Exit

The Add-On Creative Cloud Libraries installation failed

Participant ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit
  • Adobe Creative Cloud

When prompted this morning to update my apps, I got the following error message:

The Add-On Creative Cloud Libraries installation failed because it is incompatible with installed Adobe applications. Refer to the Compatibility section by clicking here. I believe this message arrived just after updating to Photoshop CC (2015) and before starting Lightroom CC (2015).

When I clicked here, I got this page instead, a page indicating that Internet Explorer 8 no longer supported. Fortunately, I was able to grab the correct link before being redirected to the erroneous page. I am using IE 11 on Windows 8.1 Pro, 64 bit.

Does anyone understand this message about Add-On Creative Cloud Libraries installation failed because it is incompatible with installed Adobe applications and how to address its concern?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Kevin, please refer : Unable to install Add Ons for Creative Cloud 2015 products and share the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, please refer : Unable to install Add Ons for Creative Cloud 2015 products and share the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick help.

To help others, I uninstalled Photoshop CC(2015) using the Adobe Creative Cloud application. When I uninstalled, I was sure to keep my existing settings. I rebooted, and reinstalled the Photoshop CC(2015). My original problem seems to have disappeared.

However, I got a new problem. When I pinned my Photoshop CC(2015) icon on the taskbar, it was now blank. I followed the instructions on this following page to rebuild the icons. How to erase the icon and/or thumbnail cache in Windows 8/8.1 | WinAbility Software

Please note that the process for deleting icons differs from Windows 7 and below and Windows 8 (and presumably above). If you're a Windows 7 or early user, I believe the prior page will refer you to the correct location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did share my results. My reply, however, is currently being moderated, probably because I provided a url to another problem that had arisen when I enacted your solution. Please be sure to approve (modify if necessary) my moderated post.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines