9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2015 11:54 AM by A.T. Romano

What videos can i put into after effects?

craigr91391236 Level 1

Say i made a video,Not an original video, i mean one ive made with music, sounds ect.. Does it have to be adobe premeire pro that can be the only one to them put into after effects? Or can it be any video editor made file? I know its an after effects program, so i make the video then after its finished i use after effects. What happens then, Does after effects play sound? When im done with after effects can it be then made into a movie? Im just wondering how this all works before i decide to buy. 

Buy the way ive put premiere elements as a community im in. Im not in any community. I had premiere elements as a free trial. And id like to make films as a hobby, to enjoy.

• 1. Re: What videos can i put into after effects?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You can use video output from pretty much any video editor in After Effects. You can certainly use After Effects in a workflow with Premiere Elements.

Meantime, if you're looking for some basic understanding Premiere Elements, you may want to check out my free 8 part Basic Training with Premiere Elements tutorial series. It's a great way to get started.

*** Welcome to Muvipix.com ***

• 2. Re: What videos can i put into after effects?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

craigr

You appeared to have asked this question the other day. The focus seemed to be imports into Adobe After Effects.

What created videos can i put into after effects?

Have you seen my reply to you there?

The following is a copy of my reply to you there

craigr

Please re-post your question in the Adobe After Effects Forum to get information on the Supported Import Formats for Adobe After Effects.

After Effects

Once we have that information, we can tell you how to get such a format in an export from Premiere Elements.

But, please say which version of Premiere Elements and on what operating system it is running. What version of After Effects?

To start you on the process of getting the information that you seek, please check out the Adobe document on Supported Import Formats

Supported file formats | After Effects CS4

which you can confirm with the After Effects people.

Thank you.

ATR

Did you follow through by posting your question in the Adobe After Effects Forum in order to verify supported import formats.

You can do that whether you have a tryout or purchased program.

Looking forward to your follow up in the thread that we are in now.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: What videos can i put into after effects?
              craigr91391236 Level 1

So what your saying is i can use any created video{not original video} edited program and import it into after effects? Sorry but your response isn't very clear to me with great detail.

When you say i can use after effects in workflow with p elements, what do you mean, can you please explain further?

• 4. Re: What videos can i put into after effects?
                craigr91391236 Level 1

I did post this question in adobe after effects forum, I was on after effects page it said at the top of the page as i was typing this message. I dont understand why your telling me i haven't.

The trial version, which has ended was premeire elements 13 on windows 8.1, the after effects is just called adobe after effects.

I have looked at the formats page you gave me, it takes many, im not sure what format my videos are, but i have a format converter. I think itll take my vids, as it take MP4. but what i really wanted to know was what created videos{no original} edited on a video editer can be imported on to after effects to then use. {What programs} Adobe prem pro, premeire elements, Wondershare, Windows movie maker?

• 5. Re: What videos can i put into after effects?
                  craigr91391236 Level 1

I have tryed downloading free trial, it seems to need another program to be downloaded, im guessing premiere elements and pro.

I have downloaded free trial of after effects before, i managed to download it because my free trial was active on premiere elements 13. Is it possible to try free trial again,cus i wanted download again to have another go, last time i downloaded it looked very complex and i thought it would be far too difficult for me, but ive thought again because its the best, only program thats seems good enough for what im after. and i can watch tutorials and learn. Is it possible to download free trial again, if i could?

• 6. Re: What videos can i put into after effects?
                    Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What video format you use in your workflow between After Effects and Premiere Elements depends on what  you plan to do with it.

If it's a high-def project, you should use the M2T or MTS format.

If it's a standard def video project, you should use the DV-AVI.

• 7. Re: What videos can i put into after effects?
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

craigr

Thanks for the reply and giving me the opportunity to clarify.

I have gone to your Adobe Forums profile to search for threads that you have created. I can find no threads with your Adobe ID in the Adobe After Effects Forum. All I find are threads that you have created in the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum. And, if I go directly to the Adobe After Effects Forum, I see no threads created by you there.

After Effects

I worried that you were not taking advantage of getting valuable detailed After Affects information  from the MVPs who specialize in that area. Consequently, I wrote in post 2

Did you follow through by posting your question in the Adobe After Effects Forum in order to verify supported import formats.

You can do that whether you have a tryout or purchased program.

I do not use Adobe After Effects, otherwise I would be going into great detail on your Adobe After Effects workflow. And, your questions about downloading problems/requirements related to Adobe After Effects problems is best directed to the Adobe After Effects people in their forum. The second program that you need may be the Adobe Application Manager and not Premiere Pro or Premiere Elements. I do not know for sure.

If you have a thread posting problem that is holding you back in the communications, then the Adobe Forum Comments Forum is a good please to sort out that type of posting situation. Forum comments

I can go into great Premiere Elements detail (step by step) once I know what Adobe After Effects needs from it to obtain the end product that you seek.

Also, in my search through your Adobe Forums threads, I found one (from April 2015) on Split Screen that was not answered. I have answered that now. After you get finished with this After Effects matter, please check out the Split Screen thread. How to get rid of black bars when doing cloning thing

We want you to succeed.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On..

System requirements | After Effects

• 8. Re: What videos can i put into after effects?
                        Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can import a whole bunch of formats in AE but what are you planning to do with those files.

Learning curve is very high for AE and it is not a program where you push a button and its all done for you.

You have to do everything yourself. It all boils down to creativity. Because if you do not know what you want AE will certainly not do it for you.

BTW You cannot download a trial for the second time on the same machine.

• 9. Re: What videos can i put into after effects?
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Ann Bens

You have just posted a great Adobe After Effects link in one of craigr's other threads on this topic relating to Premiere Elements export in After Effects project.

Great link on Adobe After Effects 2015 and its information on interpreting footage

After Effects Help | Importing and interpreting footage items

I wanted to make sure craigr saw your contribution so I am mentioning your posted link in this thread also.

Thanks.

ATR