3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2015 7:05 PM by A.T. Romano

How do I select SOny DV camcorder as media?

rdmayo

I have Premier Elements 8. WHen I connect the video camera I can select it as Media and see video from it.

I just installed Premier Elements 13 and I cannot find the video camera as input.

• 1. Re: How do I select SOny DV camcorder as media?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

rdmayo

Premiere Elements 13 does not have the DV and HDV data capture firewire into Premiere Elements Capture Windows feature as in earlier versions.

The last version to have this feature is Premiere Elements 12/12.1.

Adobe has posted suggested workarounds for this situation. Please see the following Adobe document

Removed features and unsupported file formats | Adobe Premiere Elements 13

You can also explore

Windows

WinDV   WinDV

HDVSplit  HDVSplit 0.77 beta

Mac

iMovie

Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do I select SOny DV camcorder as media?
            rdmayo Level 1

That sucks!

I have had 8 fir a long time and never used it. I tried recently and kept getting situations where video just stopped or hung. So I updated to 13 hoping for a more stable environment . Now to hear that it isn't supported.

Thank you for the bad news.

Sent from my iPhone

• 3. Re: How do I select SOny DV camcorder as media?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

rdmayo

Thanks for the reply.

Have you ever tried to troubleshoot Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 at the forum level?

Want to give that a try?

1. What were you doing - DV capture firewire or HDV capture firewire into the Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 capture window?

2. Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 critical questions

a. Were you running the program as the 8.0.1 Update?

b. Did you work with the automatic background rendering and autoanalyzer features disabled?

c. Did you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere ELements, and were you running the programs as administrator?

d. When you set up the project for the firewire capture, beforehand did you set the Premiere Elements project preset to match the properties of the capture, ex. NTSC or PAL DV standard if you captured DV data 4:3

NTSC or PAL DV Widescreen if you captured DV data 16:9

NTSC or PAL HDV HDV 1080i if you captured HDV data 16:9

3. Did you check the integrity of the firewire cable and the fireports?

4. What were your computer resources and did you point the Capture files to a hard drive space with lots of Free Space?

Consider.

Thanks.

ATR