2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2007 10:29 PM by Newsgroup_User

Orbiting Planets

twsims
      Hello Everyone,

I am pretty much a noob when it comes to flash. HOwever, I am eager to learn and a project I have decided to pursue involves orbiting items around a central figure. Just like plantes orbiting around the sun. Does anyone have any how - to items or where I should begin. I have all the movie clips, symbols and buttons necessary just putting them all together is my problem. I have done programming in the past for Java, C# and the like so I shouldn't be too lost with any instructions.
        • 1. Re: Orbiting Planets
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          here's a carousel effect that's being discussed on another thread right now.

• 2. Re: Orbiting Planets
            Level 7

twsims wrote:
            > Hello Everyone,
            >
            > I am pretty much a noob when it comes to flash. HOwever, I am eager to learn
            > and a project I have decided to pursue involves orbiting items around a central
            > figure. Just like plantes orbiting around the sun. Does anyone have any how -
            > to items or where I should begin. I have all the movie clips, symbols and
            > buttons necessary just putting them all together is my problem. I have done
            > programming in the past for Java, C# and the like so I shouldn't be too lost
            > with any instructions.

You could do it as suggested in other reply, with code, or you could do it with
            simple masking and motion tween. Old but still valid tutorial of such :
            (motion tween and masking)

http://www.cbtcafe.com/flash/3dtext/page3.html

--
            Best Regards

Urami

--

!!!!!!! Merry Christmas !!!!!!!
            &
            Happy New Year

<urami>
            If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
            </urami>