3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2015 2:17 PM by A.T. Romano

Upside down videos

china2103

Can I edit videos in Premiere Elements 12 that were filmed upside down or sideways?

• 1. Re: Upside down videos
          A.T. Romano Level 7

china2103

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running? And, have you updated 12 to 12.1 yet using Help Menu/Updates? If not, please do that.

Now to your immediate question.

This is a rotation option in Premiere Elements that you can use.

a. Right click the clip on the Expert workspace Timeline, select Rotate 90 Right or Rotate 90 Left.

or

b. Select the clip on the Timeline, go to Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Motion Panel expanded.

In the Motion Panel expanded find the Rotation property which has more opportunities of adjustments.

Please review and consider, and let us know the outcome as your schedule permits.

If any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On....you can get into problems with certain features of Premiere Elements if the feature traces back to the clip representation on the hard drive rather than what you are actually seeing in the program. We can discuss that if and when necessary.

• 2. Re: Upside down videos
            china2103 Level 1

Thank you for your response.  I am using Window 7 and I have not updated to 12.1.  I will do that soon.  I also have a lap top that has 8.1.  Perhaps I should moved Elements to the laptop?

• 3. Re: Upside down videos
              A.T. Romano Level 7

china2103

Thanks for the reply. Hope the suggestions for rotating your video work for you. Depending on what features you apply to those files that you rotate in the program, you may have to re-orient them before importing them into a Premiere Elements project. More information on that if you run into that situation

Adobe allows you to use your purchased activated serial number on no more than 2 of your computers. So, you can install and activate your program on 2 computers, your Window 7 bit and Window 8.1 64 bit. But, in this arrangement, you are supposed not to use both programs at the same time.

Consider the computer with the most computer resources to match the demands of your project complexity and size.

One of the major perks of the 12.1 Update is that you will get rid of the Expert workspace'sText Style issue that is seen in 12.

Best wishes

ATR