Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Early Road-Blocks: Advice and Tips

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This post is late-coming. But a few months, I experimented with Captivate for a couple of weeks and created a complete course.

In learning the software, I ran into a number of road-blocks that I had to deduce myself.

Since then, certain features may have been updated, or my understanding may be simply incorrect. Especially since this is cobbled from post-it notes and memory.

But here are  a few tips that I found to be invaluable information which may help you in getting started with Captivate, or if you're having a particular issue.

1. Use smartshape placeholder objects only.
    1. You can copy and paste smartshape placeholders. You cannot copy other types.
  2. To change size across the dynamic devices, within the filmstrip view, do the following:
    1. lock size and positive
    2. Change all values to % relative.
    3. If you change size with %relative in a master slide, the changes will not cross to the filmstrip.
  3. To change size in the master slide, your values must be the basic "%".
    1. I'm not 100% positive about this. My post-it note and memory is unclear.
  4. If you change the master slide, when you return to the filmstrip you must "reset" it.
    1. In other words, when you change a master slide, reset the filmstrip to update your changes.
  5. To apply properties to all views, you must be in the filmstrip view.
  6. Text margins are not responsive.

I hope this helps a few of you. If you find that any of this information is wrong, please feel free to correct me. I apologize for the lateness in posting.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?