with Dell, having spent 1-1/2 hours, almost all of it trying to download the latest driver update, which was unsuccessful. Here is the info you requested:

1.  Adobe Premier Elements 103. Operating system: Windows Vista 64-bit2. Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 7203.  Camera used: Canon 70D     Compression format : MPEG-4 AVC/H.264

Movie quality:  High compression(inter frame, IPB)

Frame Rate:  59.94

Don't know audio compression

Though I had Elements for over a year, I never used it until today, so I don't know how to answer your other questions regarding its use.

Let me know if sending one of the clips would help. It is larger than Yahoo will accept, so I might  have to use my Gmail address.

thanks,

Ersten (aka oyster)

To: Ersten Imaoka <pyrus321@yahoo.com>

Sent: Sunday, June 14, 2015 5:13 PM

Subject:  The screen above the sceneline is blank. When I play a clip, there is only audio, no video

The screen above the sceneline is blank. When I play a clip, there is only audio, no video

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussionoyster Thanks for the reply.  Which ones of the questions are presenting problems answering? Is the computer workstation at another location? Did someone else take record the video and give you the task of editing it? If not, I can help you find the information in your camera, computer, and Premiere Elements that you have with you.  Whatever the case, we will be looking forward to working on your issue as the requested information becomes available and your schedule permits.We can work at whatever pace you would prefer. The goal is to define the problem, find the core of the issue, and get you moving forward with your Premiere Elements projects. Thank you. ATR If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7640479#7640479 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7640479#7640479 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" 

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 5. Re: The screen above the sceneline is blank. When I play a clip, there is only audio, no video
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Ersten

Many thanks for putting together the information on your issue.

I think that I have found a major issue, just in those details. But, your confirmation about the version of Premiere Elements that you are using is very important.

There is no Premiere Elements 103. There is a Premiere Elements 10. Could you have version 10?

If you have Premiere Elements 10 and your computer is using that NVIDIA GeForce GT 720 video card/graphic card, then we have a major problem. This is a known issue specific to Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce which is resolved by rolling back the driver version to about May 2013. See full details

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE10: NVIDIA Video Card Driver Roll Back

There does not appear to be an older NVIDIA GeForce GT 720 driver old enough to use for the fix after I plug your information into the following. I am looking for a May 2013 driver, and the choices seem to go back to July 2014.

NVIDIA.JPG

I am not finding a NVIDIA GeForce GT 7203, so I am assuming that you meant to write GT 720 instead.

Because of the display aspects of your problem description and the history of Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce, it seems your choices would be

1. Go to another version of Premiere Elements for the computer that you have

2. Change the video card/graphic card to something other than NVIDIA GeForce if you stay with Premiere Elements 10 on that Vista computer.

3. Have you given any thought to going to Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit with a non NVIDIA GeForce card? Premiere Elements 10 is a 32 bit application running in the 32 bit compatibility mode of the Vista 64 bit system. That has resource implications. Premiere Elements 10, 11, 12, and 13 are 64 bit applications when run specifically on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit computer.

At this point, I do not believe that the issue goes to your video source from the 70D

AVCHD.mov 1920 x 1080 @ 60 progressive frames per second.

The project preset that you set in the new project dialog when you open the program should be

NTSC AVCHD AVCHD 1080p60

Just make sure you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer and that you are running the programs as administrator.

I am not sure of your background on these matters. Is there any chance of revisiting the Dell people and pointing them to this thread and asking for any assist working around this matter?

We will be watching for your progress. I have given you a lot of details. I will give you clarification of all or one at a time if needed. The Premiere Elements version number and the NVIDIA GeForce matter are the immediate focus points.

ATR

• 6. Re: The screen above the sceneline is blank. When I play a clip, there is only audio, no video
                    ersteni25677382 Level 1

ATR,

Sorry about the delay. I was watching our Golden State Warriors game, and the wrap-up show.

I went back to look at the last email I sent you, and I guess the way it was sent was not the way my version looks like. The two "3"s that got stuck on the "10" for the descriptions of Premier Elements and NVIDIA should have been separated. You are correct, I have Premier Elements 10 and NVIDIA GeForce GT 720.

I got a brain freeze looking at your response. I am not computer savvy, so I got a sensory overload! I'll first try your suggestion about the project preset and using the latest version of QuickTime and see if that makes things work. If that doesn't work, I will contact Dell and then forward the relevant parts of your email to them. If that fails to solve things, I'll get another version of Elements. Which version, an older version or a newer one, would do the job?

I wish I had started using Elements as soon as I bought it, then I would have had the free tech support for the first 90 days, but your help has been FANTASTIC!    

thanks,Ersten

Sent: Sunday, June 14, 2015 7:25 PM

Subject:  The screen above the sceneline is blank. When I play a clip, there is only audio, no video

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussionErsten Many thanks for putting together the information on your issue. I think that I have found a major issue, just in those details. But, your confirmation about the version of Premiere Elements that you are using is very important.There is no Premiere Elements 103. There is a Premiere Elements 10. Could you have version 10? If you have Premiere Elements 10 and your computer is using that NVIDIA GeForce GT 720 video card/graphic card, then we have a major problem. This is a known issue specific to Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce which is resolved by rolling back the driver version to about May 2013. See full detailsATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE10: NVIDIA Video Card Driver Roll BackThere does not appear to be an older NVIDIA GeForce GT 720 driver old enough to use for the fix after I plug your information into the following. I am looking for a May 2013 driver, and the choices seem to go back to July 2014. https://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-7640819-775144/NVIDIA.JPG  I am not finding a NVIDIA GeForce GT 7203, so I am assuming that you meant to write GT 720 instead. Because of the display aspects of your problem description and the history of Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce, it seems your choices would be1. Go to another version of Premiere Elements for the computer that you have2. Change the video card/graphic card to something other than NVIDIA GeForce if you stay with Premiere Elements 10 on that Vista computer.3. Have you given any thought to going to Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit with a non NVIDIA GeForce card? Premiere Elements 10 is a 32 bit application running in the 32 bit compatibility mode of the Vista 64 bit system. That has resource implications. Premiere Elements 10, 11, 12, and 13 are 64 bit applications when run specifically on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit computer. At this point, I do not believe that the issue goes to your video source from the 70DAVCHD.mov 1920 x 1080 @ 60 progressive frames per second.The project preset that you set in the new project dialog when you open the program should beNTSC AVCHD AVCHD 1080p60Just make sure you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer and that you are running the programs as administrator. I am not sure of your background on these matters. Is there any chance of revisiting the Dell people and pointing them to this thread and asking for any assist working around this matter? We will be watching for your progress. I have given you a lot of details. I will give you clarification of all or one at a time if needed. The Premiere Elements version number and the NVIDIA GeForce matter are the immediate focus points. ATR If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7640819#7640819 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7640819#7640819 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" 

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 7. Re: The screen above the sceneline is blank. When I play a clip, there is only audio, no video
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Ersten

Thanks for the reply. Appreciated.

It seems like details beget more details in this type of troubleshooting. But, do not give up.

Great idea to work through the source media and the project preset angles on the issue. History is against us on this one.

Whatever you do, please consider the tryout before any purchase. We can talk about the details of that later if necessary and if you want to explore that idea.

Do you think that there is any way that Dell would give you a new non NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card for your computer? Wishful thinking?

But, always worth the asking.

Another nuisance is, if you keep the present Vista computer (NVIDIA GeForce or not), you cannot use the latest version. Premiere Elements 13 (latest version) does not support Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Mac OSX 10.7. That points you to Premiere Elements 11 or 12 from whomever has it in stock. Adobe is only selling 13.

Please update us on what is happening as your schedule permits.

Thank you and best wishes

ATR

• 8. Re: The screen above the sceneline is blank. When I play a clip, there is only audio, no video
                        ersteni25677382 Level 1

ATR,

I downloaded QuickTIme version 7. When I went to change the project preset, the choice you suggested, NTSC AVCHD AVCHD 1080p60, was not one of the options. The options presented were:

AVCHD LITE 720p24AVCHD LITE 720p30AVCHD LITE 720p60

FULL HD 1080i 30FULL HD 1080i 30 5.1 Channel

HD 1080i 30HD 1080i 30 5.1 Channel

Which one should I select?

thanks,Ersten

• 9. Re: The screen above the sceneline is blank. When I play a clip, there is only audio, no video
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Ersten

Just about to call it a day when I say your latest post.

That NTSC AVCHD AVCHD 1080p60 should be offered in Premiere Elements 10. The screenshot below is from my Premiere Elements 10 on Window 7 64 bit.

p60.JPG

If you do not find that project preset, we have another matter to troubleshoot.

I will look for your results in the morning morning. It is just after 1 am where I am.

ATR

• 10. Re: The screen above the sceneline is blank. When I play a clip, there is only audio, no video
                            ersteni25677382 Level 1

ATR,

I can't figure out why, but my screen shot looks like the attached.

I thought that the easiest way to end all this would be to install the software on my laptop, but when I tried, the installation wizard stated that the serial number I entered was invalid. So, I have also attached a photo of the back of my box which shows three sets of numbers. I first tried inputting the 18-digit number starting with "714". That was rejected. I then tried the set of numbers after "PN". That didn't work. I then tried the set of numbers below the UPC code starting with "839", and that failed. My last try was adding the "8" and the "3" that appears before and after the set of numbers starting with "839" below the UPC, which also failed. I tried each set of numbers at least twice, so I know that typing incorrect numbers is not the issue.

I'm beginning to feel like I'm snakebit!

thanks,Ersten

Sent: Sunday, June 14, 2015 10:22 PM

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussionErsten Just about to call it a day when I say your latest post.That NTSC AVCHD AVCHD 1080p60 should be offered in Premiere Elements 10. The screenshot below is from my Premiere Elements 10 on Window 7 64 bit. https://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-7641001-775259/541-547/p60.JP G If you do not find that project preset, we have another matter to troubleshoot. I will look for your results in the morning morning. It is just after 1 am where I am. ATR If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7641001#7641001 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7641001#7641001 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" 

• 11. Re: The screen above the sceneline is blank. When I play a clip, there is only audio, no video
                              ersteni25677382 Level 1

ATR,

I was putting away the installation discs into their holder when I noticed that the back of the holder had the serial number. That made the installation work. I was then able to install Disc 3 and Disc 4, but Disc 5 was not installed because I could not figure out how to prompt the computer to start the download of this particular disc. I hope this doesn't affect how the software works. I then downloaded the latest version of QuickTime as instructed by the installation wizard.

However, the project presets were the same as what I sent you earlier. When I tried to upload clips, the program would not recognize the clips, stating "No Valid Files Found", regardless of when I tried uploading the clips from a folder on my desktop, or when I tried uploading the clips from a flash drive.

The graphics card that I have on my laptop is the Intel HD Graphics 4000. I verified that QuickTime 7 is installed on my laptop.

thanks,Ersten

--- Forwarded Message

• 12. Re: The screen above the sceneline is blank. When I play a clip, there is only audio, no video
                                ersteni25677382 Level 1

ATR,

I thought that maybe if I changed the default media player from GOM to QuickTime, that would solve the problem, and it did!

The program now looks like it works, as the screen is automatically loaded, and the video now works when I hit the space bar or the right-facing arrow. However, the video is bit jittery, but not bad at all. Now, I can get to the business of learning how to edit clips and merge clips. As I mentioned, this is the first time I am using Premiere Elements, so my learning curve doesn't even exist, but at least I know I can work my way through it with little baby steps at a time. Using my laptop is not ideal, since it has a smaller screen, lower resolution and a slower processor than my PC, but at least the program works. I don't think I should even bother Dell about giving me a non-NVIDIA graphics card, since it's highly unlikely they'd do that. Maybe at some later date I can get a new graphics card, but buying a new program would probably be cheaper.

At least, from your great help and persistence, I know why I was not able to make the program work on my PC. I'm still concerned, though, as to why the project presets are not the same as yours. I hope this discrepancy doesn't affect the quality of the finished video. What preset would you recommend I use, and what video recording settings should I use on my Canon 70D and 7D to give me the best chance of producing acceptable videos? 

thanks,Ersten

• 13. Re: The screen above the sceneline is blank. When I play a clip, there is only audio, no video
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Ersten

Just starting my day and glad to learn of your great progress. Great job.

I dusted off my memory and remember an old issue "Missing 1080p60 and 1080p50 project presets"

The following link should help you correct the situation in your case.

Missing presets

I was surprised about the GOM and QuickTime results. I would have expected a problem if QuickTime latest version was not installed, but no problem if QuickTime was not set as the default player. Sometime that needs looking into.

Please let me know if your 1080p60 and 1080p50 project presets appear after following instructions in the Adobe link.

Thanks.

ATR

• 14. Re: The screen above the sceneline is blank. When I play a clip, there is only audio, no video
                                    ersteni25677382 Level 1

ATR,

I unzipped the file, but I don't know how to proceed with these instructions:

"From the uncompressed folder, copy the files to the respective locations given below:  

- AVCHD 1080p60 preset, copy the new AVCHD 1080p60.sqpreset file to the \Adobe Premiere Elements \settings\SequencePresets\NTSC\AVCHD\ folder."

When I click on "Change Settings", the list appears, but I can't see a way to open any folder. All it allows is to select a setting. Right clicking on the NTSC folder doesn't do anything.

thanks,Ersten

From: A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Sent: Monday, June 15, 2015 8:02 AM

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussionErsten Just starting my day and glad to learn of your great progress. Great job. I dusted off my memory and remember an old issue "Missing 1080p60 and 1080p50 project presets"The following link should help you correct the situation in your case.Missing presets I was surprised about the GOM and QuickTime results. I would have expected a problem if QuickTime latest version was not installed, but no problem if QuickTime was not set as the default player. Sometime that needs looking into. Please let me know if your 1080p60 and 1080p50 project presets appear after following instructions in the Adobe link. Thanks. ATR If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7642343#7642343 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7642343#7642343 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" 

• 15. Re: The screen above the sceneline is blank. When I play a clip, there is only audio, no video
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

ersteni

Let us go over the details to determine if we can find a place

1. Download the PRE Preset.zip folder. Right click, select extract all to give you the unzipped folder.

2. Double click the unzipped folder to get two file

AVCHD 1080p50.sqpreset.sqpreset

and

AVCHD 1080p60.sqpreset.sqpreset

3. Now comes placing each in the correct location on the computer hard drive.

I do not have Windows Vista 64 bit, so I am not certain of the location first hand. I will assume that it is going to be the same as for Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

For the AVCHD 1080p60 sqpreset.sqpreset file

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 10

Settings

Sequence Presets

NTSC

AVCHD

and in the AVCHD Folder you paste your AVCHD 1080p60 sqpreset.sqpreset file. Close out of there.

Next open Premiere Elements 10 which opens to the new project dialog...after you click on change settings in the new project dialog, you should see "NTSC AVCHD AVCHDp60 sqpreset" as a choice of project preset. I am not sure why Adobe gave that strange ...sqpreset.sqpreset file name. All that is really needed is .sqpreset file extension, not ...sqpreset.sqpreset file ending.

Not sure what and why you did

When I click on "Change Settings", the list appears, but I can't see a way to open any folder. All it allows is to select a setting. Right clicking on the NTSC folder doesn't do anything.

All you do is click on/select the preset and OK out of there. In the opened program, you can verify what you set using Edit Menu/Project Settings/General readings.

Please consider.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...I road test all of this with the currently available unzipped folder contents - it does work.

After thought...in new project dialog/change settings, are you opening the NTSC panel to see its choices by clicking on the triangle to the left of the "NTSC" - triangle facing right = closed and triangle pointing down opened/expanded to see choices under NTSC?

• 16. Re: The screen above the sceneline is blank. When I play a clip, there is only audio, no video
                                        ersteni25677382 Level 1

ATR,

Thanks for the roadmap. It worked! All is well. REALLY appreciate your time. Best tech help I ever had. Now, I can go outside and tend to my bees. I'll start working on my video editing skills tonight.

Ersten

Sent: Monday, June 15, 2015 10:45 AM

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussionersteni Let us go over the details to determine if we can find a place  1. Download the PRE Preset.zip folder. Right click, select extract all to give you the unzipped folder.2. Double click the unzipped folder to get two fileAVCHD 1080p50.sqpreset.sqpresetandAVCHD 1080p60.sqpreset.sqpreset 3. Now comes placing each in the correct location on the computer hard drive.I do not have Windows Vista 64 bit, so I am not certain of the location first hand. I will assume that it is going to be the same as for Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit. For the AVCHD 1080p60 sqpreset.sqpreset fileLocal Disk CProgram FilesAdobeAdobe Premiere Elements 10SettingsSequence PresetsNTSCAVCHDand in the AVCHD Folder you paste your AVCHD 1080p60 sqpreset.sqpreset file. Close out of there. Next open Premiere Elements 10 which opens to the new project dialog...after you click on change settings in the new project dialog, you should see "NTSC AVCHD AVCHDp60 sqpreset" as a choice of project preset. I am not sure why Adobe gave that strange ...sqpreset.sqpreset file name. All that is really needed is .sqpreset file extension, not ...sqpreset.sqpreset file ending. Not sure what and why you did

All you do is click on/select the preset and OK out of there. In the opened program, you can verify what you set using Edit Menu/Project Settings/General readings. Please consider. Thanks. ATR Add On...I road test all of this with the currently available unzipped folder contents - it does work. If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7643013#7643013 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7643013#7643013 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" 

• 17. Re: The screen above the sceneline is blank. When I play a clip, there is only audio, no video
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Ersten

Great news. Great job of follow through on all those details.

Best wishes creating your video presentations.

Do not hesitate to ask if other questions come up along the way. I am still wondering how you escaped the Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce issue. Good information for me to explore. But, all is well and that is the focus moving forward.

Thanks.

ATR

• 18. Re: The screen above the sceneline is blank. When I play a clip, there is only audio, no video
                                            ersteni25677382 Level 1

ATR,

I did not escape that issue. In an earlier email, I mentioned that I decided to use my laptop that has an Intel HD Graphics 4000 video card. The laptop's screen is smaller, has less resolution and a slower processor, but at least I can now use the program. I pretty much gave up using the program on my PC.  

thanks,Ersten

Sent: Monday, June 15, 2015 12:00 PM

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussionErsten Great news. Great job of follow through on all those details. Best wishes creating your video presentations. Do not hesitate to ask if other questions come up along the way. I am still wondering how you escaped the Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce issue. Good information for me to explore. But, all is well and that is the focus moving forward. Thanks. ATR If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7643294#7643294 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7643294#7643294 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 19. Re: The screen above the sceneline is blank. When I play a clip, there is only audio, no video
                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Ersten

Thanks for that news.

I was still wondering how you got 10 to work with NVIDIA GeForce on that computer.

Appreciated the clarification.

Best wishes

ATR

• 20. Re: The screen above the sceneline is blank. When I play a clip, there is only audio, no video
                                                ozegran Level 1

Hi

I have the same problem too! I just bought a new laptop (MSI GT72) and I cannot get the clips to show the video either. Do I really have to revert to an older driver? Won't that affect my laptop? HELP PLEASE!!!!

Thanks in advance

Jenny

• 21. Re: The screen above the sceneline is blank. When I play a clip, there is only audio, no video
                                                  Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If you are using version 10 then, yes, you probably will.

• 22. Re: The screen above the sceneline is blank. When I play a clip, there is only audio, no video
                                                    ozegran Level 1

Steve

So what is my solution? Buy the latest version of Adobe Premiere Elements?