• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nik/Topaz/onOne won't install on CC 2015

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I installed CC 2015.  The installation went fine except that, a) none of my additional editing software (Nik, onOne, Topaz, etc.) is linked to CC 2015, b) my PS CC 2014 app was removed, and c) none of the installation scripts for Nik, Topaz, DxO FilmPak or onOne Perfect Photo 8.5 recognize CC 2015.  In other words, I have zero access to the tools I need to create.

I've contacted the vendors individually, and expect updated install scripts for currently available software.  But I have no intention of upgrading some things, like Perfect Photo 8.5 which is now in version 9, and I suspect that they will not be issuing install scripts for old software to recognize CC 2015.  This is a HUGE problem and I expect Adobe to figure out how to fix it.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Yes, Adobe mentioned earlier that third plugins might not work with CC 2015  .

You may reinstall Photoshop CC 2014 again .

I guess you had referred below link :

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-2015-updates.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Adobe mentioned earlier that third plugins might not work with CC 2015  .

You may reinstall Photoshop CC 2014 again .

I guess you had referred below link :

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-2015-updates.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, dude.  I never saw the box to retain old stuff - not that it was plain as day.  At least I can recover the old s/w, though I suspect I'll need to reinstall everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Topaz Complete Collection in Photoshop CC 2015 without any problems. All my presets are there as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nik is running well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please tell me how I can get my Nik filters up and running with PS CC 2015, which I installed earlier today and which to my frustration, doesn't appear to support my Nik filters.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you had Nik up and running all you need to do is go to the website and download the latest software.  It will be located under the Trial link but once installed it will recognize the licenses you have and function fully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying to help.  I still can't use my Nik filters in Photoshop CC 2015 despite having done what you suggested, i.e. download a free trial.  I didn't think it would work, since during the download process, a box on the screen said it was for Lightroom 5 or Lightroom 6.  No mention of Photoshop.  Very frustrating!  I wish I hadn't 'upgraded' to Photoshop CC 2015 now - and I can't get 2014 back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here Nik and Perfect Effects are OK. I simply re-intalled NIK (trial version). For Perfect Effects I just followed - Adobe CC 2015 & ON1 Compatibility – ON1 Support

I am Mac User.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only plug-ins that were a problem on my iMac were the Topaz ones.  Fortunately, I do a lot of work in Lightroom, and the Topaz plug-ins all work from there.  I would like them to work in PS again, but none of the work-arounds solved that problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, for most plugins, there's no need to reinstall. Since PS CC 2015 installs in a new folder and since the installer is leaving alone all the files that did not belong to the initial PS CC 2014 install, one just has to copy the plugins folder from the 2014 folder to the 2015 folder (unless you deleted the 2014 folder too fast).

I did this for all my plugins without any problem. However, as mentioned in the ON1 document, the ON1 panels don't work in 2015. You have to use the File | Automate menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Samoeen,

YOURS is the right answer.  Worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I download NIK as a trial as suggested, reinstalled worked perfectly. Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this fix. I simply C+P the contents of my 2104 Plug ins folder to the 2015 Plug ins folder and all is well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2015 Jun 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copied the Google folder containing the NIK filters and all of our Topaz filters from the Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 folder within the Program Files folder to the Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 folder.  We are running Windows 7.  However when we launch photoshop NIK and Topaz now appear in the filter list, but are greyed out.  What else do I need to do?  Thank you for your assistance.  Also any idea what to do since Photoshop Batch process is now missing from Bridge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2015 Jun 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Nik website and download the latest "trial" software and install it.  It'll accept the license already installed.  Everything works fine for me, though Color Efex will sometimes hang when I invoke it (once every 4-5 times) so save your work before you invoke it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2015 Sep 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. Yours was the right answer! Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2015 Oct 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the simplest way.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2015 Dec 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simpler:  rather than copy files, just add an alias to the CC2014 Plugins directory to the new CC2015 Plugins directory (and also save some HD space).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just copied my 2014 adobe plugins folder items to the 2015 version and almost all is working except extensions of onone software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what worked for me...this after 4 hours of head banging.  I reinstalled Nik using the Nik Install App. and then added it to the Adobe Plugin file--not in the Generator.  I'm guessing that downloading the trial version would accomplish the same thing.  BTW  I noticed that this version of NIK is compatible with Photoshop CC 2015 hence a third party plug-in incompatibility should not be a concern.

Update.  All seemed to go well with NIK until I tried opening a file and then what seemed like success evaporated.  However, downloading a trial version of the NIK and re-installing the program did work.  I've been using it for a week with no problems.  Note:  I reinstalled a Trial version which automatically linked the program with Photoshop.  In the steps I first stated, where I reinstalled my old version, the NIK options "page" appeared but was not functional.  Sorry.  Once I saw the inset of Nik tools, I assumed it would function.  Alas, no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

simply C+P the contents of my 2104 Plug ins folder to the 2015 Plug ins folder and all is well. bingo easy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup me too, copied plug ins across and all workeded - including 'imagenomic portraiture - which i had to MOVe form the ps folder into the ps.plugin folder 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2015 Jun 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got all my plugins to work in CC 2015, however, for the Nik suite, I can only access them using the "Nik Collection Selective Tool."  It won't let me access them from the filter menu - although they are listed there.  Is everyone having that same problem and is there a work around.  I prefer accessing them from the filter menu.  I use the Mac w/ Yosemite OS.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines