19 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2015 3:55 PM by Energize

Dreamweaver CC 2015, extensions manager not working

chloeob Level 1

I have just installed Dreamweaver CC2015, the extensions manager will not install extensions fro Dreamweaver.'This extension can not be installed, it requires Dreamweaver 12.0 or greater.'

• 1. Re: Dreamweaver CC 2015, extensions manager not working
          Sheena Kaul Adobe Employee

Hi Chloe,

This seems to be a known issue and the team is working to fix it.

Please refer to the announcement for the same: Dreamweaver support forum

Regards,

Sheena

• 2. Re: Dreamweaver CC 2015, extensions manager not working
            Sumit Singh Adobe Employee

Hi Chloe,

Please refer the following page regarding the same.

https://www.adobeexchange.com/resources/27

Regards,

Sumit Singh

• 3. Re: Dreamweaver CC 2015, extensions manager not working
              ALsp Adobe Community Professional

Adobe personnel have no clue what is happening. We were able to get Extension Manager CC to work perfectly with Dreamweaver CC2015. The trick is to completely remove all prior CC versions of Dreamweaver, including user configuration folders. Then uninstall Extension Manager CC. Then install Dreamweaver CC 2015. Then look under prior apps and locate and install Extension Manager CC (even though the version number is the same it is DIFFERENT). Now launch EM CC from the application desktop and install your extensions (ZXP format). See captures...

EM.jpg

2015.jpg

We'll try to compare several different configurations and write up a process. The bottom line is this is a huge example of sloppy programming. Adobe seems to be attempting to coerce extension developers into using their marketplace. I would imagine, given the state of Dreamweaver's current quality, that the marketplace might be a stronger profit center than Dreamweaver itself. The architecture of Dreamweaver CC 2015 is not changed. Extensions are installed the same way. Adobe simply chose to take that ability away from users. And users will suffer financially because of it. Think Adobe. Put your damn thinking caps on and try to get out of your own way. This is all so pathetic.

Regards,

Al Sparber

Co-Founder Projectseven.com

The finest Dreamweaver Extensions since 1998

• 4. Re: Dreamweaver CC 2015, extensions manager not working
                IronADDT Level 1

Adobe simply chose to take that ability away from users. And users will suffer financially because of it. Think Adobe. Put your damn thinking caps on and try to get out of your own way. This is all so pathetic.

+1, totally agree!!!

• 5. Re: Dreamweaver CC 2015, extensions manager not working
                  emaginator

Thank you. Agree that Adobe has lost its focus on customer, hope they return.Thank you Al Sparber @ Projectseven!

• 6. Re: Dreamweaver CC 2015, extensions manager not working
                    Energize Adobe Community Professional

Can I suggest you look at building a standalone app for web design/layout ....on the development/coding side people are happy to use Sublime or similar editor but I'm not sure what worthwhile apps are out there that offer good visual/layout tools for responsive web design.

Adobe seem intent on killing off third party add-ons and extensibility ... it seems to be all about subscriptions, forcing people to upgrade and control ... Where are the viable options to Adobe now, where's the competition since Macromedia was purchased and systematically dismantled....

What you must do is look for viable alternatives to Adobe wherever possible .....

• 7. Re: Dreamweaver CC 2015, extensions manager not working

Adobe isn't looking to kill third-party add-ons. They are looking to force people to use their marketplace. It's a terrible business decision and, from the developers we know, who have put extensions up on Adobe's store, it is a waste of time as the sales are very slow compared to the sales directly through the developer sites. Add to that the fact that it forces existing extension users to buy the product all over again (at 30% higher price) and you see how dumb Adobe is about this. The director of the marketplace actually told someone on another forum that if they need to acquire a copy of an already purchased extension for CC 2015, they can set up a buddy link with the developer. Yeah, right. We have over 20,000 customers. I can just imagine sitting at my desk emailing several hundred people to clean up a mess caused by Adobe. In my opinion, the head of the marketplace either is under orders to make it profitable, or he sold Adobe a bill of goods about making it work and now his only option is coercion. I would call it extortion, but I'm too polite

• 8. Re: Dreamweaver CC 2015, extensions manager not working
                        recyclepaper

I have not installed Dreamweaver CC 2015, still suffering with the infinitely bug-ridden Dreamweaver CC 2014.1. I have not updated any Adobe software to CC 2015 versions, except for the Lightroom CC 2015 release of 51 days ago. Now, however, even though all of my ProjectSeven 3rd party purchased products show up in Extension Manager Version: 7.3.2.39 seem to be installed in Extension Manager, none are showing up in Dreamweaver CC 2014.1. Uninstalls, reinstalls, dumping caches, jumping preferences files, and a day of attempted work arounds still has me sitting here on Sunday, Father's Day still trying to make simple changes to web pages but unable to because of inept Adobe product managers. And still paying you money. Customers are apparently not a concern of Adobe.

• 9. Re: Dreamweaver CC 2015, extensions manager not working

recyclepaper wrote:

I have not installed Dreamweaver CC 2015, still suffering with the infinitely bug-ridden Dreamweaver CC 2014.1. I have not updated any Adobe software to CC 2015 versions, except for the Lightroom CC 2015 release of 51 days ago. Now, however, even though all of my ProjectSeven 3rd party purchased products show up in Extension Manager Version: 7.3.2.39 seem to be installed in Extension Manager, none are showing up in Dreamweaver CC 2014.1. Uninstalls, reinstalls, dumping caches, jumping preferences files, and a day of attempted work arounds still has me sitting here on Sunday, Father's Day still trying to make simple changes to web pages but unable to because of inept Adobe product managers. And still paying you money. Customers are apparently not a concern of Adobe.

Shoot an email to our support address. List your phone number and a convenient time to call, if you would like to speak to us. I'm sure we can walk you through things.

--

Al

• 10. Re: Dreamweaver CC 2015, extensions manager not working
                            mzografski Level 1

Hello,

Try using DMXzone.com Extensions Manager. So far it appears to support other extensions vendors as well.

https://www.dmxzone.com/go/22670/dmxzone-extension-manager-for-dreamweaver

Regards,

>MZ<

• 11. Re: Dreamweaver CC 2015, extensions manager not working
                              recyclepaper Level 1

Thanks Al,

The DMXzone.com Extension Manager provided a temporary fix. Good for now.

Best regards,

Steven

• 12. Re: Dreamweaver CC 2015, extensions manager not working
                                recyclepaper Level 1

Thanks, that worked for now.

• 13. Re: Dreamweaver CC 2015, extensions manager not working
                                  James PK Level 1

'Alsp's suggestion sounds about right, much as I dread the chore.

In the meantime,a full two weeks has gone by since the last post, we may note that the issue(s) are still not fixed, and there is no further word or update from Adobe; as a courtesy; and that even the main intended course/direction of the product seems unsure of itself.

To think that I once revered the foreign software engineering talent that has hastened the pace of Adobes re-versioning empire. I get the sense that most of the 1990's coders at Adobe are retired now and that currently there is a culturally different, one might say under-disciplined thing that results from being emancipated into a dominant US based company. There seems to be no detectable gratitude for some reason. There is no apparent shame in making mistakes or being ill-prepared.

I don't mind "dreading" a chore. I was just rather preferring not to have to resent it as well.

• 14. Re: Dreamweaver CC 2015, extensions manager not working

Its all about the bottom line $$$$$$$ ... ... Apparently I'm told the development team for Dreamweaver is very small compared to some of their other software ... I somehow think that Adobe never understood Dreamweaver users and saw no future for Dreamweaver, think they thought everyone would jump on the CMS bandwagon and the need for an evolving Dreamweaver as a full web design/development tool would diminish..... As far as I understand it the Interakt team were/are used for Adobe's Business Catalyst. Interakt built the best extensions for Dreamweaver and were equally as good at providing support for their products in all formats .... Adobe actually sucks and there seems to be little transparency, the company is too big and they know that they can buyout any new software kids on the block if they look promising or start eating into their market share!! ....

• 15. Re: Dreamweaver CC 2015, extensions manager not working
                                      Robert Souza Level 1

This is absolutely terrible. Even in the interim they should've phased it out later on with the ability to install legacy extensions... But the fact that this has happened has really turned me off on CC 2015... I have a ton of extensions that I use to help designs in Dreamweaver and this just screws with my complete workflow. To top things off if I had upgraded and then not been able to use my extensions I could loose a ton of $$$... Not really liking the way Adobe is going or treating their customer base.

• 16. Re: Dreamweaver CC 2015, extensions manager not working

Has anyone posted this link for people who have upgraded to DW CC 2015 and need a convenient way to install thirds party extensions:

Zxp Installer

Not used myself but thought I'd post here as it may be useful

• 17. Re: Dreamweaver CC 2015, extensions manager not working
                                          Alo Lohrii Adobe Employee

Extension Manager CC life ended, therefore extensions for CC 2015 apps are no longer installed through the Extension Manager CC. Instead you can now distribute your extensions via www.adobeexchange.com publicly or if you have to distribute privately, use the Extension Manager Command Line Tools.

Read more details here: https://www.adobeexchange.com/resources/27

ExManCmd.exe can be downloaded here:

Win: https://www.adobeexchange.com/ExManCmd_win.zip

Mac: https://www.adobeexchange.com/ExManCmd_mac.zip

Note:

• For CC 2015 apps, do not use the ExManCmd.exe located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Extension Manager CC to install as pointed out in some articles. Instead, download and use the latest ExManCmd tools from above links. Otherwise you may ran into install errors
                                          • For CC 2014 apps, you may still use the Extension Manager CC application to install extensions.

• 18. Re: Dreamweaver CC 2015, extensions manager not working

Are you copying this from a script? Perhaps a class action suit is the real "best" answer

• 19. Re: Dreamweaver CC 2015, extensions manager not working

Copy and paste .... I think Adobe staff on these forums just get hung out to dry ... Adobe suck but there's nothing anyone can do about it, they're so big now they'll squeeze every last dollar out of everyone and do whatever they want .... What worries me is that every time a worthy piece of software emerges that challenges an Adobe product of cuts into their products they'll either buy the company or sue the sh*t out of them if any of the software features look remotely like anything Adobe have patented .... There was a very long running legal tit for tat infringements of patents ongoing between Macromedia and Adobe I dunno if that had any baring on  Adobe eventually buying out Macromedia, maybe it was a softening up process I don't understand these things so couldn't comment either way.....