8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2015 7:31 AM by A.T. Romano

There does not appear to be a Premiere elements forum. My PE12 will not recognise my DVD Bluray burner the error message says "Media not present" tried different new discs and also DVD it's the same

aggro

There does not appear to be a Premiere elements forum. My PE12 will not recognise my DVD Bluray burner the error message says "Media not present" tried different new discs and also DVD it's the same

• 2. Re: There does not appear to be a Premiere elements forum. My PE12 will not recognise my DVD Bluray burner the error message says "Media not present" tried different new discs and also DVD it's the same
          A.T. Romano Level 7

aggro

Your thread is now in the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum Premiere Elements

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running? Have you updated 12 to 12.1 yet? If not, please do that using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates. Does that resolve the problem?

From what you wrote, you have 2 burn to disc problems

a. Burner field = blank, does not list your burner

and

b. Status = Media Not Present

Is that correct, or is your problem only "b" Status = Media Not Present?

These are frequently happening issues in Premiere Elements. Some are resolved

a. uninstall/reinstall

or

b. using another burner external or internal

or

c. never

Let us try for the uninstall/reinstall to try to resolve your specific issue...please follow the following steps

1. Uninstall the program the usual Control Panel way

2. Do free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts)

CCleaner - Download

3. Reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

4. When assured 12 is working, then download and install 12.1 using project's Help Menu/Updates.

We will be watching for your progress. Please ask if you have any questions about the above.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...for the above I have assumed that your computer is Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit...if not, please let us know.

• 3. Re: There does not appear to be a Premiere elements forum. My PE12 will not recognise my DVD Bluray burner the error message says "Media not present" tried different new discs and also DVD it's the same
            aggro Level 1

My 12 month old purpose built PC for my film making, has windows 7

Professional loaded. Everything including PE12 saving to Bluray all worked

fine.

Issues required the laptop to be reset to an earlier date, since when PE12

does not recognise the DVD/Bluray drive, with the error message "no media

present" despite changes of disc and even to DVD discs.

The laptop builders have been in my PC by remote and tell me both the PC

and DVD drive are working perfectly. The DVD player will play proprietary

and my Bluray films.

OK following your email and thank you for that and Oh so quick. At 70 + I

have recorded all the processes as I did them so I didn't forget any

stages!!

I uninstalled PE12 and then restarted the laptop having switched off the

cable modem and then disabled the Norton fire wall, could not find the

Firefox firewall!!! Is there one?

I then re installed PE12 and when the finished and successful installation

of PE showed, I then enabled the Norton firewall and then switched on the

cable modem

Then enabled PE12 and loaded a working project without any problems. It ran

perfectly OK

Then tested if I could save to a Bluray disc or any disc and at which point

I got the error message "Media not present" tried it twice with brand new

Bluray discs and DVDS and the result was the same.

At this point I went to Help>Updates> and appeared to get a later version

of PE12 @ 167Mb, I saw nothing vaguely stating PE12.1 and then checked

again at Publish and Share>Blu-ray disc and still got the "Media not

present error message"

At this point may I ask if "someone" at Adobe or whatever has the ability

or facilities to enter my PC by remote and tick whatever boxes it takes to

get PE12 to recognise the Bluray burner or that a quality disc is even

loaded

Hope my monologue allows you to see the route I took and really hope you

will now have some answers or suggestions to resolve the problem, otherwise

this all singing and dancing very expensive purpose built PC is useless for

my needs, or do I use different software?

Thank you so much for your help to date, so what now is the next step?

Kind regards

Graham Ralls

• 4. Re: There does not appear to be a Premiere elements forum. My PE12 will not recognise my DVD Bluray burner the error message says "Media not present" tried different new discs and also DVD it's the same
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Graham Ralls

I have read through your history and description of your burn to issue. This is the plan that I would like you to consider.

Work with active Internet connection.

1. Open Premiere Elements 12, and go to Help Menu/Sign Out and click on Sign Out to deactivate the program. Close the program.

2. Go to Control Panel/Programs and uninstall Premiere Elements 12.

3. Then do a free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts) to get rid of leftovers from incomplete installs and uninstalls from Adobe or non Adobe products. It is important to do regular and registry. If you need a step by step on this, I will post it.

CCleaner - Download

4. Then reinstall Premiere Elements 12 with antivirus and firewalls disabled.

My understanding is that Firefox does not have a Firefox firewall. Its access to the Internet is controlled by the Windows Firewall.

Configure Windows Firewall to allow Firefox access to the Internet | Firefox Help

There may be times when the user has to configure Windows Firewall to allow Firefox access to the Internet. But, I would put that consideration aside for now and focus on the best possible uninstall/reinstall.

5. After you are assured that you have a successful install of Premiere Elements 12, then Help Menu/Updates for the updating of 12 to 12.1

6. Next, determine can you do the burn to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc, AVCHD on DVD disc, and Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc?

We will be watching for your progress as your schedule permits. Please let me know of any questions.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: There does not appear to be a Premiere elements forum. My PE12 will not recognise my DVD Bluray burner the error message says "Media not present" tried different new discs and also DVD it's the same
                aggro Level 1

Hi A.T.

Progress well some

Thank you for your patience and time in trying to resolve my burning from

PE12 issue

I followed your "Work with active  internet connection instructions" and

then with the  antivirus and firewalls disabled when instructed followed

the procedure.

For the first time in Oh so many reinstalls I got an instruction mid way

through the reinstallation, to also download Apple QuickTime, which I did

at the end,  having first re enabled  the antivirus and firewalls before

doing so,  and following that,  I  upgraded PE12 to PE12.1 and this time I

could see it was 12.1

Loaded PE and added a previously worked on "film" and tried to burn to a

Bluray disc and got the same "Media not present" error message, then did

the same with a DVD and it burned the film to the DVD disc, I then tested

the DVD and it played the recorded film without a hitch, so some real

progress, now just one more step to go, to get PE12 to recognise the Bluray

aspect .

So thank you for your help to date and is there now perhaps a next step or

more suggested procedures?

Kind regards

Graham Ralls

PS outside of PE I can burn data to both a Bluray and a DVD using

Cyberlink, is there perhaps an issue with PE and Cyberlink?

• 6. Re: There does not appear to be a Premiere elements forum. My PE12 will not recognise my DVD Bluray burner the error message says "Media not present" tried different new discs and also DVD it's the same
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Graham Ralls

Thanks for the update with the great news of the successful burn to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc. Great job.

I had hope that the uninstall/ccleaner/reinstall scheme would have taken care of the all the burn to issues. When you went through this scheme

3. Then do a free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts) to get rid of leftovers from incomplete installs and uninstalls from Adobe or non Adobe products. It is important to do regular and registry. If you need a step by step on this, I will post it.

CCleaner - Download

and got to the free ccleaner part, did you do the regular cleaner part as well as the registry cleaner part. You should do both. If you did not, please do. If you need any assistance with the registry part, please let me know. The registry part is essentially automated so you do not have to go into the Registry yourself for Registry edits. But, you should say Yes when that part asks for permission to back up the registry. If you say yes, it puts the file on the hard drive, and that file can be removed any time you do not need it.

You might want to repeat the uninstall, free cleaner run through, reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled to determine the outcome. This way you will have QuickTIme already installed when you reinstall Premiere Elements.

Since I have CyberLink software on my computer (came with my Blu-ray DVD burner) and Premiere Elements and have no problems with the burn to disc, I am not inclined to go for a conflict with CyberLink and Premiere Elements at this time. Do you have access to an external Blu-ray burner that you can use for comparison in this troubleshooting? What about an alternative supply of Blu-ray discs?  Do you have iTunes installed on your computer?

We will be watching for your results.

Thanks for the follow ups. Do no give up.

ATR

• 7. Re: There does not appear to be a Premiere elements forum. My PE12 will not recognise my DVD Bluray burner the error message says "Media not present" tried different new discs and also DVD it's the same
                    aggro Level 1

Hi A.T.

I went through the latest processes/suggestions,  to try and resolve the

non recognition of the BluRay burner by  my version of PE12 without any

more success

Talking to a fellow film maker who also experienced a similar problem, he

has shown me how to with PE12 save to a  AVCHD file and then burn with

IMGBURN, which is close enough and will now let me get on with the work in

hand, mind it is not what I paid adobe for.  I am amazed considering this

is a fairly common problem that Adobe have not sat down and addressed

whatever the issue is, as from correspondence I have had, I do not seem to

be alone with this problem.

Thank you for your help

Graham

• 8. Re: There does not appear to be a Premiere elements forum. My PE12 will not recognise my DVD Bluray burner the error message says "Media not present" tried different new discs and also DVD it's the same
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Graham

Thanks for the update with the good news that you found a workaround to the version 12/Blu-ray burner not recognized.

Just in case note...if the AVCHD burn to folder is working to give you a BDMV Folder for the Blu-ray disc in ImgBurn, consider....

The Blu-ray BDMV Folder is typically accompanied by a CERTIFICATE Folder. There is no CERTIFICATE Folder for your workaround unless....

In ImgBurn, under Write files/folders to disc,

Tools Menu

Settings

Build

Page 2

and option "Create CERTIFICATE Folder"

Best wishes

ATR