1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 15, 2015 11:54 AM by A.T. Romano

Adobe Element 12 reverts to NSTC

johnc39390867

HiI am using Adobe Element 12 with an apple mac. When I start a new project my settings will always default to NSTC and not Pal. Is there a way I can make my project automatically default to PAL.

I am in England and need PAL.

Many thanks

John C

• 1. Re: Adobe Element 12 reverts to NSTC
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Johnc

Please look into the details in the following which represents the study I have done on this type of issue.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 11, 12, 13: More About Project Presets

If you have Premiere Elements 12, you should have seen a NTSC DV Format or PAL DV Format choice during the program installation.

This is the case for Premiere Elements 12 Windows. Since I am strictly an Elements Windows user I cannot confirm that for Premiere Elements 12 Mac installation.

There is a difference in the program automatic default project preset to the PAL AVCHD Full HD1080i30 (based on PAL TV Format set during installation) and the program automatically selecting a PAL project preset for a new project based on the properties of the first file dragged to the Timeline of a new project. Please read the details in the above link, and then we can talk about this some more.

To the point...if the project cannot automatically give you the correct project preset based on its analysis of the first video dragged to the Timeline, then the project gives its default project preset. If you have set for PAL TV Format during program installation, then you will get your project set to PAL AVCHD Full HD01080i25.

Any questions or need clarification, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR