17 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2015 2:48 PM by Bob Somrak

Lightroom Dehaze

newretreads42

When will I be able to update Lightroom CC so I can use the dehaze tool?

• 1. Re: Lightroom Dehaze
          F. McLion Adobe Community Professional & MVP

How about now?

Try to sign off and back in if you don't see the update: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/sign-in-out-activate-apps.html

• 2. Re: Lightroom Dehaze
            davidb45330637

I just signed in to Adobe, then out, restarted LR CC.  No change.  Still no dehazer.

• 3. Re: Lightroom Dehaze
              deepakg1988 Adobe Employee

Hi David,

Can you click on help and choose About Photoshop Lightroom. What is the version of the Lightroom it should be 2015.1.1.

Also make sure in the develop module there will be a camera calibration panel, in the camera calibration panel the process version should be 2012

Thanks

• 4. Re: Lightroom Dehaze
                ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

In LR CC do:

Help / Sign Out (Your AdobeID Email)

Help / Sign In

Help / Updates...

• 5. Re: Lightroom Dehaze
                  ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Once you have LR CC 2015.1.1, Dehaze is at the bottom of the Effects panel section in Develop.  If the Effects section is not visible then right-click on one of the other sections and put a checkmark next to Effects to enable that section:

• 6. Re: Lightroom Dehaze
                    davidb45330637 Level 1

Lightroom version: 5.7.1 [994254]

Version: 1414:008c:0000:0000

This is what I see under 'system Info."

I've tried signing out, signing in, and checking for updates.  Msg states Lightroom is up to date, no updates available.

Still no change in autoplay/import photoes when inserting SD card and still no DeHaze option.

Considering the mandatory subscription (in order to read new-camera files) it'd be nice to have access to updates without losing any features.   Got no DeHaze and now have lost ability to import images when inserting an SD card into the computer.  And now I spend draining time in some forum instead of importing photos!  This means LR-CC sucks, which is why I avoided it as long as possible..

• 7. Re: Lightroom Dehaze
                      Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

Hi davidb

We Apologize for the Inconvenience

Lightroom version: 5.7.1 [994254]

You have Lightroom 5.7.1 installed which does not have the Dehaze Feature.

The latest version is 2015.1.1.

Image result for Lightroom CC install

Let us know if installing the Lightroom CC also solves the other Problem you have.

~Akash

• 8. Re: Lightroom Dehaze
                        davidb45330637 Level 1

Thanks for the recommendations so far.  I tried your suggestion.  LR tells me all up to date, no updates available.  See above reply for my LR version.  Not seeing anything related to the 2015.11 you mention.  Advice?

I still have no DeHazer and am not able to import photos at this time.  LR will not open when I insert an SD card. The SD card is unlocked.  In my Windows system/ Autoplay it is set to the most reasonable option that I see, which is 'Import Photos (Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.0 64)

Suggestions please?

• 9. Re: Lightroom Dehaze
                          davidb45330637 Level 1

Thank you.  I'll take a look at this and let you know.

• 10. Re: Lightroom Dehaze

Make sure in Creative Cloud Application,Latest Versions is Expanded and Find Additional Apps is set to show "All Apps".

Capture.PNG Capture.5PNG.PNG

Or you can Click on this link https://creative.adobe.com/products/download/lightroom?promoid=KSPGB

Sign in with your Adobe ID

Click Launch Application

Does it start installing Lightroom CC 2015?

In Lightroom 5   Do you have the option to Launch Lightroom upon inserting card checked

Preferences> General tab> Import options> Select "Show import dialog when a memory card is detected"

~Akash

• 11. Re: Lightroom Dehaze
                              Jeff Schewe Level 5

Also note that the Process Version must be PV 2012. PV 2010 and 2003 will not allow Dehaze to work.

• 12. Re: Lightroom Dehaze
                                davidb45330637 Level 1

I expanded 'all apps.'  A dropdown menu appears that takes me nowhere - back to the opening options of LR and PS.  I can open up Lightroom CC ( 2015) from that menu and this is what I now show in Help>System Info: Lightroom version: CC 2015.1.1 [ 1032027 ]

and this:  Version: 6.3 [9600          and this:  Version: 1414:008c:0000:0000

You wrote:  Or you can Click on this link https://creative.adobe.com/products/download/lightroom?promoid=KSPGB

This is what I get at that link.  Imagine that!

We are currently experiencing some issues, please try again later. If the problem persists, contact customer support.

Yes, the box is still checked for "Show import dialog when a memory card is detected"  under Edit>Preferences.  I've clicked 'okay' and restarted LR and reinserted the SD card several times.

You state:  Also note that the Process Version must be PV 2012. PV 2010 and 2003 will not allow Dehaze to work.

So, what do I do to satisfy the "must" part of the statement?  .

LR CC is the ultimate failure of what was a very good program.  I understand that I should periodically check for updates, which is set for automatic reminders, which I've done.  Now the new and improved mandated Lightroom CC does not function.  I am unable to import photographs, when in the past with LR3 there never was an issue.  I was forced into CC after purchasing a new camera because Adobe/LR decided to not allow that version to read files.  Since LR3 was a good enough program, I made the decision to 'upgrade' to LR CC, which is proving to be everything I expected.

• 13. Re: Lightroom Dehaze

Hi davidb

I have sent you a Private Message.Please reply to that,

~Akash

• 14. Re: Lightroom Dehaze
                                    Scags

Last Adobe product I will ever pay for. I get letting the people paying your subscriptions getting first access, but when you roll out 200mb+ updates and don't include it for people that have paid full price for your software, you are just being insulting. I don't need or want any of your CC features. I need and want software I pay for to get the same features, if just a little later.

Time to research alternatives, even if they aren't as good, I bet they won't shaft people willing to give them money.

• 15. Re: Lightroom Dehaze
                                      JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You say you don't need or want CC, but then you also say that you want features that are only available in the CC version. It was made known from the beginning of Lightroom 6 that there would be no feature updates. Actually, that is the way the standalone version of Lightroom has been marketed all along. We would have to wait for new major upgrades to get new features. I don't understand how you can choose to purchase the standalone version that clearly states there will be no feature updates, and then be angry with Adobe because you don't get all the new features.

• 16. Re: Lightroom Dehaze
                                        Tanja2014 Level 2

before CC there was no problem to make point updates with new features.. suddenly there is.

it is simply a way to force people to buy into subscription.

then adobe can feed us buggy updates.... i mean what can we do? stamp with our feets?

we are hooked now until we find a better alternative.

for me capture one looks better and better with every week.

• 17. Re: Lightroom Dehaze
                                          Bob Somrak Level 5

Tanja2014 wrote:

before CC there was no problem to make point updates with new features.. suddenly there is.

Before CC there were never updates with new features except for maybe the .1 release.  You always had to wait for the new version.  I don't know what all the complaining is about.   If you want the feature updates, pay to play in the CC game or be happy with the standalone.