• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC '14 file lines appear jagged in CC '15

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created several illustrations in Illustrator CC 2014. After I updated to CC 2015, I opened this same file and now all of the characters' lines appear jagged and "non-vector-like". How can I fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

On a retina screen? Try toggling the GPU/CPU preview under the View menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a retina screen? Try toggling the GPU/CPU preview under the View menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That fixed it! Thank you so so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same question. This fixed it. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helped me fix the same problem. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue, I uninstalled and reinstalled Illustrator and I am still have the jagged edge issue. Toggled GPU and still nothing. What can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Larry!!! that fixed it! (y)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2015 Dec 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as some of the guys above. The lines in illustrator CC 2015.2 appear jagged...

This is our configuration: iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5.

We cleaned our MACs and reinstalled Illustrator but no luck. By toggling between GPU and CPU, lines always look jagged, one way or another.

Do you have any ideas? This is really frustrating..

Thank you.

jagged.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed it thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2017 Sep 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

fixed. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to resolve this by simply toggling GPU vs CPU, it always looks jagged now, one way or another. As opposed to before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a retina screen? If not, then try turning off the GPU acceleration in the Preferences and select the CPU preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No i do not have a retina screen, and I have done that.

My iMac is late 2013 model with the Nvidia GeForce GTX 780M 4GB GPU too... in case it matters, OS X is also updated to 10.10.3.

I'm attaching the sample vector images to demonstrate, prior to today's update it was all smooth...

Below is done by following every method of turning off the GPU preview from the preferences and the preview menu option. The results are the same even after restarting inbetween preference changes.
1.jpg2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so I uninstalled, and re-installed Adobe Illustrator CC 2015, following the advice of Larry G. Schneider there after and all is well. In case anyone else has similar issues with the previous solution, try that too.

@Adobe, I am intrigued to experiencing this GPU performance enhancement as soon as this feature matures or gets patched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2015 Aug 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to CC 2015 and am experiencing the same issues! Ugh - all of my beautiful, smooth vectors now appear jagged. It's distracting. I've tried all the toggles suggested above, and now I'm going to attempt an uninstall/reinstall. I hope this fixes things, and it's hard to work with these ugly jagged lines!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Did not fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed it for me, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to add that this fixed another issue I was having where overlapping strokes were displaying weird. Switched to CPU preview and now they look good with no clipping

Screen Shot 2015-06-16 at 3.59.28 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having the same issue with outlined text. Tried the CPU/GPU toggling and it still displays jagged in the cleaner view. Also tried uninstalling and re-installing. No improvement. CPU View looks better, but still seeing jagged lines. Especially on the "V" and "A" - anyone have insight?

CPU View

Screen Shot 2015-06-26 at 3.57.09 PM.png

GPU View

Screen Shot 2015-06-26 at 3.58.18 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2015 Jun 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was what was happening to me, I had to uninstall illustrator and re-download and re-install it. Then toggle the GPU view off, you'll notice everything back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2015 Jun 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having the same jagged line problem. Tried the CPU/GPU toggled, no luck. I reinstalled the software and updated al OSX and no improvements.  I'm on a 2013 Imac 27".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same trouble. I cant understand why the GPU is making the things jagged that way. 😕

Adobe, any answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2015 Aug 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue as well after updating. I've tried all possible solutions, and my files are still jagged. This is extremely frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

michaelb18847509 schrieb:

I'm having the same issue as well after updating. I've tried all possible solutions, and my files are still jagged. This is extremely frustrating.

Please show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing to CPU Preview eliminated most of the problem, but some of the strokes become jagged towards the ends, and I have no idea how to eliminate that. I don't remember this being a problem before the update.

logotest2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines