thanks dave, I am panicking here. got a tight deadline.
- i am running after effects cc 2014 versions 13.1.3
- i don't know if I need updates. my adobe icon is missing since installing yosemite last week. that is where I would check for my updates.. maybe somebody can help me with that, too.
- i am running yosemite 10 10 3,
- nno error message just computer starts heating up and struggling after about 30 seconds into render. this happens anywhere I put my work space bar in the comp.
- im using the old render queue because I haven't had much luck with encoder.
- i have always been able to render pretty quickly.. these types of motion graphics projects. I was actually thinking this was a well designed project.. for fast renders because I was able to do everything in vector. no bitmap imagery at all. I am working from layered illustrator source files. illustrator cc2014 rgb ia files There are about 5 source files. one is rather large, containing approximately 30 layers.
- I am working on a macbook pro. 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 I have 8 gigs of ram.
- my graphics card is this NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB
- What kind(s) of source footage? When telling about your source footage, tell us about the codecs, not just the container types. For example, "H.264 in a .mov container", not just "QuickTime".
- I am checking on the quicktime
- I am not running any other software.
- i have red giant installed but I am not using any of the effects in this project
- Are you using OpenGL features in After Effects? I don't know
- Ram preview is Fine. it's only in the render
- Are you using Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously multiprocessing? I don'tknow what this means
- Are you using the ray-traced 3D renderer?no
- i am going out as Best Full. and I have tried all different codecs for a quicktime. animation, mpeg4, h.264 .. all experience the same problem.
also NO 3d this thing is 2d flatter than a pancake.. I was using some drop shadow in a couple places and took those off. but no improvement. Thought maybe it was gradients built native in illlustrator. but I turned the gradient layers off and no improvement. checking on the quicktime now.
Is there any possible way to revert to an older OS? Yosemite is the culprit. Then you'd be able to complete your project.
To be blunt, Yosemite is a piece of garbage.
Julie Best wrote:
I am running after effects cc 2014 versions 13.1.3
You might consider updating After Effects to 13.2 (which was a bug fix update for CC 2014) or downloading and installing 13.5 (which is a whole new release called CC 2015) and see if that makes a difference before you mess about with the (admittedly kinda crappy) OS.
Also, before you roll back your OS, try checking permissions issues - they can often screw things up if they're not set right - and upgrading Mac OSX almost always messes them up. fixing permissions problem that impedes start of Adobe applications | After Effects region of interest
thanks guys, I will do latest updates on AE if that doesn't work then .... I actually have an old mac pro here that is running mavrick. I'm just going to move over to that machine.
I would be happy to test render in a few versions of AE on two separate macs. Feel free to send your project files. I offer so we can narrow down the exact problem to help people in the future.
mattdz that's super nice. what's the easiest way to get you the project file and source files?
First, you need to "collect files" .... this will collect everything in your project and copy/organize it correctly.
To do this, simply go to File > Dependencies > Collect Files
Save this folder somewhere (like your desktop) and then zip it up and email it if the project isn't too huge.
Send an email with the zip attachment to my personal address if you'd like. matt ( at ) mattworks.com