27 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2015 12:28 AM by Mike-RM

Organiser 13 can't access Revel

Mike-RM Level 1

I recently bought Premier elements 13 for MAC but I cannot import from Revel - Nothing on the Import dropdown. I also note that 'Sign in to Online Account' on the File menu is grayed out. I have activation codes for multiple platforms. Any suggestions?Organiser 13 cn

• 1. Re: Organiser 13 can't access Revel
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Mike-RM

I am strictly an Elements Windows user, but I will go on the assumption that Elements Organizer 13 has the same features for Mac as Windows. In some earlier versions of Premiere Elements, there is a Add Media for Adobe Revel in the Premiere Elements Editor. There is not in Premiere Elements 13 Editor. Consequently, sounds like you are in Elements Organizer 13, under Albums/Mobile Albums/your library where you would expect to find your Adobe Revel files.

If you have not already, please update Premiere Elements 13 Editor and Elements Organizer 13 both to the 13.1 version. See Help Menu/Updates.

You say that the File Menu/Sign In To Online Account is grayed out so that you cannot get to this

revel.JPG

Can you get the above dialog by clicking on the organize red icon which is to the right of Mobile Albums in the Elements Organizer workspace. That icon is pointing to the fact that you are not signed into your Revel account.

RevelSignIn.JPG

If you go back to the Premiere Elements Editor workspace Help Menu/do you see a "Sign In" or "Sign Out"?

Have you gone to Edit Menu/Preferences/Web Sharing and refreshed the Online Services?

Can you sign into your Adobe Revel account with your Adobe ID and password if you go to the Adobe Revel web site? Are we talking about one Adobe Revel account with one Adobe ID and password?

Please review and consider the above, and then we can decide what next.

ATR

• 2. Re: Organiser 13 can't access Revel
            Mike-RM Level 1

Hi ATR, thanks for the reply.

"Consequently, sounds like you are in Elements Organizer 13, under Albums/Mobile Albums/your library where you would expect to find your Adobe Revel files."

Yes, I'm definitely in Elements Organiser 13.1.  I also have Revel running and logged in. I can move photos to Revel on my iPhone etc and they appear in Revel on my MAC, but not in Mobile Albums in Organiser, there is no option to import from Revel.

"You say that the File Menu/Sign In To Online Account is grayed out so that you cannot get to this"

Correct. But there is no red icon to the right of Mobile Albums. Only the Green + add symbol. However, after changing a setting I do get the blue "Share via Adobe Revel.com" symbol to the right of each album in Mobile Albums and this works - I can send a link to my email address etc. So I suspect that I am signed in to Revel. Since "Sign in to Online Account" is greyed out, could this indicate that I'm already signed in?

If you go back to the Premiere Elements Editor workspace Help Menu/do you see a "Sign In" or "Sign Out"?

Have you gone to Edit Menu/Preferences/Web Sharing and refreshed the Online Services?

In Premier Elements video editor workspace Help, I am signed in with my email address.

I tried refreshing online services. It didn't seem to change anything.

Can you sign into your Adobe Revel account with your Adobe ID and password if you go to the Adobe Revel web site? Are we talking about one Adobe Revel account with one Adobe ID and password?

Yes, I can sign in to Revel and transfer iPhone photos via Revel to Revel running on MAC, but they don't appear in Mobile Albums because there is no way to import from Revel. My Adobe and Revel ID's and passwords are the same.

When I moved up to Elements 13 it was a very long and difficult process because all my photos were on Photoshop Album on XP on an old PC and I had to transfer in several stages via different trial versions of Elements, partly because Elements 13 won't run on XP and there is a procedure for moving from PC to MAC versions of Elements. The trial versions of Elements Organiser 11 and 13 which I used, continued to run past the 28 day trial period, they didn't stop working at all. So it's possible I still have the trial version of Elements 13 running - Is it possible that access to Revel is not allowed on a trial version?

Elements 13 photo and Premier Elements 13 Video editors are registered. I don't know how to determine if Organiser is a trial version and how to uninstall and reinstall it, if that's the problem. I assume Organiser is a 'subset' of Elements 13.

Hope this might shed some light. It seems a mess to me!

• 3. Re: Organiser 13 can't access Revel
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Mike-RM

Thanks for the reply. The Elements Organizer comes with the Premiere Elements installs, so there is no installing the Elements Organizer as a standalone that I have ever found myself or my others. It installs with Premiere Elements. You could look at an uninstall, free ccleaner run through, reinstall. But, to save time...

I think that you are likely to get your Elements Organizer 13/13.1 Mac Adobe Revel/Mobile Albums answer from the Adobe Revel Forum.

Revel

The moderators there should know the answer or be able to get it for you from its Adobe Revel associates.

Barbara Brundage at the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum has comprehensive knowledge of Elements Organizer. So, another great resource would be Barbara Brundage at the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum.

Photoshop Elements

We will be watching for your progress.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Organiser 13 can't access Revel
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Mike-RM

Please also check out my post 3, but I just remembered something that I may have overlooked.

So before you head over to the Adobe Revel Forum or the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum, please check out the following

Open the Elements Organizer.

Go to Edit Menu/Preferences/Online Account

and review the settings, especially Elements Agent.

Do you have that Online Account preference and the options that come with it?

ATR

• 5. Re: Organiser 13 can't access Revel
                  Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Also, where are you located? For a while, Revel was not available worldwide.

• 6. Re: Organiser 13 can't access Revel
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

SG

You are a Premiere Elements 13/Elements Organizer 13 Mac user and work within the United States.

Does your Elements Organizer 13 allow you to access Adobe Revel Albums that you have from within the Elements Organizer Mobile Albums feature?

ATR

• 8. Re: Organiser 13 can't access Revel
                      Mike-RM Level 1

Hi SG

I'm in UK, not USA. The Revel app works fine on all platforms apart from Elements Organiser 13 on my Macbook Air running the latest OS10 version, 10.10.3 Yosemite. I can take a photo with my iPhone, import to the Revel app and it instantly appears in the Revel app on my Macbook, but nothing in Elements Organiser. Should it appear automatically in Mobile Albums>'my library'? Or do I have to import it manually using the Import dropdown, where Import from Revel does not exist in my copy?

Interestingly in the left pane, on the Mobile Albums line, there is a small rotating wagon wheel to the left of the green +, where the red dot should be as shown in ATR's first post. Looks like it's trying to find something and failing. I'm definitely logged into my Adobe account, indicted by a blue 'sign out' on the first line of Preferences>On Line Account - Account setting.

• 9. Re: Organiser 13 can't access Revel
                        Mike-RM Level 1

PS -  the rotating wagon wheel, when hovered over, says 'updating (hundreds) of changes to Michaels Library. It's taking a long time, more than half an hour so far. I'll let you know if anything from Revel appears eventually. could it be slow because there are lost connections?

• 10. Re: Organiser 13 can't access Revel
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Mike-RM

Interesting developments with your "updating of changes to Michaels Library".

Did you get a chance to ask in the Adobe Revel Forum if you should expect the  Elements Organizer 13/13.1 Mobile Albums to work the same in Windows and Mac and in UK and USA?

I am posting a question over there about this matter, focus Mac vs Windows and UK vs USA related to Elements Organizer 13/13.1.

ATR

• 11. Re: Organiser 13 can't access Revel
                            Mike-RM Level 1

Bingo!! Problem solved! the iPhone photo finally appeared automatically in Organiser in the correct album after more than an hour of the rotating wagon wheel downloading. There is apparently no requirement for a manual Import from Revel option in V13. I'm wondering whether the agonisingly slow download is due to some lost connections. I'll get round to reconnecting them. Not sure why an almost new installation should loose connections though. Many thanks for your help, ATR, SG.

• 12. Re: Organiser 13 can't access Revel
                              Mike-RM Level 1

No, I didn't get round to posting on the Revel forum.  Maybe there are differences in how Organiser for PC and Mac treat Revel imports?

• 13. Re: Organiser 13 can't access Revel
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Mike-RM

Wonderful news. Thanks for staying with the issue and sorting through the details.

I was trying to let you know that I had asked your question just now in the Adobe Revel Forum, but I think that we were posting in your thread at the same time.

This is the link to the thread that I created in the Adobe Revel Forum on your issue

Are Elements Organizer 13/13.1 Mac Adobe Revel Mobil Albums Enabled for UK User?

Maybe we will get some insights there relating to cause and effect.

Very glad all worked out well for you.

Best wishes

ATR

• 14. Re: Organiser 13 can't access Revel
                                  Mike-RM Level 1

Well Revel IS synching with Elements organiser, BUT I'm getting an almost continuous spinning wagon wheel on the Mobile Albums line in the left pane. It seems to be continuously doing something. After cleaning out a lot of photos from Revel (I'd reached the 2GB limit) yesterday evening it seemed to import a few new photos from Revel after some time, maybe half an hour, but hovering over the spinning wheel said 'updating412 changes of "My" Catalogue. This statement also appears at bottom right of the window. So I lest it running and went to bed. In the morning it was still doing something and now says 'Updating 1058 changes of My Catalogue" !! Is it stuck or something? The Revel import behaviour seems really flaky.

Any thoughts?

• 15. Re: Organiser 13 can't access Revel
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Mike-RM

Thanks for the update.

I was disappointed that none of the regulars in the Adobe Revel Forum did not enter the thread that I posted there with your issue. But, perhaps they saw your success message (be it the accepted delayed action) and did not think the comments needed any follow up?

Perhaps it is time to start your own new thread in the Adobe Revel Forum to see if you can draw out the regulars to give input on Adobe Revel servers and performance.

Please remind me, have we gone through following which are from Windows perspective extrapolating them into a Mac situation

a. refreshing online services - Edit Menu/Preferences/Web Sharing

b. using a different default web browser - clearing Cached Web Content (Options/Advanced/Network)

c. Internet speed

d. router needing resetting

ATR

• 16. Re: Organiser 13 can't access Revel
                                      Mike-RM Level 1

Hi ATR. Thanks for keeping up with this one. As you say, disappointing that nobody else has joined in. I think I'll widen it to the Adobe Forum like you suggest.

Re your questions

a) Terminology is somewhat different on MAC. In Preferences there is no 'web sharing' tab. The nearest likely one is 'Adobe Partner Services' This has the following possibilities:

'Refresh' under 'check for services' - says it manually checks for new services.

Under 'Settings' there is

'Reset Accounts' - reset stored account information for all services

'Clear online service data' - clear online service data and Adobe online promotions

I tried clicking all three of these buttons, one at a time, and it didn't appear to change anything.

b) Is this in Organiser or my web browser (Safari - MAC standard browser)? I don't see anything like Options/Advanced/Network in Organiser anywhere. In Safari there is an option to Clear History and Website data, which says history will be removed from devices signed into my iCloud account - not sure I want to do this and whether it is likely to have any effect on Organiser, but i could give it a try.

c) Speed checker giving 8Mbps (normal for my connection) while this grindingly slow updating is going on.

d) that being the case I don't think the router needs resetting but I did that yesterday anyway and it didn't have any effect.

Right now I've taken one photo on my iPhone and imported it to Revel. Organiser started with updating about 1250 changes, ran down quite quickly to 1214, then it slowed right down, with the number dropping about 21 every 5 minutes. Now it seems stuck on 1203 and no sign of the  new photo now in Revel. There are no missing files to reconnect. As it stuck I tried closing and reopening Organiser and now no wagon wheel or trying to update.

• 17. Re: Organiser 13 can't access Revel
                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Mike-RM

Thanks for the update and looking at the Mac side of things.

At this point, I would not change anything until after contact with Adobe Revel Forum people.

It looks like Pattie F. would be a good person to contact. She is listed as a Top Participant and Adobe Employee.

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Pattie%20F

Please let us know if that is a viable path to follow to resolve this Adobe Revel situation.

Best wishes

ATR

• 18. Re: Organiser 13 can't access Revel
                                          Mike-RM Level 1

Thanks ATR. Before I go further with the forums, I just figured out that in Revel Preferences/General, 'Keep all Originals' was ticked. Not quite sure how this works, but my guess is that it's been trying to load all my photos on my computer and reaching my 2GB limit. I deleted a lot of photos in Revel to allow more space. But I suspect it then tries to reload all my photos. Then Organiser tries to reload large numbers of photos from Revel that have 'changed' each time I open it. I've unticked 'keep originals' and deleted lots of photos from Revel. I'll see if that solves the problem. At least I might have control over my allocated allowance.

Mike

• 19. Re: Organiser 13 can't access Revel
                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Mike

This sounds like a probably great break through in this issue.

We will be watching for further news.

Your results should be a major contribution to all those facing the same or similar Adobe Revel issue that you have been working through.

ATR

• 20. Re: Organiser 13 can't access Revel
                                              Mike-RM Level 1

Well, maybe - having deleted all but 100 photos (0.17GB used) Organiser is now only trying to update about 100 changes - looks promising. But it's still apparently not doing anything, or doing it extremely slowly - still stuck on the same number of changes after half an hour. And Revel is now loading more photos from somewhere without any request to do so.

I found a thread in the Photoshop Family forum that suggests others are having similar problems - Agent running continuously and taking up a load of cpu space http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/revel_agent_runs_continuously

• 21. Re: Organiser 13 can't access Revel
                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Mike

That was a great link that you found. Interesting links in the links as well.

ATR

• 22. Re: Organiser 13 can't access Revel
                                                  Mike-RM Level 1

ATR

Just posted the current problem on that thread. Maybe we'll get some response there!

Mike

• 23. Re: Organiser 13 can't access Revel
                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Mike

Please update me on your situation as your schedule permits.

Sometimes my email notifications get out of control. I want to be sure to follow your progress.

Thanks.

ATR

• 24. Re: Organiser 13 can't access Revel
                                                      Mike-RM Level 1

ATR

Will do. Thanks for your help and interest.

Mike

• 25. Re: Organiser 13 can't access Revel
                                                        Mike-RM Level 1

Well, after 2 weeks since my post on the Photoshop Family Revel page, asking how to control what Revel downloads - absolutely zero response! and that include 2 Revel employees! Very disappointing. Maybe I asked an embarrassing question.

• 26. Re: Organiser 13 can't access Revel
                                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Mike

Thanks for the update. Discouraging news.

However, ...I am not sure if we would be going to the same place but entering from a different door, but have you gone to the Adobe Revel web site and asked your question

Adobe Revel - Support

The page that should open from the above link invitingly states "Ask a Question. We'll look for answers."

Please let us know if the above finally got you the Adobe Revel answers that you sought.

Best wishes

ATR

• 27. Re: Organiser 13 can't access Revel
                                                            Mike-RM Level 1

Thanks ATR. I just posted the same question on the Adobe Revel - Support site as you suggested. I'll report back.

Mike