• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC 2015 crash on El Capitan

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, El Capitan is a beta, and the solution is install InDesgin CC 2014 and wait for patch, but some one have to start the warning

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Solved: disabled the auto-hide of the menu bar and all goes

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved: disabled the auto-hide of the menu bar and all goes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Than you, Fearandil.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fearandil… I want to kiss you right now. MY HERO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2015 Oct 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh man you're my hero too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works! THX!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2015 Oct 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy crap that actually worked!! Thanx tons. I was already looking to downgrade to Yosemite. But it kinda makes sense that without an menu bar what would the application frame attach to. What a silly glitch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It also crashes on Yosemite! Seems to be a problem of new CC 15 version... disable auto-hide helps! hope this will be fixed soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 02, 2015 Oct 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after disabled the auto-hide of the menu bar

you can enable the application frame from window menu for InDesign
and you can enable the auto-hide of the menu bar again if you like ^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2015 Oct 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excuse my ignorance. Where can I find the auto-hide option to disable? Help did not show me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 03, 2015 Oct 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

apple icon - system preferences... - General - Automatically hide and show the menu bar "uncheck it"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is located under system preferences > General > under Appereance. Look up the screen shot

Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 3.23.52 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Fearandil, you are also my hero!

By disabling the auto-hide of the menu bar in OS X 10.11 El Capitan, I can use InDesign CC 2015 again! Oh man, thank you so much! That bug was driving me crazy for the last 4 days since I upgraded to the stable release of OS X 10.11, either Apple or Adobe has to figure out what the problem is with that little hiccup. But, for now, Fearandil's solution works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is located under system preferences > General > under Appereance. Look up the screen shot

Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 3.23.52 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do not turn off menu bar auto hide, if you move mouse up and menu is shown when you launch Indesign, it also works well))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This make sense! Good news, so even me can use this feature, finally Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So many lifesavers in this forum. Thanks guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I just posted a question in complete desperation!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is so stupid!

I really liked the autohide function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2015 Oct 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow that is so stupid that little auto hide function Cost me a few Thousand rands I could not get my indesign to launch. And the client took the work elsewhere. How frustrating is that.

I too like the auto hide function.

Thanks how on earth did you find that out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Logoking‌ I grabbed my backup iMac out of my storage unit which had earlier versions of OS X and Adobe CC. Finished client work but lost a few days in between. Client retained. Good learning experience for everyone reading… even if its a dinosaur: have a backup machine handy. Otherwise, it could cost you time, money, clients, and your professional reputation.

~joel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AWESOME! That is the most RIDICULOUS cause for a problem, but it worked! I loved that new function, too. Oh well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is not working for me.... And I can't work... Am getting crazy.

Indesign crashes unexpectly, text box dissapearing for few seconds, documents blockede, error message of out of memory (16gb???not enough) and it's worst since I download 10.11.1.....

Please help me.

How can I contact straight to Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe they put an update through today that broke everybody's in design, I've been having the same trouble. I just put 2014 on. Thanks for forwarding that, I wondered if it was just me

mv

from my mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2015 Oct 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU, everyone. You're SO awesome. I almost lost a deadline because of this issue. It was SO annoying and frustrating…

Shame on Adobe: the updates are getting worse each version, support is atrocious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines