4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2015 7:15 AM by Macker1078

Rendering Problems

Macker1078

When I render my video, it only converts the prel. file to audio, no video. I am selecting the HDTV 1080 29.27 High Quality. Am I doing anything wrong?

• 1. Re: Rendering Problems
          A.T. Romano Level 7

macker

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

Are you referring to rendering as in "export" or rather than as in Timeline rendering to get the best possible preview of the Timeline content when it is viewed in the Edit area monitor?

From your description, sounds like exporting...

1. Can you see and hear the file's video and audio in the Edit area before export?

2. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements, and are you running the programs as administrator?

3. What are the properties of the file that you are putting on the project's Timeline?

Video compression

Audio compression

Frame size

Frame rate

Interlaced or Progressive

File extension

Pixel Aspect Ratio

What are you (manually) or the project (automatically) setting as the project preset? See Edit Menu/Project Settings/General.)

From what you wrote it appears that you are going for a MPEG2.mpg export. Did you use the default settings of the preset or did you customize the export settings of the preset under the Advanced button/VIdeo Tab and Audio Tab of that preset?

Please consider and then give more details for us to help you.

Any question, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Rendering Problems
            Macker1078 Level 1
            1. Yes
            2. Yes
            3. -I don't know how to find video/audio compression

-1920x1080 29.97 fps

-Progressive

-.mpeg2

-Square Pixels 1.0

-I can't find the project preset. Unless it is .prel ?

I am using Premier Elements 13, running on Windows 8.1 x64bit. In terms of rendering, I am referring to exporting.

I used the default setting (HDTV 1080p 29.97 High Quality)

• 3. Re: Rendering Problems
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Macker

Thanks for the follow up.

If need be, you can determine the project preset that was set from the readings for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio (even if they look grayed out) under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General. But, we may not need that since you wrote

a. Your export is MPEG2.mpg

b. Your Premiere Elements is on Windows 8.1 64 bit.

But, you did not say what player you are using. That could be the key.

Windows Media Player in Windows 8 and 8.1 64 bit has a problem with playing video with MPEG2 video compression.The typical resolution is to use the VLC player for your video with MPEG2 compression when using the Windows 8 or 8.1 64 bit computer.

Please download and install the VLC player, and let us know if you obtained video and audio playback using it as your player.

VideoLAN - Official page for VLC media player, the Open Source video framework!

We will be watching for your progress.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Rendering Problems
                Macker1078 Level 1

Thank you.