15 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2015 7:47 PM by A.T. Romano

How to combine a 'A viedo project.prel' and a 'B video project .prel' ?

marusot

How to combine a 'A viedo project.prel' and a 'B video project .prel'  on the timeline of premiere Elements 11?

• 1. Re: How to combine a 'A viedo project.prel' and a 'B video project .prel' ?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

marusot

You cannot import one project file (.prel) into another project file (.prel). If you are using a Windows computer, you have 2 choices...

1. Export the Timeline of project 1 to a file saved to the computer hard drive, and then import that export into project 2. (Make sure the you keep the project settings and export settings consistent from project to project. We can talk about export format if necessary. Some prefer a Lagarith lossless codec.avi.

2. Use ClipMake (Windows Only) in conjunction with Premiere Element for a copy/paste into between Premiere Elements projects.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: ClipMate Copy/Paste Between Projects

I will revisit your tread in the morning morning for further comments.

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: How to combine a 'A viedo project.prel' and a 'B video project .prel' ?
            marusot Level 1

ATR

I made a mpg file to connect the two mpg files.

thank you

• 3. Re: How to combine a 'A viedo project.prel' and a 'B video project .prel' ?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

marusot

Thanks for the update.

You wrote

I made a mpg file to connect the two mpg files.

Did that turn out as you wanted? If not, please give more details, and I can suggest the specifics for an alternative export choice.

If all is OK, then you need not reply.

Best wishes

ATR

• 4. Re: How to combine a 'A viedo project.prel' and a 'B video project .prel' ?
                marusot Level 1

Hi

Frequently using font is located at the end of the font list in PremiiereElements11.

In the window of the font list there is no scroll bar. So I must take the hassle, each time I write text, in order to find the desired font

I want to specify the desired font by default, whenever I typing text, by default.

• 5. Re: How to combine a 'A viedo project.prel' and a 'B video project .prel' ?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

marusot

1. Premiere Elements 11 Expert workspace's Text Menu/New Text/Default Text

2. In the Text section of the Titler that opens

a. Select your font....in this example I selected Old English Text MT and set for Size 100 and Color White.

b. Click on the Styles section of the Titler to switch from Text section to Style section.

c. In the Style section, ONLY right click any Style thumbnail, and select Save Style from the drop down menu that appears. A new thumbnail is created in Styles for "Old English Text MT". Now ONLY right click this new thumbnail for "Old English Text MT", and select Set Style As Default.

d. Close out of the Titler.

e. Thereafter, the Titler should open with the default text of Old English Text MT 100 within the opened project and from project to project.

Does that work for you?

ATR

• 6. Re: How to combine a 'A viedo project.prel' and a 'B video project .prel' ?
                    marusot Level 1

ATR

I did as you guide.

I am very pleased with the result.

Thanks.

• 7. Re: How to combine a 'A viedo project.prel' and a 'B video project .prel' ?
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

marusot

Great news. Great job of follow through.

Thanks for letting us know the outcome.

Any questions or need clarification on your Premiere Elements workflows, please do not hesitate to ask. We are glad for the opportunity to be of assistance user to user.

Best wishes

ATR

• 8. Re: How to combine a 'A viedo project.prel' and a 'B video project .prel' ?
                        marusot Level 1

ATR

One more question.

On timeline, still image's default time Streching duration is 00,00,05,00.

I want to change the default value from 5 seconds to 3 seconds.

How can I change it?

• 9. Re: How to combine a 'A viedo project.prel' and a 'B video project .prel' ?
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

marusot

If your still is already on the Expert workspace Timeline, then right click the still, select Time Stretch, and in the Time Stretch dialog, change the duration from 00;00;05;00 to 00;00;03;00 (that represents hours;minutes;seconds;frames).

More details on how to change the duration for more than one at a time and additional details can be found

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: Timeline Still Duration Changes More Than One At A Time

It is late where I am so I will offer that link for now. If you need any more details on what I have written, please let me know, and I will post on this some more in the morning.

Thanks.

ATR

• 10. Re: How to combine a 'A viedo project.prel' and a 'B video project .prel' ?
                            marusot Level 1

Hi, ATR

I'm sorry to frequently asked questions and thanks to the friendly response.

I'm editing a video.

'Video A' is recorded in a long time ago and fame size is 720*480.

Another 'video B' is  recorded in recently and fame size is 1920*1080.

When I place the video A and B on timeline, and click play, videos seems to become full in the "play window".

Picture quality of the video B is clear and sharp but A is not clear and very poor.

I guess 'A is to be enlarged to the size of the B 1920*1080' that was the reason.

Without affecting of the picture quality and frame size of video B,

Can I set the video A to its original frame size 720*480?

• 11. Re: How to combine a 'A viedo project.prel' and a 'B video project .prel' ?
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

marusot

All questions are important. So do not hesitate to ask.

If you are letting the project establish the project settings, it analyzes the properties of the first file dragged to the Timeline and tries to match those properties with one of its project presets. Everything else that is taken to the Timeline after than will be governed by the project settings  based on that first file drag. So, if you drag the 1920 x 1080 in first, you will have a 1920 x 1080 project which has a 1920 x 1080 space in the Edit area monitor for editing. And, you would be bringing in the 720 x 480 into a 1920 x 1080 space. If you drag the 720 x 480 in first, you will have a 720 x 480 project which has a 720 x 480 space (4:3) or 872 x 480 space (almost 16:9) in the Edit Menu monitor. All the details on this are further compiled in the following

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2015/05/pe-11-12-13-more-about-project-presets.html

You probably do not need all those details right now, but I post them just in case.

So let us cut to your specific details...

When I place the video A and B on timeline, and click play, videos seems to become full in the "play window".

Picture quality of the video B is clear and sharp but A is not clear and very poor.

I guess 'A is to be enlarged to the size of the B 1920*1080' that was the reason.

Without affecting of the picture quality and frame size of video B,

Can I set the video A to its original frame size 720*480?

Lots of assumption, but....

1. I am assuming that you or the project have established 1920 x 1080 project settings (probably based on properties of first file dragged to Timeline).

And, I further assume that B = the 1920 x 1080 video first drag.

2. By default, the Edit Menu/Preferences/Default Scale to Frame Size is enabled. So, when you drag in your 720 x 480 (assumed widescreen), the project scales that resolution to fit the 1920 x 1080 space in the Edit area monitor. You can override the preference Default Scale to Frame Size when you are is in the opened project. To do that, right click your 720 x 480 and remove the check mark next to Scale to Frame Size in the pop up menu that appears. That does not stop you from clicking on the image in the monitor to bring up its bounding box and do some image scaling adjusts.

3. Make sure you have the right video selected when you want to make adjustments to it. Tip: right click the monitor, select Select, followed by the file name of the video that you want to adjust.

Please let us know if any of the above was the information that you sought.

Thanks.

ATR

• 12. Re: How to combine a 'A viedo project.prel' and a 'B video project .prel' ?
                                marusot Level 1

ATR

Thank you.

Your messages is just what I wanted.

• 13. Re: How to combine a 'A viedo project.prel' and a 'B video project .prel' ?
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

marusot

Wonderful news.

Remember, all questions are important. So, do not hesitate to ask if and when you need to a consult here on your workflow.

Best wishes

ATR

• 14. Re: How to combine a 'A viedo project.prel' and a 'B video project .prel' ?
                                    marusot Level 1

Hi ATR

Thank you for having the courage to have questions.

I checked available capacity of the hard disk  drive  C:

Checking results of available capacity was 65.8GB on June 15, 2015.

today it is 6.37GB.

Available capacity decreased rapidly.

I am afraid that my computer is not working, due to the lack of available capacity .

I did just only web surfing and Premier work.

I knew that a lot of rendered files saved on the hard disk c:/user/Appdata/roaming/ .

I think that saving rendering files is the causes of sharp decrease.

In order to prevent accidents to format the hard disk, as last June 15 2015.

1. Can I save the rendering files on D: drive hard-disk?

2. I suggest one thing.

After mading a video, rendered files are deleted automatically.

• 15. Re: How to combine a 'A viedo project.prel' and a 'B video project .prel' ?
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

marusot

Great job of identifying that hard drive situation.

Several factors can eat up hard drive space. I found out the hard way a while back that one way is doing System Restores.

But, on the Premiere Elements side of things, directing the Scratch Disks to a save location with lots of free hard drive space is important.

1. Preview files. Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks will let you set the location for those files that are automatically generated everytime you Timeline render. The files actually go into a folder named Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files Folder in the Adobe Folder (by default Windows Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/13.0). You can delete them. Consequences you would need to Timeline render the files involved if you felt you needed a best possible preview.

2. Conformed Audio files. Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks category for them is named Media Cache. The files actually go into a folder named Media Cache Files Folder in the Adobe Folder (by default Windows Documents/Adobe/Premiere/13.0). You can delete them. Consequence...the program will automatically generate them again when and if necessary.

3. Conformed Video files. See Edit Menu/Preferences/Media and the Media Cache Database area "clean button". Clean this area. Do not bother to try to relocate the actually saving place in the path shown in the Media Cache Database area in preferences. The Media Cache folder will generate itself back in the original Adobe location.

Except for the Conformed Video files, you can set a save location where there is enough space and a fast enough drive. Consider incorporating an external hard drive with 500 GB or more capacity into your working system.

Please let me know if you are OK with those details.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...the Adobe perspective on Scratch Disks

Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Working with scratch disks